Thread: How NOT to debate the Christian voters

How NOT to debate the Christian voters

Ok, I'm about fed up *to here* with a few Ron Paul supporters on tea party pages on Facebook.

There are ways to convert people to Ron Paul WITHOUT taking the "There is no God and you are IGNORANT" approach.

Trying to convert a Christian to agnosticism or atheism is NOT going to magically convert people to Ron Paul.

Remember, you don't have to AGREE with these positions. You don't have to believe in God even. You just have to appeal to them - and bashing someone's GOD does NOT HELP RON PAUL!

Ways to convert Christians instead:
    *Think of all the things the Church could do if the feds would get out of the way. (FEMA is a good example)
    *The best way to dismantle abortion is to send it back to the states. It is NEVER going to be banned at the federal level, so settle for second best!
    *Same with gay marriage - a full out ban is never going to be enacted federally. Second best is leaving it to the states.
    *We can side with Israel without sending OUR troops into Iran.

I'm sure others can think of more. I just am getting tired of debating someone who is ON THE SAME TEAM because they are so thick headed as to believe that calling believers IGNORANT is going to win Ron Paul votes. And usually they're the ones with a Ron Paul profile pic or Guy Fawkes mask as well, so there is no doubt as to who their candidate is.
    Last edited by mosquitobite; 09-02-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have no idea because I don't have spybook.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Ok, I'm about fed up *to here* with a few Ron Paul supporters on tea party pages on Facebook.

There are ways to convert people to Ron Paul WITHOUT taking the "There is no God and you are IGNORANT" approach.
    There is seriously wrong with atheists who feel the need to push their agenda 24/7. Ok you don't believe in God - good for you. Why the need to mention it every $#@!ing second of the day and convert everyone else. Chill the f out.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

No offense but I am a Conservative Christian, and I support Ron Paul

Why, because his stance is both Constitutional and Biblical!

trying to tell an atheist anything is .... (insert joke)

Quote Originally Posted by CplKoontz View Post

Me and you both!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Trying to convert a Christian to agnosticism or atheism is NOT going to magically convert people to Ron Paul.

Remember, you don't have to AGREE with these positions. You don't have to believe in God even. You just have to appeal to them - and bashing someone's GOD does NOT HELP RON PAUL!

Ways to convert Christians instead:
    *Think of all the things the Church could do if the feds would get out of the way. (FEMA is a good example)
    *The best way to dismantle abortion is to send it back to the states. It is NEVER going to be banned at the federal level, so settle for second best!
    *Same with gay marriage - a full out ban is never going to be enacted federally. Second best is leaving it to the states.
    *We can side with Israel without sending OUR troops into Iran.

I'm sure others can think of more. I just am getting tired of debating someone who is ON THE SAME TEAM because they are so thick headed as to believe that calling believers IGNORANT is going to win Ron Paul votes. And usually they're the ones with a Ron Paul profile pic or Guy Fawkes mask as well, so there is no doubt as to who their candidate is.

Good points.

My question about atheist Ron Paul supporters is why don't they offer the same amount of venom to the masses of secular leftists out there? Why don't you convert the vast majority of secularists who are overwhelmingly leftist with the same fervor as you would Christians?

There seems to be an overlooking of the vast majority of leftists who are secular atheists, and a particular venom shown to Christians who are not quite with us yet.

The existence of God doesn't make sense.

The non-existence of God doesn't make sense.

There, I settled it

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trying to convert anyone by comparing their beliefs to fairy tales or telling them they're going to hell is the mark of a DOUCHEBAG, plain and simple, totally unable to respect others' beliefs.
    Last edited by RM918; 09-02-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CplKoontz View Post

As am I.

I just hate going to Perry threads and inevitably someone gets on the religion bashing bandwagon.

Use Matthew 6:5-8 on those threads. I don't care if you believe in the Bible or not. Many of his supporters do. Show them how he is JUST LIKE BUSH and break down how that is not going to solve our country's fiscal problems.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Good points.

My question about atheist Ron Paul supporters is why don't they offer the same amount of venom to the masses of secular leftists out there? Why don't you convert the vast majority of secularists who are overwhelmingly leftist with the same fervor as you would Christians?

There seems to be an overlooking of the vast majority of leftists who are secular atheists, and a particular venom shown to Christians who are not quite with us yet.
    I get frustrated with the religious right as well.

But these tools who think they are going to "cure" someone of their faith and therefore they'll stop supporting Perry and switch to Paul... well good grief.

Or maybe they're too small to think about how THEIR ACTIONS appear to a broader audience.

Never forget you are not just debating one or two people on a thread - possibly THOUSANDS are reading your words.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Yeah. It's definitely a bad idea to attack their religion and politics at the same time. Who wouldn't get defensive and shut out any argument in favor of RP?
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

I wouldn't quite say I'm an atheist but I agree with your point, I guess the only time I'll say anything at all about religion is if people are trying to say it should be used to enact law, that frightens me, I will not get into a fight with a religous person who does this but I certainly won't agree with that either.

I don't think it's real Ron Paul supporters.

I think the atheists around here gave the official trolls ideas, and they took the strategy off of here and onto fb and other places. Would be nice to expose them, but...

They aren't smart enough to think of this one. But they're sure able to pull it off after we think of it for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

That's true. Especially considering the fact that there is at least one atheist on youtube who hates Ron Paul.

See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...shing-Ron-Paul....
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I've had more of my Christians friends decide to support Ron Paul simply from his statement of Faith.
    While this does not directly apply to the exact title of the thread, I've also had many non-Christians, many who are extremely critical of Christianity, also decide to support Ron Paul as a result of reading his statement of Faith.

"My faith is a deeply private issue to me, and I don’t speak on it in great detail during my speeches because I want to avoid any appearance of exploiting it for political gain."
    This is by far the most endearing piece of his Statement of Faith, I share this as a Facebook status every few weeks - and have had many establishment GOP folks, non-Christians, Christian's, progressive, democrats, and many others agree, 'like' the status, or comment voicing their support, or that they're more interested in Ron Paul as a result of reading the above quote.

Ron Paul's integrity and honesty is what sticks out to a lot of people, and I think that his honesty does not end at his statement of Faith. That seems to me, the most effective tool in helping Christians to move towards endorsing Ron Paul.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.