Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need to assemble a team, bloggers, facebook, twitter, youtube... what are your skills?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

We need to assemble a team, bloggers, facebook, twitter, youtube... what are your skills?

I want to organize people with skills. Let's work together to dominate and win. What we are doing is a form of advertising and marketing. Tell me what you are good at. What can you contribute?

I am good at Wordpress.

I am ok at Facebook.

I am a novice at Twitter.

I am a novice at Youtube.

I want to be able to take something like a wordpress I create, liberalrickperry.wordpress.com for example and spread it like wildfire. It is already growing well and I am tracking the conversations and people are very happy to learn the information. They are shock to learn... the truth.

Fall in people.

Who can easily create a facebook page? Twitter? Youtube? Graphics? etc...
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, I have a sweet bike. And I'm really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus I'm like the only guy at my school who has a mustache. And then you know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills...pretty good at drawing, like animals and warriors and stuff...probably the best that I know of.

Sorry but you were asking for it. Anyways so I'm not completely spamming and in fact bringing something to the discussion....

I can do SEO work.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    Well, I have a sweet bike. And I'm really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus I'm like the only guy at my school who has a mustache. And then you know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills...pretty good at drawing, like animals and warriors and stuff...probably the best that I know of.

Sorry but you were asking for it. Anyways so I'm not completely spamming and in fact bringing something to the discussion....

I can do SEO work.
    Can you bring me a delicious bass?

I am going to sleep for the night but please contribute. I will return!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

SEO skills are very, very valuable.

I'm good with Photoshop and graphics, ok with Premiere Pro and After Effects (there are some amazing video editors around here)

I have a youtube page and fast upload/download speeds. I can capture video from anywhere, shrink file size while keeping quality and have it on youtube/filehost within 10 minutes.

I think that's about it.

We have the Twitter part started, so you might want to link to that.

I can help with:
    - Graphic/Web Design
    - Online Marketing
    - Social Media
    - SEO
    - Also have PHP developer on hand
    Last edited by dusman; 09-05-2011 at 01:22 AM.

I do web app development, as in actual application logic and back-end stuff, not so much design u.i.

If you need anything done that doesn't already exist, pm me. I'm working on a HUGE RP-related project now, some of which may be useful to other projects.

I've been working at building a twitter following as per dusman's thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?310495-An-Effective-Twitter-Strategy...&highlight=effective+twitter+strategy

U
    p to 310 followers and climbing...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wordpress (self-hosted), SEO, graphic design, online marketing, social media, and what-have-you.
    Ron Paul Voting Record (.com)
    Ron Swanson's horrifying campfire story: http://youtu.be/-EOpWYM9Lxo

I blogged for years so I know about writing on a blog. I can do simple stuff to make a blog look better, but no real CSS or web app skills. I use FB and Twitter. I have a twitter client running most of the time. My husband codes in C++ so if anyone needs that, I'll make him do it.

I have a good amount of experience running campaign facebook pages, and I am quite good at youtube. I am ok at graphics, and not too bad at video editing.

Is anyone using Google+? We need to go there, too.

Is there someway this could be discussed in a member only(not public) area?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I want to organize people with skills. Let's work together to dominate and win. What we are doing is a form of advertising and marketing. Tell me what you are good at. What can you contribute?

I am good at Wordpress.

I am ok at Facebook.

I am a novice at Twitter.

I am a novice at Youtube.

I want to be able to take something like a wordpress I create, liberalrickperry.wordpress.com for example and spread it like wildfire. It is already growing well and I am tracking the conversations and people are very happy to learn the information. They are shock to learn... the truth.

Fall in people.

Who can easily create a facebook page? Twitter? Youtube? Graphics? etc...
    Writing. I can design stuff, but banging code is something I am rusty with. Can do it in any event.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by InTradePro View Post
    Is there someway this could be discussed in a member only(not public) area?
    We really should. We need a location to go to organize all the creatives and technos.

I'm good with programming, html jscript asp aspx php sql server databases, web hosting, file serving, web page design
    I also do graphic design, video effects, video editing, sound editing and clean up

Count me in!!!
    Last edited by Chainspell; 09-05-2011 at 01:37 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Ok so we need to create a facebook page and feed the rss from the liberalrickperry.wordpress.com/feed to it, add twitter and create a youtube to promote all 3.

Who will create the...

facebook

twitter

youtube
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Barack Obama Social Media Toolkit by Edelman on Scribd"

THIS IS EXCELLENT! Check it out: "hxxp://www.scribd.com/doc/10807015/Barack-Obama-Social-Media-Toolkit-by-Edelman"

Here's some successful strategies from the '08 Obama campaign:

Obama’s use of the Internet targeted 18 to 29 years olds, the age group most reliant on new media for political information about the election. Numbers have shown that presidential candidates have increased their presence and activity online. Obama’s campaign managers understood that the reason younger voters tended to ignore politicians was because politicians tended to ignore issues which most concerned them, which is why Obama received such a positive reaction from America’s youth.

Through forums and social websites such as MySpace and Facebook, Obama built relationships with his supporters, and would-be supporters. He developed an upfront, personable and face-to-face quality that gave his supporters a sense of security and trust, which inspired them to rally others in their local communities. The supporters of Obama themselves formed a nation-wide community. The Internet provided useful and effective tools, such as the Neighbor-to-Neighbor tool on (My.BarackObama.com), allowing them to reach a large number of people in a short time in their own community, which in turn led to campaign rallying for more Obama support. Online communication led to Obama supporters engaging in social activities such as signmaking and door-to-door petitioning for Obama support, as well as simply discussing their opinions about policies and issues they supported along with Obama.

The Obama web campaign used consumer marketing to target individuals with customized information to their predicted interests. Political communication to viewers was based on data collected about them. This data was collected by volunteers, surveys on the website and records of consumption habits. Website surveys took a short amount of time to fill out. More detailed surveys were requested and received through email. Records of consumption habits helped the campaign make predictions about people based on statistical models. People received messages tailored close to their beliefs. Marketing based on consumer data also enabled effective grassroots organizing through the website. Data gathered from the website indicated who the most dedicated constituents were; the website tracked how often a person visited and when.

The campaign team then targeted and encouraged activists in contested, winnable areas, such as through the website program Neighbor-to-neighbor.
    All of his policies were made available online, and updates were sent to the subscribers of his political party via email and text message, ultimately making him the most technology savvy and “hip” candidate to date, thus increasing his popularity among youth voters.

An unprecedented communication strategy was the "online call tool”. Over one million calls were made from residential, personal laptops and desktops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_...campaign,_2008
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

Maybe those of us who are interested in video could all work on certain target audiences. I'm not a pro, but I have done some videos in iMovie. In a recent LA Times poll, RP polled well with blacks and Latinos:

The other interesting thing to note is that Paul dominates the other candidates in the non-white vote. And not just in the general 'non-white' category, but also in the specifically black and latino categories. He doesn't do as well among women, but he does very well among the young voters.

hxxp://www.dailypaul.com/177403/paul...non-white-vote

As a libertarian, I view people as individuals rather than in groups, but in marketing this is a MUST. I think we need to target minority groups - especially when it comes to the disproportionate amount of our African American citizens who are incarcerated for long jail terms due to drug use. This is a BIG ISSUE and Ron Paul would end the war on drugs. Listen to this Professor who calls for ending the war as well.

Those who are interested in doing videos, maybe we can do a target list of people/issues and build up a library of them. Any thoughts?
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

In the past few days I started a WordPress, Google +, YouTube, Tumblr etc. I'm new to all this blogging and online stuff especially in my own name. I recently lost my second full time job so I have an extra 8 hours a day 5 days a week to do whateva. So I decided to do what everyone else is doing.

I would like to eventually focus on my local area and the people around my community. Anything to get busy will do for now.

I made a list of links and pages you can like if you care too. http://melissakirst.wordpress.com/about/
    Also comments and suggestions will be much appreciated, I'm just running with a brainy idea for now.
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Wait, what are we building? Is it for the Rick Perry is a liberal?

I have 1,840 followers on Twitter and am on TLOT and TCOT lists

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyw24 View Post
    nice I have 14,000 subscribers on youtube! altho my 3 channels were about games I can plug in Ron Paul stuff!! Let them unsubscribe if they want to HA! I dont care!

let's get our own network going in addition to this forum, I was planning on making more videos more about targeted topics but im letting more ideas marinate in my head first so I can "attack" it really well.

I wanna start rounding up opinion video's of people in my hometown, alot of people have asked me to YouTube what they have to say. Most really mentioned YouTube it - as a joke, but I said I could make it happen, the ones that really laugh then - are the ones that demand it before I leave. (lol) My camara is a piece of crap though, but I have some really good ones.

Anyhows, they could raise some awareness within their own if only all the people that knew when, where and why they decided to YouTube it.

Although local ptb will prolly raise a fuss. This could get hairy I'm sure. Worth a try right ?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyw24 View Post
    Can you follow @rptweeps

In fact, if any of you have Twitter accounts, be sure to follow that account. We are using it to track how many followers we have access to via this strategy: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...itter-Strategy...
    Last edited by dusman; 09-05-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Wait, what are we building? Is it for the Rick Perry is a liberal?
    Well that is the current project but I want us organized for any project at any time. We can move quickly and help each other and Ron Paul.

4 years ago I created TheCaseForRonPaul.com and I eventually created 1 youtube video to cross promote it.

These days I love creating wordpress blogs on a whim. I can create a good looking blog site in 30 minutes.

If others can pitch in with their skillsets we will dominate and win baby!
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 09-05-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaCato View Post
    I wanna start rounding up opinion video's of people in my hometown, alot of people have asked me to YouTube what they have to say. Most really mentioned YouTube it - as a joke, but I said I could make it happen, the ones that really laugh then - are the ones that demand it before I leave. (lol) My camara is a piece of crap though, but I have some really good ones.

Anyhows, they could raise some awareness within their own if only all the people that knew when, where and why they decided to YouTube it.

Although local ptb will prolly raise a fuss. This could get hairy I'm sure. Worth a try right ?
    hey melissa i think i can help you with editing if you need help i've done that montage before and i enjoyed making it. altho not my primary goal right now to make one of those supporter montage videos again, it would be fun to make another one anyway lol.

oh oh~! idea~!! we can have a freaking montage video for every state! instead of them saying what state they're on like my video did, we'll feature them saying their city. like seattle, washington! kent, washington! covington, washington! bellevue washington!

and everyone in that video will be from that state.... haha that would be hilarious i think, and it would appeal more locally lol!!!

hahaha crazy idea i know, but when it clicks you have to take it for a ride to see if it works lol
    Last edited by Chainspell; 09-06-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

4 years ago I created TheCaseForRonPaul.com and I eventually created 1 youtube video to cross promote it.
    Ya I can see why only one video, it's 9:00am now and I had to reboot my PC 3 times trying to download YouTube Movie Maker from CNET. Watch this brainy idea of mine crash my beloved computer and I loose 1/2 my life in pictures. Darn it.

Ron Paul 2012 !!

Don't forget prayer warriors....gosh, maybe praying for Ron Paul might help.

Gosh, Myrtle, we have tried everything else, has it come to Prayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Chainspell View Post

and everyone in that video will be from that state.... haha that would be hilarious i think, and it would appeal more locally lol!!!
    Ya, that's what I wanna do locally. Over the years I've managed to roundup on social networks all the County officials one way or another. What I have in mind is to focus on tptb .. you know Tweet, FaceBook, Emails, MeetUp these video opinions directly. That's the only way anythings gonna change around here <in yo face kinda stuff> .. they control everything polls our churches and schools. The people with the most money spent on politics around here control everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast