Thread: Some Perspective, PLEASE!

Some Perspective, PLEASE!

Honestly, the vibes around here have sucked the last two days. What a bunch of negative nancy rainmakers throwing tantrums in every other thread! Can we please remember one thing?

Four years and four months ago, Ronald Ernest Paul, M.D., was barely polling at 1% nationally.

Now? He's got 85% name recognition nationally, is polling in a dead heat consistently with the sitting President, and is third nationally in the polls. Even the people that hate everything about Ron Paul do not deny that he is arguably the most consistent politician that has ever lived. The chances of Ron Paul becoming the 45th President of the United States have never been higher. No one has converted as many democrats and neo-conservatives to the principles of liberty in decades as he has, and we're still six frigging months away from the Iowa Caucuses!!!

Every day, more people become Ron Paul supporters, and do you think those people lurking on this forum for the first time will feel optimistic after their first look is some folks throwing tantrums on every other thread, pissing and moaning about Dick Morris and Bill O'Reilly and Jesse Benton hurting Adam Kokesh's feelings ?!?! Come on! Ron Paul can win and Ron Paul will win. We are so close to the tipping point that it would seriously be such a crying shame if the base imploded due to petty bickering. Let's gOOOOOOO!!!!!! We can win this!!!!
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm more optimistic than ever. These forums don't represent the majority of Paul supporters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflation View Post
    Doctor Paul has cracked the internet codes; he runs these tubes.

We're polling slightly above John McCain at this time in 2007.
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

Tantrums are moved out of view of guests. Please continue reporting offending posts.

I think the debate, straw poll, Jon Stewart moment, and moneybomb have been very advantageous.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFever View Post
    I'm more optimistic than ever. These forums don't represent the majority of Paul supporters.
    I think some of us diehards want this so bad that it's literally a life-or-death matter (we're not far off, honestly) but we have to keep perspective and look at the overall trend going on. Ron keeps adding support incrementally whereas everyone else shoots straight up then comes shooting straight down again. First Cain, then Bachmann, then Perry. Then Palin and whoever else they throw at Paul.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Remember, also, that he was polling about 3% in Iowa and ended up with 10% of the vote in the actual Caucus.
    "One thing at a time, is my motto - and just play that thing for all it is worth, even if it's only two pair and a jack."
    Mark Twain

# of "undesireables" exterminated by Nazi Germany: 11,000,000. / # of Soviet citizens purged by Stalin: 40-60,000,000. / # of Chinese killed in Mao Tse-Dong's Revolutions: 70-80,000,000. / Living in Freedom: Priceless.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When people stop kissing the media's feet, they will want the attention concerning Paul, not the other way around. It has seemed to work with Bill O'Reilly.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I've been more pumped up than ever. The recent polling numbers are simply amazing (forgetting that PPP poll).

I just cant wait to see the next debate, the next poll, the next ad, the next endorsement. It's exciting.

People just need to take a step back and look at everything good that has happened in the last couple of weeks. We are picking up momentum. Ron Paul is a frontrunner.

I am one of the few who actually discovered Ron Paul by reading the voting records : ) I am glad I am not alone.It is amazing how quickly people have been waking up since 2007 campaign to now all across america. Even outside the campaign people are awakening to the Federal Reserve.
    Last edited by CaptainAmerica; 08-24-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KramerDSP View Post
    Honestly, the vibes around here have sucked the last two days. What a bunch of negative nancy rainmakers throwing tantrums in every other thread! Can we please remember one thing?

Four years and four months ago, Ronald Ernest Paul, M.D., was barely polling at 1% nationally.

Now? He's got 85% name recognition nationally, is polling in a dead heat consistently with the sitting President, and is third nationally in the polls. Even the people that hate everything about Ron Paul do not deny that he is arguably the most consistent politician that has ever lived. The chances of Ron Paul becoming the 45th President of the United States have never been higher. No one has converted as many democrats and neo-conservatives to the principles of liberty in decades as he has, and we're still six frigging months away from the Iowa Caucuses!!!

Every day, more people become Ron Paul supporters, and do you think those people lurking on this forum for the first time will feel optimistic after their first look is some folks throwing tantrums on every other thread, pissing and moaning about Dick Morris and Bill O'Reilly and Jesse Benton hurting Adam Kokesh's feelings ?!?! Come on! Ron Paul can win and Ron Paul will win. We are so close to the tipping point that it would seriously be such a crying shame if the base imploded due to petty bickering. Let's gOOOOOOO!!!!!! We can win this!!!!
    I get dibs on next rant if they don't stfu. What a bunch of frakkin'*pantywaist whiners. I thought liberty was for rugged individualists.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Rev9 --- Avalon said the gagop.org fish fry has been getting a "TON" of people doing an
    online preregister! events are on the march let alone our grassroots as the 27th looms!!!

When I saw Ron Paul's name on the NBC Nightly News in third place today, my jaw dropped and I realized that this isn't 2007. They aren't supposed to mention his name but he is getting so mainstream now that at times they actually have to.

A bad poll came out the other day that I think had some of us down, but this more than made up for it for me. Just seeing his picture above Bachmann's was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    I get dibs on next rant if they don't stfu. What a bunch of frakkin'*pantywaist whiners. I thought liberty was for rugged individualists.

Rev9
    Haha! Love it. Some of these kids need tough love for sure. +rep

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There was an operating rule around the 2004 Bush/Cheney campaign:

Optimism is mandatory.

Like them or (almost certainly) not, you have to admit they won. And mandatory optimism went a long way, I am sure.

We're on an upward trajectory, the money is there (and more will be there), and Ron is clearly on his game. Things look pretty good to me.
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Rev9
    the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt23g View Post
    There was an operating rule around the 2004 Bush/Cheney campaign:

Optimism is mandatory.

Like them or (almost certainly) not, you have to admit they won. And mandatory optimism went a long way, I am sure.

We're on an upward trajectory, the money is there (and more will be there), and Ron is clearly on his game. Things look pretty good to me.
    Mandatory optimism. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by KramerDSP View Post

+ rep

I thought liberty was for rugged individualists.
    haHA!

Excellent OP!!!

This is the biggest political fight of our lifetimes. This is NOT going to be a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination! And neither is this a battle, but a war of ideas, and as such, there will be moments of sweet victories peppered with moments of bitter defeats. This should not discourage us one bit! This should make us stronger!

This liberty movement to restore those precepts and the trees of liberty which once made this nation the greatest in the world has to rekindle the dormant roots of liberty buried beneath the dampened weeds of neglect and apathy and complacency. These same weeds which have stifled liberty with the watering of counterfeit money, an out of control military industrial complex and political expediency surround us and often times seem to be insurmountable. But do not despair!! For the roots of liberty are still there, inside the heart of every freedom loving person, waiting for someone or someones to water them and nurture them with the ideas which once made this country the light on the hill to all nations. And every storm that has assailed these trees of liberty with treacherous and fearsome winds only served to have these roots grow stronger and deeper, awaiting for the light of truth to reach them through the weeds of complacency and nourish them with rays of justice and goodness and life!

The weeds of complacency are withering every day no matter how hard the corporatists and bankers try to fertilize them with their dung of lies and deception. With every passing quarter of economic uncertainty and the ever growing awareness of the injustice upon our God given rights and freedoms, their leaves are drying up and beginning to sag over. And buried beneath them, the roots of the trees of liberty have sprouted everywhere, even though their abundant numbers may not yet be easily seen.

Have faith, my friends, have trust! For as these weeds wither, the light of awareness will shine down upon the sprouts of liberty, unobstructed and with the full measure of truth. Then, we will once again see amongst the fields of this great and God blessed nation those towering trees of liberty which layed dormant underground for far too long.

The battles are many, the war is one, and when fought with truth and perseverance, the war will be WON.
    Last edited by TER; 08-24-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Let's keep our eyes on the prize -- putting Ron Paul in the White House and saving the nation and the economy and ending the wars and restoring Constitutional government.

Americans want to be free, too.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFever View Post
    Rep. Pretty much said what I wanted to say so I'll just quote it.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.