Thread: MI's Scotty Boman Likely to Run Again in MI, for Senate -- AS A REPUBLICAN!

MI's Scotty Boman Likely to Run Again in MI, for Senate -- AS A REPUBLICAN!

Traditionally, Boman's run as LP candidate with the most success the MI LP's recently seen. Boman's been very involved with Ron Paul's campaign and if he runs this year, has said he'll be running as a GOP candidate for Senate, to replace Debbie Stabenow. Boman's been consistently and successfully fighting for Ron Paul and the LP in the area, with a very high amount of visibility accumulated. Boman endorsed Ron Paul's Four Point Pledge in '08.

Boman currently has a minor exploratory website up, including a press release for his recent win at a small C4L straw poll. http://torunornottorun.org/press-releases.htm

He's a libertarian constitutionalist who's been introducing and repeating fantastic ideas to the LP of MI to appeal to the conservative voter base. In a well-contested GOP/Dem SoS race in 2010, Boman received over 55k votes (nearly 2% total votes cast) under the LP banner. Worth knowing the LP's 2010 candidate for governor received less than half the amount of votes.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's pretty stiff competition in the race. Newcomer Clark Durant has the Anuzis endorsement, and Pete Hoekstra is a veteran politician.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's pretty stiff competition in the race. Newcomer Clark Durant has the Anuzis endorsement, and Pete Hoekstra is a veteran politician.
    Hoekstra has Snyder's endorsement, too. Good luck to Boman all the same, and glad to see him still very active.

LOL! Snyder's not all too popular in our local GOP. If Scotty works the TEA Partys hard, he might get some traction.

LOL! Snyder's not all too popular in our local GOP.
    Really? There were still signs out when I was in Southern MI a few days ago. My mom won't stop going on about him. From what I heard from biased sources, he's making relatively large strides toward balancing the state budget, cutting spending, and simplifying taxes. On the radio while driving, I was hearing about how he's taking a lot of heat by (allegedly) illegally denying state workers their scheduled 3% pay raise. What's he doing wrong?

Disclaimer, no relation to another person of certain Detroit fame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotty_Bowman

Hopefully he picks up votes based on his name alone. "Oh hey, Scotty Bowman is running? He was an awesome coach, I'll vote for him".

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Really? There were still signs out when I was in Southern MI a few days ago. My mom won't stop going on about him. From what I heard from biased sources, he's making relatively large strides toward balancing the state budget, cutting spending, and simplifying taxes. On the radio while driving, I was hearing about how he's taking a lot of heat by (allegedly) illegally denying state workers their scheduled 3% pay raise. What's he doing wrong?
    Yeah my friends father (Libral) is forcing his daughters to sign the Snyder recall petition. I said "Do not sign it unless you know why people want a recall and that you believe he should be recalled, before you sign it." These girls have absolutely no clue about politics.

This is the kind of problem we see all to often. Blind voters and people being told what they should do without knowing if it is what they want. Next time I am over there I am going to go all Ron Paul on his ass and try to convert him.

And LETS GO SCOTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (clap clap clapclapclap)
    Last edited by mmarshin; 09-01-2011 at 06:50 PM.

I don't hate him. He's not one of us, that's for sure, but he's better than Grahnolm. But Snyder raised taxes - "only" on pensions, mind you, but that was enough to piss off this county's GOP. And that damned bridge he's hell-bent on building isn't popular here, either.

When I say the GOP and TEA Party here are Ron Paul friendly, I mean it. They're not "us" but they don't reject us on principle, either.
    Last edited by angelatc; 09-01-2011 at 06:58 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Detroit View Post

Are you sure? I think Scotty is his son, but I don't know why I think that. Oops! You're right. I am glad you mentioned that!
    Last edited by angelatc; 09-01-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Are you sure? I think Scotty is his son, but I don't know why I think that.
    Nope, they're not related. Their names are even spelled differently (Libertarian "Boman" has no 'w' in his name).

It is worth noting that Rep. Amash has already endorsed Hoekstra.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Traditionally, Boman's run as LP candidate with the most success the MI LP's recently seen. Boman's been very involved with Ron Paul's campaign and if he runs this year, has said he'll be running as a GOP candidate for Senate, to replace Debbie Stabenow. Boman's been consistently and successfully fighting for Ron Paul and the LP in the area, with a very high amount of visibility accumulated. Boman endorsed Ron Paul's Four Point Pledge in '08.

Boman currently has a minor exploratory website up, including a press release for his recent win at a small C4L straw poll. http://torunornottorun.org/press-releases.htm

He's a libertarian constitutionalist who's been introducing and repeating fantastic ideas to the LP of MI to appeal to the conservative voter base. In a well-contested GOP/Dem SoS race in 2010, Boman received over 55k votes (nearly 2% total votes cast) under the LP banner. Worth knowing the LP's 2010 candidate for governor received less than half the amount of votes.
    This guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Detroit View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotty_Bowman

Hopefully he picks up votes based on his name alone. "Oh hey, Scotty Bowman is running? He was an awesome coach, I'll vote for him".
    LOL. You beat me to it AND with the same pic

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    It is worth noting that Rep. Amash has already endorsed Hoekstra.
    I believe DeMint has also.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

I saw an interview with a guy who said he believes Rand Paul is the best Senator in the Congress today. Unfortunately, he also liked John Bolton for president.

Hoeskstra is probably a shoo-in, but he was pro everything the TEA Party was against. It's a shame.

That was my take. I am still looking for any kind of improvement that the "R" Governor might bring. I haven't seen anything yet.
    But it would no doubt take some time, the UP is generally and universally ignored.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.