Thread: Where is the Ticker?!?

Where is the Ticker?!?

Why does the campaign keep seeing fit to remove the donation ticker off the web site? What if we suddenly decided to do a spontaneous money-bomb today, what then? Would they figure out what was happening in time to put it up again? How long would it take? 2 hours? 6?

What if I was going to donate on a day like today when there's no money-bomb, but go to the site and can't find a ticker? Will I donate anyway? Maybe, but the fact is that the ticker is an additional incentive. It's fun to see your name come up and your small bit kick the total up $20 or whatever. In 2007-2008, the ticker was always up.

What do you all think? Is this something the campaign needs to change?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still up on the donate page. Just cracked $1.8 mil

https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

I'd love to see the ticker as a permanent feature and resetting to zero every night. That would allow any group of people the opportunity to do a "flash bomb" and flex their political fundraising muscles any time they liked.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post

Oh, good! OK, false alarm. As long as they keep it on the donate page, that's perfect!

Thumbs up Fundraising Clock

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post

It's now been removed from the Donate page. :/

But I do agree the ticker should be a permanent feature. I had a big money donor ask me, "How much has Ron Paul's campaign raised so far?" If he thought the campaign was viable, he'd donate a lot; and so he wanted to know the total fundraising, so he could properly assess the viability of the Ron Paul campaign. So yes, I think the ticker should be a permanent feature (like the opposite of a debt clock) with daily totals, quarterly totals, and overall totals.
    Last edited by Article V; 08-22-2011 at 12:39 PM.

I agree; I think there should be a ticker on total money raised in the quarter.

They did that in 2007 for the last quarter, and it was nice to see how things were stacking up.

It's still up on my site at http://RP12.com The data seems to still be updating, but that may stop at any time.

edit: Yup, still updating, just saw a donation hit.

eb
    Been a long time....

I would like to see multiple tickers, like on the debtclock http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Maybe tickers for running totals this 2012campaign, total for the quarter, total for the particular moneybomb, daily totals, donations per state, donations from military personnel, etc.

Submitted to suggestions
    Last edited by Bruno; 08-22-2011 at 01:01 PM.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It makes no sense to tell the rival campaigns how much money we are raising.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Shadow View Post
    Can you explain why you state this. I am curious.

Best Regards
    Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Encourage the RonPaulGraphs.com guy to get active again!

What overpaid political consultant told the Ron Paul campaign that? They will tell their fundraising numbers to all the rival campaigns no later than October 15 regardless.

I disagree. I think it demoralizes them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflation View Post
    Doctor Paul has cracked the internet codes; he runs these tubes.

The ticker doesn't show all the money anyway. It just shows what comes in over the website.

Still raising money!

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    The ticker doesn't show all the money anyway. It just shows what comes in over the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    Can you explain why you state this. I am curious.

Best Regards
    Rev9
    If the other campaigns know how much we are taking in, or are able to guesstimate that, then they are in a position of being able to know what our capabilities are.

The CIA and DARPA / black ops / Skunk Works like to keep their budgets a secret because foreign governments can figure out what they are up to by looking at how much $ they are allocated.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFever View Post
    I disagree. I think it demoralizes them.
    Most supporters don't look at the ticker unless they are driven there by a Money Bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    What overpaid political consultant told the Ron Paul campaign that? They will tell their fundraising numbers to all the rival campaigns no later than October 15 regardless.
    Yeah, but why reveal their secrets before they have to.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now that they have an API for the ticker, can any of you geniuses create a widget?