Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Watters Grills Ron Paul About Avoiding 'The Factor'

Jesse Watters Grills Ron Paul About Avoiding 'The Factor'

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol i think he need jesse to go out more to do interviews. atleast he's not disrespectful

Jesse, Ron Paul appropriately went on the Lou Dobbs show instead of the O'Reily Factor because you guys are rude and don't seem to be able to understand very simple concepts.

Jesse Watters, "Are you okay with Iran having a nuclear weapon?" Jesse, you are being rude. What kind of question is that? Iran's nuclear program is not our main problem as more and more Americans are out of work.
    Jesse Watters, "And you're a big gold guy, you talk about gold alot. Bill thinks it is fascinating but Bill thinks it is confusing. What do you want to do with gold?"

What an amateur. The gold standard is defined in the Coinage Act of 1792, Jesse & Bill. It is an easy definition to understand. 270 grains of standard gold is $10.00 - Eagle, or 270/10 = 27 grains of standard gold is $1.00. Pretty simple.
    EAGLES--each to be of he value of ten dollars or units, and to contain two hundred and forty-seven grains and four eighths of a grain of pure, or two hundred and seventy grains of standard gold.
    Ron Paul, "Bill has a little problem with economic understanding."
    Jesse Watters, "Enlighten us, what is your idea of what we should do with gold, is it all in Fort Knox, or do we have to dig it up?" Sheesh Watters are you completely clueless. Use google and learn a little bit before you embarrass yourself on national media.

Then Jesse Watters and Bill O'Reily proceed to prove Ron Paul right. They do not understand economics. Those two cannot even read the Constitution properly. Jesse misquotes it and claims it is a theory... WOW. It's really clear, Jesse and Bill. Really clear.

Article I
    Section. 10.No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.
    Someday it will be nice to see more smart respectful journalists.
    Last edited by Travlyr; 09-08-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Wow, O'Reilly must be tired of all of our emails.

I was going to write "HE'S A DOCTOR!" but he corrected himself at the very end.
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

Why should Ron go on his show? There's no point. No debate, no conversation, no civil discourse will occur. It will be just like last time when orally talked over Ron every other second and yelled at him like a lunatic. No debate was allowed to occur then.
    Last edited by BW2112; 09-07-2011 at 09:15 PM.

The guy appears to be right. The only mention of gold & silver appears to be in the admonishment that states can only use gold and silver coins to "pay their debts." The restriction on congress to coin money only from gold & silver does not appear to exist. So where is Dr. Paul getting this from?

When the Constitution was written the states issued money not the federal government.

That was the smarmiest, most condescending piece of bull$#@! I've ever seen. And it doesn't make it ok to say "Oh but I mean no disrespect to Ron Paul" at the end.

Ron Paul has forgotten more about economics than those two know. Wipe those $#@! eating grins off your faces you douchebags. You just smeared the most knowledgeable, honest and genuine politician in DC. Chuck Norris would like a word with you.

Unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGUcU...eature=related

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    id like to knock that smug smile off his face. what a dick.

Bill "we don't need a history lesson" Oreilly?
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post

Someday it will be nice to see more smart respectful journalists.
    I don't think that any of us will live to see the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    I don't think that any of us will live to see the day.
    Oh I don't know. I think the Internet is calling them out. We might see it because it is harder and harder to believe what most of them are saying now. At least I can hope.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    The guy appears to be right. The only mention of gold & silver appears to be in the admonishment that states can only use gold and silver coins to "pay their debts." The restriction on congress to coin money only from gold & silver does not appear to exist. So where is Dr. Paul getting this from?

Yea I can see what you're saying. For the first time ever I think they put up a viable counterpoint to Paul's position in the video. I'm gonna go reread the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    Oh I don't know. I think the Internet is calling them out. We might see it because it is harder and harder to believe what most of them are saying now. At least I can hope.
    Let's hope you're right.

Here is the producer's FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=607782951

SEND HIM A MESSAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by RKoho View Post
    Yea I can see what you're saying. For the first time ever I think they put up a viable counterpoint to Paul's position in the video. I'm gonna go reread the constitution.
    Dr. Paul understands the clear language of article 1 sections 8, 9, and 10 and I don't know what O'Reilly and y'alls reading comprehension problems are:

1. Section 8 gives Congress the power to make coins.

2. Section 8 does NOT give the Congress any power regarding legal tender laws. Hence, legal tender laws are left to the states.

3. Section 10 limits the states powers regarding their legal tender laws. The states are allowed only to make gold and silver coins legal tender.

Any questions? And would you please explain this to O'Reilly?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Bohringer View Post

1. Section 8 gives Congress the power to make coins.
    But it specifies no requirement as to their composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Bohringer View Post
    The states are allowed only to make gold and silver coins legal tender.
    Section 10 states that "No State shall make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts." A simple purchase is not a "payment of debts." Nor are the citizenry a "State."

It seems to me that any state could legislate cigarettes or beads as legal tender. They would, however, be required to settle debts ( with bondholders, for example) with gold and silver coin.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-08-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Section 10 states that "No State shall make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts." A simple purchase is not a "payment of debts." Nor are the citizenry a "State."

It seems to me that any state could legislate cigarettes or beads as legal tender. They would, however, be required to settle debts ( with bondholders, for example) with gold and silver coin.
    I am pretty sure you owe someone money when they sell you an item. Is that not debt? It even says on your money that "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private."

oreilly ripped on ron paul again. they just talked about 'who won the debate' with carl cameron and someone else. carl cameron talked about every single person except ron paul. the other guy only talked about romney/perry. as they were wrapping up carl brought up the incident where perry got in pauls face, and oreilly said something along the lines of 'i dont understand why he thinks of him as a threat, paul is just a gadfly and has no chance at all.'

he can't find enough opportunities to rip on paul.

But it specifies no requirement as to their composition.
    Exactly. Congress is empowered to regulate the purity of its coins in the same way as Congress is given the power to "fix" weights and measures--that's why these powers are enumerated in the same sentence.

Some people might say that that means they can declare an inch to be a country mile and a slug to be a dollar. But they've never done anything like that. They've actually NOT abused either of these powers. A dollar is still defined as so many grains of silver and an inch is still an inch.

What they've done, however is violate (after usurping legal tender powers at the federal level) the prohibition on making any Thing legal tender besides gold and silver. That's the constitutional principle that they must violate in order to print money in order to pay Lockheed and Raytheon so that they can hire O'Reilly to be a spokesman for their wars, cops, and soldiers.

O'Reilly's stuttering about the constitution's silver and gold clause being about "state coinage" is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger29860 View Post
    I am pretty sure you owe someone money when they sell you an item. Is that not debt? It even says on your money that "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private."
    Of course. The silver and gold clause in section 10 is clearly about legal tender laws. Even if it were only partially about legal tender laws--as anaconda seems to imply--the principle would be the same: The constitution only allows the states to make legal tender laws and the constitution limits the states' exercise of this power by restricting them to only making gold and silver coin legal tender.

So what is the campaign's stance on this? Is Ron Paul not going on O'Reilly's show because of scheduling, or is Paul actually afraid of the leprechaun and his questions? Not going on after all the complaints of a "media blackout" seems odd.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    So what is the campaign's stance on this? Is Ron Paul not going on O'Reilly's show because of scheduling, or is Paul actually afraid of the leprechaun and his questions? Not going on after all the complaints of a "media blackout" seems odd.
    Ron Paul basically insulted O'Reilly, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger29860 View Post
    The exchange of money and product or service generally occur simultaneously. There is no debt. Plus The Constitution refers explicitly to "states" paying their debts with gold and silver, not individuals.

The exchange of money and product or service generally occur simultaneously. There is no debt.
    The exchange was simultaneous..hence the debt existed and was discharged immediately. The reason you are given a numbered receipt is to prove the debt was discharged.

HTH
    Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

People do not understand currency and neither does O'R. I don't know why people do not understand currency it is about what they work for.,

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    The exchange was simultaneous..hence the debt existed and was discharged immediately. The reason you are given a numbered receipt is to prove the debt was discharged.

HTH
    Rev9
    The receipt is proof of purchase. No debt exists in a common exchange of money for a product. I put my product on the checkout counter and ownership is transferred to me the instant my debit card is swiped and approved, or the instant the checker accepts my money.

The receipt is proof of purchase. No debt exists in a common exchange of money for a product. I put my product on the checkout counter and ownership is transferred to me the instant my debit card is swiped and approved, or the instant the checker accepts my money.
    And if you did not immediately pay there is a debt involved that needs to be discharged or theft charges then arise if you continue out the place of purchase without paying. The proof that the debt was discharged is the receipt and if you have that you cannot be charged with theft.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast