Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RealClearPaulitics.com - New website!! I can use your help.

"Crazy"

And here is another one.

MISTRUTH: Ron Paul has crazy ideas.

TRUTH: Ron Paul threatens the status quo. He wants to bring the troops home and return to Constitutionally-based government. His opponents call him names to try to silence his growing support.

Excerpt from The Revolution: A Manifesto, page x:

With national bankruptcy looming, politicians from both parties continue to make multitrillion-dollar promises of ‘free’ goods from the government, and hardly a soul wonders if we can still afford to have troops in – this is not a misprint – 130 countries around the world. All of this is going to come to an end sooner or later, because financial reality is going to make itself felt in very uncomfortable ways. But instead of thinking about what this means for how we conduct our foreign and domestic affairs, our chattering classes seem incapable of speaking in anything but the emptiest platitudes, when they can be bothered to address serious issues at all. Fundamental questions like this, and countless others besides, are off the table in our mainstream media, which focuses our attention on trivialities and phony debates as we march toward oblivion.

This is the deadening consensus that crosses party lines, that dominates our major media, and that is strangling the liberty and prosperity that were once the birthright of Americans. Dissenters who tell their fellow citizens what is really going on are subject to smear campaigns that, like clockwork, are aimed at the political heretic. Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

Buy The Revolution [link at http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Man...dp/0446537519]

Read Ron Paul on why the nanny state can’t last [link at http://paul.house.gov/index.php?opti...846&Itemid=69]

Watch Ron Paul explain his views to the editorial board of the Concord Monitor [link at http://www.concordmonitor.com/codesn...itorial-board]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Drugs

Here's one on drugs.

MISTRUTH: Ron Paul wants to legalize heroin and other drugs.

TRUTH: Ron Paul thinks states should deal with drugs.

Excerpt from The Revolution: A Manifesto, pages 131-32:

[T]he constitutional solution would get the federal government out of the picture and leave the issue to the states.

Regardless where one stands on the broader drug war, we should all be able to agree on the subject of medical marijuana. Here, the use of an otherwise prohibited substance has been found to relieve unbearable suffering in countless patients. How can we fail to support liberty and individual responsibility in such a clear-cut case?

The constitutional arguments in favor of allowing the federal government to prosecute medical marijuana users even in states in which ballot initiatives have made the practice legal are an insult to the American people. They are based on a complete misunderstanding of the Constitution’s commerce clause and what its scope was supposed to be.”

Buy The Revolution [link at http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Man...dp/0446537519]

Read Ron Paul’s reasons for ending the federal war on drugs [link at http://paul.house.gov/index.php?opti...671&Itemid=69]

Watch Ron Paul discussing why the federal government should leave drug regulation to the states [link at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpgWAAmVwDM]

First off, awesome idea.

My only comment: Find a stronger image of him for the photo at the top of the page. That image kinda makes him look like the nutty, old professor. There are plenty of much better images you can use. One that represents strength and the air of someone presidential. Image is a lot, unfortunately.

My two cents. Good work!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Time Magazine pic
    I am the spoon.

What can we do to help? This site really needs our attention. The misconceptions and attacks on Ron are stronger than ever! We need to educate and this is a great way!

I emailed Priest about his thread/site.

Hopefully he checks in soon.

Thank you for the encouragement, folks. I got discouraged for a bit because I didn't think this format would be able to capture the breadth and depth of Ron Paul. I see now that it has its place and could be a useful resource. I'm going to be adding more and doing a bit of categorizing, aiming for three per category (foreign policy, civil liberties, etc) so it all fits on one page but it broken up enough to make sense to a viewer's eyes.

Haven't been inactive though. I've been donating, got relatives to donate/support, and I've been working on a RP song with my SO... I know there are lots of songs out there but I hope to surprise people with a potential "hit" song.

Website updated with new, organized design. I'm resuming development!

I'll be adding more refutes in the coming days. Thank you Paul Fan, I see the ones you did and I will use your work.

If anyone wants to help, I'm planning to add the following:

Ron Paul would let America be attacked without retaliation (answer: declaration of war, letters of marque for bin laden)

Ron Paul is not a republican and is destroying the party (answer: RP true conservative, repubs lost their way)

Economists disagree with ron paul (answer: only the ones who have been wrong, look at schiff, jim rogers, etc who made the right calls)

Ron Paul wants to end education in this country by ending department of education (answer: dept of ed is the problem)

Ending the income tax would shut down the government (answer: govt gets lots of money from other places and with smaller budget it could be eliminated)

Ron Paul is unelectable (answer: been elected 11 times, support growing, 100,000 donors, etc)

Thanks for the encouragement! Onward!
    Last edited by PRIEST; 10-07-2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: added link

In addition to all the information you can check at Paul's campaign and congressional website, this one below has a lot of information on all the candidates (for contrast).

On the Issues
    h xxp://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

I like your website.

Can you get in trouble for the title page? (RealClear.-this part-Paulitics)? When I hear Real Clear, I think of _itt _omney.
    Last edited by Carole; 10-07-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    do one about how abortion is irrelevant and people should stop putting all their stock in it
    Referring to any issue, especially such a personal and volatile issue, as irrelevant will antagonize people, regardless of the merit of your view. This could chase away support rather than persuade support.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

cant please everyone, but i preferred your very first original format and pull down more than this current one. just me and my minimalist tendencies

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd put on the ''unelectable" part that he is one of 2 who can beat Obama according to polls. (only conservative). Also, add something about letting uninsured suffer.
    Lymeade Lady

Hey, Lymes isn't all bad...otherwise I would never have discovered natural health or RP!

lymeadehealth.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lymeade-Lady View Post
    I'd put on the ''unelectable" part that he is one of 2 who can beat Obama according to polls. (only conservative). Also, add something about letting uninsured suffer.
    great idea! that harris poll kicks ass haha

Bump... with the upswing of new visitors and soft Paul supporters taking a looksee this site is most important...

By the name of the site, I thought you were going to do a play on realclearpolitics polling. Maybe at the top you could add the rolling averages of the polling in Iowa and NH to show how awesome Ron is doing there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123