Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RP Presses Perry on Big Government Record and Fake Rhetoric

Thumbs up RP Presses Perry on Big Government Record and Fake Rhetoric

Ron Paul Campaign Presses Perry on Big Government Record and Fake Rhetoric
    Issues open letter knocking Perry’s liberal record

LAKE JACKSON, Texas– 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul’s campaign continues to challenge Rick Perry in the lead up to tonight’s Republican presidential debate. Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton released an open letter to Gov. Perry focusing on his record as Texas head of state, pointing out inconsistencies with his new Tea Party rhetoric. See text of letter below.

Subject: Rick Perry Can't Handle the Truth

An open letter from Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton

Dear Governor Perry,

After our campaign’s first ad highlighting your Big Government record and support for liberal Al Gore, your campaign is attacking Dr. Paul - missing the point of why your past is important.

We don’t think the fact that you used to be a Democrat is the big problem here. The real problem is that, too often, you still act like one. Even you yourself, Governor Perry, said of your party switch, “I will still vote the same principles, only with an R after my name.”

That's the kind of thinking that has our country teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. We cannot afford to nominate someone who thinks the letter next to their name is more important than what they believe.

Governor Perry, let me be clear: It is not that you supported Al Gore that worries us.

It is that you supported Hillary Clinton's health care plan.

You pushed for federal bailout and stimulus funds.

You support welfare for illegal immigrants.

You tried to forcibly vaccinate12-year-old girls against sexually transmitted diseases by executive order.

You raised taxes twice.

And, state debt has more than doubled in your tenure as governor, pushing Texas to the brink of our constitutional debt limit.

It's that you supported ALL of these bad ideas that are inconsistent with how most Republicans understand conservatism, yet you now try to swagger your way into the Tea Party.

Governor Perry, with all due respect, you have used great rhetoric. But you will have to answer to the voters of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and across the country as to why that rhetoric does not match your record.

For Liberty,

Jesse Benton
    Campaign Chairman
    Ron Paul 2012

SOURCE:
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/09/0...fake-rhetoric/
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 09-07-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good read! We just need the everyday person to read this..
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

Great message from Jesse Benton directly to Governor Perry!
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

I wish they'd take out full page newspaper ads with that letter.

Oh no! Benton has messed up again! [/sarcasm]

Seriously, this is a great read. Very direct, and too the point. I am looking foward to the debate tonight!

Wow, this is great.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying the campaign has been doing an absolutely amazing job recently. Stepping it up!

It is not being picked up yet. Neither bing.com nor google.com have any reference to this

Has the campaign bought any print space for this?
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

These couple of shots are leading up to a battle at the Library. Go Ron go!

These press releases are all on www.ronpaul2012.com
    End The Nanny State!

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Now that is badass! Liberal Rick Perry getting a faceful of truth.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt23g View Post
    Has the campaign bought any print space for this?
    They really need to. It's great that they wrote this letter, but what's the point if no one sees it?

FULL PAGE ADS IN SOUTH CAROLINA, IOWA AND TEXAS!!! We need to go after Romney in Nevada and NH.

I want everyone who reads the Des Moines Register to wake up tomorrow morning, and read that on the editorial page, even if it means the campaign paying the entire ad stream from the Front Page section for the day.

Is that too much to ask?
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Where is the link for this? We need to be able to post links to this as we make comments and publicize it.

Edit: Thanks dorfsmith. (You posted while I was writing this.)
    Last edited by Paul Fan; 09-07-2011 at 10:29 AM.

OK we need to be submitting this to every news site possible.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Benton just pwned.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

Everyone needs to tweet, Facebook, email, link this in every possible place

I drudged it, but I don't know if he links to campaign websites. I wish the press release were somewhere else too.

Wow!

And Jeff Lord over at American Spectator just wrote an article warning that "as he takes to the stage tonight at Ronald Reagan's library, Ron Paul will be spending his time trying to lead an intellectual coup d'état of the movement of which Ronald Reagan was once the undisputed leader: the American conservative movement"
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by KramerDSP View Post
    Wow!

And Jeff Lord over at American Spectator just wrote an article warning that "as he takes to the stage tonight at Ronald Reagan's library, Ron Paul will be spending his time trying to lead an intellectual coup d'état of the movement of which Ronald Reagan was once the undisputed leader: the American conservative movement"
    No coup. Just proof enough that he is the de facto leader of it--by default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Just remember, Ron... Lloyd Bentsen knew Jack Kennedy. You knew Ronald Reagan.

Remember that, and pray to have the will to keep it in your back pocket until the moment you really need it.
    Last edited by JohnGalt23g; 09-07-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Historical Accuracy

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I wish the ad would have mentioned some of those things; things Rick Perry can't simply explain by saying he used to be a democrat just like Reagan.

Thanks Matt! Jesse Benton's letter attacks the heart of the matter. I shared the link with several groups... Next we go after Perry's phony inflated investments, which clearly show profits made through crony capitalism. But remember, as soon as we knock Perry out of the race, we're going to get a new contender, it's like a monster that grows a new head every time you cut it off. You can't make this $#@! up!

Rick Perry is the shining example of what George Washington warned us about in his Farewell Address:

George Washington Warning against the rise of political parties

George Washington spent considerable time in his Farewell Address, warning against the rise of political parties or political factions. (By way of definition, a political party is a cohesive group of citizens who seek to acquire power in the government and then distribute favors or high salaried offices to their faithful supporters. This procedure is called the "political spoils system.")

Note what George Washington predicted would happen in America if the political party system was allowed to develop in this country as it had in Europe:
    "Let me now warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effect of the spirit of party.... It exists ... in all governments ... but in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness and is truly their worst enemy.
    "The alternate [or alternating] domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge ... has perpetrated the most horrid enormities....
    "It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasional riot and insurrection."

Washington declared that this infighting tends to evolve into party dictatorships which in "itself is a frightening despotism." He said this self-defeating party warfare can lead the people to become so disillusioned with government in general that the people "seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns ... to the purposes of his own elevation on the ruins of public liberty."
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

They have a plan and so far it is looking like it will be implemented perfectly! Bring Perry's policies to light during his first debate, as a presidential candidate, when the spotlight is solely on him.

For them to be this bold, they must believe in their plan. I cannot wait to see what happens.

digg it? hxxp://digg.com/news/politics/ron_paul_campaign_presses_perry_on_big_government_ record_and_fake_rhetoric
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Wow that's a rather impressive letter! Gonna make a blog post about this I think. Keep spreading it around everyone.
    Go check out my vocal covers on Youtube. Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdQYPR6lEo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast