Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I really wish Ron didn't make those comments about FEMA

I really wish Ron didn't make those comments about FEMA

I don't think we realize how bad it's hurt us yet...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he stays on point and has clear examples of how they have mismanaged our tax dollars and have kept help from getting to the people who needed it, he will win the day.

Don't worry. He's got the facts on his side. He just has to sell it in clear terms.

No, you don't realize how bad FEMA itself has hurt us yet, that's all.

Ron Paul and many others do.

It should be abolished ASAP.
    Last edited by WilliamC; 09-03-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

FEMA shows up, bureaucratizes everything, and absolutely destroys local charitable efforts. I think his statements about FEMA will help him win the republican primary, where voters are concerned with selecting someone who's serious about cutting spending.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

I think Paul is having a hard time negotiating between what he knows should ultimately happen, and what he could do as the President.

Do FEMA camps exist?
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

What I find interesting is how many persons who have actually had to deal with FEMA are writing comments in news stories agreeing with Ron Paul.

I wish I had time to collect them all - I think personal testimony from the tens of thousands who have endured the major headache of the FEMA bureaucracy would be the best antidote for the Ron Paul/FEMA questions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It will only hurt him with the libs...and they aren't who we have to win over just yet.

The problem is most people dont take the time to properly read his POV. They just see headlines and thats it.
    Please subscribe to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/marcscalera

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
    It will only hurt him with the libs...and they aren't who we have to win over just yet.
    A smart liberal would even understand that FEMA is a failure, it could even be restructured in their eyes. If they don't see it as a failure then they're blind to the facts.

This video is great to counter the criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Nastynate View Post
    A smart liberal would even understand that FEMA is a failure, it could even be restructured in their eyes. If they don't see it as a failure then they're blind to the facts.

Smart liberal? Stop it with the oxymorons, will ya.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I think Paul is having a hard time negotiating between what he knows should ultimately happen, and what he could do as the President.
    ^^ Bingo!!

And he talks about his philosophical ideology, but people don't realize he won't do or can't do a lot of those things, at least immediately, as President. Perhaps he preface "... as President, I would..." and differentiate those.

Wish someone in his campaign would read this and relay this to him.

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    ^^ Bingo!!

And he talks about his philosophical ideology, but people don't realize he won't do or can't do a lot of those things, at least immediately, as President. Perhaps he preface "... as President, I would..." and differentiate those.

Wish someone in his campaign would read this and relay this to him.

This is where Ron Paul's honest is really used against him by the "gotcha" media, who NEVER ask him a question that's not calculated or slanted. And RP is so honest that he does his best to give an honest answer to a complex question. The trouble is, honest answers to complex questions are impossible to parse into a twenty second soundbite.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    No, you don't realize how bad FEMA itself has hurt us yet, that's all.

Ron Paul and many others do.

It should be abolished ASAP.
    The real reason for FEMA is to orchestrate the draconian police state crackdown and "continuity of government" contingencies for the elites. It's really $#@!ed up. As far as talking points go, I like that Ron keeps talking about how all of his constituents call in to complain about FEMA. I wish Ron would talk more about the unconstitutional gun grabs in New Orleans and depriving people of their property rights there.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    What I find interesting is how many persons who have actually had to deal with FEMA are writing comments in news stories agreeing with Ron Paul.

I wish I had time to collect them all - I think personal testimony from the tens of thousands who have endured the major headache of the FEMA bureaucracy would be the best antidote for the Ron Paul/FEMA questions.
    This would make a great website.

I think the media is using FEMA to counter balance their shut out. They give him a lot of air time but on an issue that isn't at the core of his priorities. I actually liked that he showed their are steps to improve FEMA without just abolishing it. ie) using them for rescue missions and not guaranteed insurance. The hardest part of his campaign is that he needs to show how he will takes steps to move things in the right direction, but the halfway points don't necessarily jive with his positions or his record.

It didn't hurt him at all. It only helps Ron to take very conservative views on economic issues. What really hurt Ron was when he started talking about Iran in the debate. The more Ron can stay focused on economic issues, the better. Ron's FEMA comments will probably give him a 5 point boost in the polls.

But really, why do people not seem to realize that Ron is running in the Republican primary? Why in the world would conservative voters not like Ron's position on this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Restore-America-NOW View Post
    I don't see how it could hurt us. The more of an issue it becomes, the more likely it will be that other candidates will have to say where they stand, and the more likely it will be that they'll expose themselves as people who have no intention of honoring their oaths of office. If Ron Paul sets himself apart as the only one in the crowd who's against FEMA, that's a good thing. And the only chance he possibly has of ever winning is by doing that. He won't ever overtake Romney and Perry by being nothing but the same thing they are, only without ever having been a governor.

He's refining the message to say that he does think the federal government can play a role in rescue, but should stay out of the insurance. I think it's a good message and it gets the truth out.

I live in Houston, and no one in my neighborhood was impressed with FEMA after Ike.

At any rate, Michael Brown, former head of FEMA, agreed with Ron Paul on Fox News. I don't know how to embed you tube here, but this link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Z0N...ayer_embedded#! .

If you think Ron Paul's FEMA comments hurt, it is worthwhile to watch Brownie agree with Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    Do FEMA camps exist?
    Yes they do exist.

Youtube: Police State 4: Rise of FEMA

Youtube: Camp FEMA

Youtube: Enemy of the State: Camp FEMA 2

Quote Originally Posted by Restore-America-NOW View Post
    Actually, I think it is quite the opposite. He can actually use it to his advantage. Ron has said more than once that the National Guard shouldn't be in other countries in warfare, and instead here at home helping during these sorts of disasters, and if we weren't in those wars, we would have a body that is better suited to respond to things of this nature. This appeals to a whole host of people, and its true. So as long as he continues to lead into the anti-war, let the national guard, instead of a whacked slush fund(insurance) called FEMA, do something more suited to its job than prolonged warfare abroad, we'll be ok.
    Last edited by -C-; 09-03-2011 at 04:31 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcNY View Post
    The problem is most people dont take the time to properly read his POV. They just see headlines and thats it.
    And their en lies why America is in a downward spiral! Too many lazy and ignorant people unwilling to take the time to know the truth and think critically. And in that vein personify the phrase "you get the government you deserve". And unfortunately they far out number those whom take the time and thus saddle use all with the trappings of their ignorance(in their voting). Furthermore, they embolden the smarmy politicians in Washington whom bank on that ignorance to keep them in power.

The ignorant perish while the strong survive.

I applaud Ron Paul for speaking the truth and he should by no means back down or dumb down because the ignorant are like sheep blindly marching towards the abyss.

I think the Iran quotes from the previous debate have hurt him far more than the FEMA quote. FEMA quotes are getting him lots of attention right now. A lot more people agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    The real reason for FEMA is to orchestrate the draconian police state crackdown and "continuity of government" contingencies for the elites. It's really $#@!ed up. As far as talking points go, I like that Ron keeps talking about how all of his constituents call in to complain about FEMA. I wish Ron would talk more about the unconstitutional gun grabs in New Orleans and depriving people of their property rights there.
    ^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    If he stays on point and has clear examples of how they have mismanaged our tax dollars and have kept help from getting to the people who needed it, he will win the day.

Don't worry. He's got the facts on his side. He just has to sell it in clear terms.
    qft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Are we going to say this kind of stuff every time he bucks the status quo? There is a reason we support this man...

I just always see these types of threads everytime he says something that might not fit the "mainstream". WE are trying to change things and these are the types of things people need to hear.

All federal agencies should be gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast