Thread: Too Late to Register Republican?

Too Late to Register Republican?

Hey. Over the summer I noticed that I had missed the deadline to register Republican. Is there no way I can vote in the primary at this time? Also will this disqualify me from going to any of the Republican Party functions at HQ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://hawaii.gov/elections/voters/registration.htm

Not at all too late--the registration deadline for the primary is July 12, 2012, so you have a little under a year to do so. No need to procrastinate though!

In regards to the GOP functions, I have no idea. We have a mod named RonPaulHawaii who's on from time to time, you may want to message him for more info. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member....-ronpaulhawaii
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Hawaii will hold Precinct Caucuses instead of a Primary.

According to the Green Papers here

Voters may join the Republican party and register to vote at the caucus. Only party members are eligible to participate in the caucuses.
    Hawaii's caucuses will be held on March 13 (source here) so you still have time to register as a Republican.

The sooner you register, the better. Last time around, shenanigans were pulled in some places and some folks who registered in time, but close to the deadline, were disenfranchised.

I'm already registered to vote in general elections, I just need to register Republican unless registration for Primary voting is not the same as General registration. I could not find the site to register as a Republican and I was under the impression that the deadline was this last July. I'll message RonPaulHawaii and see if he has any details. Either way I just joined the meetup group today so I'll get my questions ironed out real soon.
    Last edited by hawaiisb; 09-04-2011 at 09:08 PM.

I moved to Hawaii in early February from CA. I was a registered Republican there. I registered to vote here in Hawaii, but unlike in CA I could not register Republican here at the same time. I'm not sure what, if anything, I need to do to be eligible to caucus and vote on March 13th. I live in Kailua-Kona. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    I moved to Hawaii in early February from CA. I was a registered Republican there. I registered to vote here in Hawaii, but unlike in CA I could not register Republican here at the same time. I'm not sure what, if anything, I need to do to be eligible to caucus and vote on March 13th. I live in Kailua-Kona. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.
    As long as you are registered to vote in Hawaii, you are fine because there is no party registration in Hawaii.

However, you do have to affiliate with the Republican party. You can do this online here or do so at the caucus.

Here is more information about the caucus: http://www.gophawaii.com/2012-presidential-caucus/
    Last edited by tsai3904; 03-02-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Make sure to also get all of your family, friends, neighbors, etc to affiliate and come out too. If you can drag 10, 20 people to your individual caucus site you've got a great shot at your entire slate moving forward.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Get hold of State Deputy Director: Katie Redman

You can find her on this Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/RP2012HI

Or go to www.ronpaul2012.com, scroll down to the volunteer map, click the Hawai'i image and you'll find her there.

as soon as possible
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    Welcome to the Big Island from the East side!
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE