92. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YEAH!

18 19.57%
  • No, sorry...but good luck!

74 80.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Strasbourg Tea Party

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    How can I link the pic into this post???
    Fabio,

Nice to see you on this forum, I clicked the link you gave on the http://europe4ronpaul.blogspot.com/ and of course, it led me here.

I have started a thread on Liberty Forum, promoting The Strasbourg Tea Party and used the picture for that purpose. I could not get it to work either so I downloaded it to my server. To use it just click on it - select properties and copy - then place it here on this forum.

The link to my thread on Liberty Forum is http://www.libertyforum.org/showflat...#Post295868363

Good luck.

Kind regards,
    Aletsch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Spreading the Word

A few of us here in Bratislava today got together and went out there on the internet looking for Ron Paul supporters out there to tell them about the Strasbourg Tea Party.

It was a productive session.

We've also looked around the internet for a meeting space at NGOs and conference centers. Ideally, we would find someone to let us use a meeting room free of charge.

Anyone out there who can't come, but would still like to support the event is welcome to join us in spreading the word to those in Europe that you know who may take interest in the event. Also, the issue of a specific venue for our Saturday activities at the event, while I am not worried about it, is still up in the air. I would like to welcome anyone out there with a few spare hours to lend a hand in this one. Your current location would be unimportant, since you would be on the internet, and your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Allan

Americans In Europe for Ron Paul

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump.

Guys, only one month left.

Here is a new video announcement:

The Strasbourg Tea Party - Europe for Ron Paul
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=07TVBLFroSM

I just saw one of my friends on myspace post a bulletin that had a video about the Strausburg Tea Party and I am floored by the support Paul has in Europe. Its amazing!

I hope and pray you guys can get a good protest going for the 16th. I wish there was more I could do to help but I have to do my part here too!

It would just be unbelievably astounding if we have rallies and a massive donation here AND a protest in Europe!

Be sure to youtube it so us yanks can watch it

Traveling is ATM not really an option for me so I cant make it alas. But maybe there's some other way I can help? Besides spreading the word, which I'll be doing where I can.

BTW, do you have any sort of program in mind? Will there be a speaker? Maybe music?

It would be great if someone would do a speech or something. Perhaps a politician with similar views?

A politician with similar views in Europe?
    Tell me if you find one :-)

Point taken

But is there some sort of program planned?

Not in the EU, but in Europe nonetheless.
    The SVP (Swiss Peoples' Party), is currently the strongest party in the Swiss government - and giving the EUschewicks a permanent fit). Either the party head Uli Maurer, and/or the black sheep himself Christoph Blocher. Those two, and the party platform, do hold very similar views: Individual before states' rights, non-intervention, armed neutrality, free markets, adherence to constitution (theirs) etc. While Christoph Blocher - as member of the ruling council, or whatever it is called, may not be able to engage - their supporters could or should be fertile grounds to promote your event to.

They just prevailed in elections against a concerted EU-SwissElite-TIC (The International Community) smear campaign - or maybe because of it ;-)

Blocher is similar to Ron Paul in another way (different personality, though).
    In the 80s, there was a referendum to join the EU. The 'elites' in the EU, Switzerland, London and NewYork thought it was in the bag. That's when Blocher came out of nowhere, talking about freedom, the individual, independence, heritage (stuff like William Tell), and promptly generated enough energy to soundly defeat the carefully, but arrogantly laid trap.

More similarities than differences - the Swiss Meet-up should know more, and get going...

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good luck to you folks...I will be there in spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Proemio View Post
    Not in the EU, but in Europe nonetheless.
    The SVP (Swiss Peoples' Party),

[snip]

More similarities than differences - the Swiss Meet-up should know more, and get going...
    In The Netherlands we had Pim Fortuyn (2001/2002) In many ways rather similar as the RP Revolution. They did a pretty good smear job on him so most you'll now read about him is that he was some sort of racist. He was not, he was anti-establishment. And so the entire establishment declared war on him. They did everything to stop the movement that was growing, even kicked him out of the party. He was no Ron Paul but there are plenty of similarities. Towards the end there was no doubt he would win the elections by a landslide. Nine days before the elections they shot him...

I wish I could be there, I wish I could be anywhere but here actually. Mexico is sounding good, I hear my dollar is still pretty strong there......
    http://freeme.tv get the latest in videos for Ron Paul around the net.

Also check out the Ron Paul Newsroom

Grassroots supporter and blogger, check it out!! http://www.politicallore.com/

"Dont tax me. Bro!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Delain View Post
    Point taken

But is there some sort of program planned?
    We want to meet already on Saturday the 15th. Planning is done via this Google-Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/europeans4ronpaul

We need more commited individuals! Everyone attending is welcome!

Awesome, I hope you guys have a lot of people out there. That would be so cool to watch on the news here in America! Good luck and THANKS!

In The Netherlands we had Pim Fortuyn (2001/2002) In many ways rather similar as the RP Revolution. They did a pretty good smear job on him so most you'll now read about him is that he was some sort of racist. He was not, he was anti-establishment. And so the entire establishment declared war on him. They did everything to stop the movement that was growing, even kicked him out of the party. He was no Ron Paul but there are plenty of similarities. Towards the end there was no doubt he would win the elections by a landslide. Nine days before the elections they shot him...
    I miss Pim Fortuyn. I can't believe that happened. That was so freaking ridiculous.

EDIT: Is the LPF still alive? Are they in control at all?
    Last edited by TechnoGuyRob; 11-22-2007 at 11:41 AM.
    Convince Democrats: www.RonPaulIsPeace.com | Convince Everyone: www.RonPaulIsHope.com

would have love to come. I'm surprised Strasbourg is so difficult and costly to travel to. I would have suggested a city to which budget airlines travel. Hope its a huge success.

Thank you! I feel deeply motivated by the comments to the video http://youtube.com/watch?v=07TVBLFroSM
    It has moved dozens of Americans to tears that people all over the world understand what this is all about.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who did the dupes say did it and who did the internet say shot him.

Quote Originally Posted by rrcamp View Post
    Looks like the train/airfare are too expensive for me. If you ever have one in Bratislava/Vienna/Prague, let me know though.
    Start one there. There is no need to await someone else to. We succeed here because we just do it.. Well most of the time..heh.

Best
    Randy

Good point!

Just start local Tea Parties. Who cares if you`re only a few.
    We did a small rally on July 4th in Munich this year. "Only" about 15 people attended. But who cares?
    I`d do the right thing even if I was completely alone.

So: Just do a Bratislava/Vienna/Prague Tea Party!

Help w Strasbourg Tea Party-Join a Committee

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is the list of everything that we currently need to do, from my perspective, to plan for the Strasbourg Tea Party. Please contact me at allanstevo@yahoo.com to further add to this list. I will repost it in two days with any changes that need to be made. I ask that the members of the group take some time to read through this to post here as many of the “committees” they can take part in.

STRASBOURG TEA PARTY – INTEREST INVENTORY

1. Where do you live?
    2. What languages do you speak, and how well?
    3. What kinds of talents do you have that you can use for this
    movement? (for example: web design, poster making, translating, writing article, writing press releases, taking pictures, organizing people, editing video, giving speeches, etc.)
    4. Are you already affiliated with any Ron Paul meetupgroups or
    blogs? If so, which ones?
    5. do you have any contacts in or near Strasbourg?
    6. Have you ever been to Strasbourg?

If you are interested in assisting in the planning of the Strasbourg tea party, but don’t know what role you can play, please answer the following questions and send them to me at allanstevo@yahoo.com It will help me get a sense of what your interests are and where you can use those interests for planning the Strasbourg Tea Party.

--------------

STRASBOURG TEA PARTY – SATURDAY ACTIVITIES

To anyone with the time between now and tomorrow night (Wednesday)– I would like you to spend 30 minutes-1 hour doing the following: Name and describe as concretely as possible, 3 activities that would fall under our goal of: networking, organizing, and getting to know each other.

The purpose of this request is to brainstorm ideas for how we can most wisely use our time on Saturday at the Strasbourg Tea Party.

At our last meeting we discussed the following ideas. I would still like to add more to the list of brainstormed topics.

- Welcome reports
    - reports from areas and meetup groups and what each group would like to see happen - - - with the movement.
    - Workshoping the idea of how to build a network
    - A speech on the decentralized organizing skills of Ron Paul supporters.
    - “Why have you come to Ron Paul statements.”

For this, I would like to recommend that you look at the websites of other political associations and what they do during their gatherings, or by googling “networking activities” or something like that.

----------------------------

STRASBOURG TEA PARTY – ACTIVITIES OUTSIDE OF THE MEETING

Someone must make contact with a tourist information bureau in Strasbourg
    - get a list of affordable and centrally located places
    - Find a place for 30-50 people to meet on December 16
    - Find a few good coffee shops with the right atmosphere for a
    meeting like this and the right size.
    - Find a few good pubs for the right atmosphere for this
    - Find the most famous restaraunt in Strasbourg that offers
    traditional meals.
    - Find the local student hangout with traditional
    meals at an affordable price, or any meals at an affordable price.

----------------------------------
    STRASBOURG TEA PARTY – SUNDAY ACTIVITIES

I propose that Sunday morning people be welcome to do as they please until about 11 am or noon. Anyone interested can be part of some sort of activity on the street informing people in Strasbourg about Ron Paul. This might be hard without French or German speakers, so maybe this will be necessary. At about 11 am, I propose that we follow Fabio’s dream for how our meeting in front of the European Parliament will look and then proceed to a late lunch at perhaps 1 or 2 pm (could be at the hostel for simplicity) and we could then say goodbye after lunch.

---------------------------------
    STRASBOURG TEA PARTY – CONTACTING THE LOCALS

Someone must make contact with a few professors at local universities
    and to tell them about the Strasbourg Tea party - legal, economic, political science professors may all take a special interest in the movment.

I proposed that this be done through chat sites dealing with Strasbourg, making contact with local tourist bureaus dealing with Strasbourg, there are many Universities in Strasbourg, they should be helpful contacts. Lawyers doing business in Strasbourg may take an interest in this. Some members of European Parliament may take an interest in this.

Someone must find members of the EU parliament with viewpoints similar
    to those of Ron Paul - it might be good for them to join us. Please
    welcome them to speak at our event.

1. - find the names of the MEP's
    2. - invite them to our meeting
    3. – follow up

Someone must find libertarian organizations in France, Germany, Switzerland
    who would be interested in joining us.

--------------------------------

STRASBOURG TEA PARTY – COSTS

Costs – round trip gas from Vienna to Strasbourg = 120-150 Euro.
    Meals in Strasbourg will likely run 10-20 Euro/meal – Friday dinner, Saturday lunch and dinner, Sunday lunch (food total = 40-80 Euro)
    Breakfast is included in our hostel stay.
    Public transportation will cost about 10-15 Euro for the weekend.

With that, a nice weekend of networking and political discussion and activity as well as time to visit one of Europe’s beautiful cities in this historically significant region could cost as little as 100 Euro, all inclusive. People coming from even closer will end up paying even less.

I must say that this is a pleasant surprise to me, as I was worried that it would cost much more.

------------------------------

STRASBOURG TEA PARTY - ONLINE MAP and SCHEDULING
    It would be helpful for someone to be willing to edit a few maps or draw a fews maps for the Tea Party that we would then display online. The same person would also be responsible for maintaining our schedule of events online.

- housing
    - locations in Strasbourg that we will meet
    - schedule
    - this must be maintained on a website

-------------------------------

STRASBOURG TEA PARTY – PRESS RELEASE COMMITTEE

- this is a big project and I would like someone to organize this so that I can take it off of my hands entirely.

I will have Ben (founder of Americans in Europe for Ron Paul) or Nick (member of Americans in Europe for Ron Paul) write an English language press release, then I will distribute it to the committee. I need people from each participating country who will translate it, adjust it in whatever way you would like (or you can write an entirely new one if you’d prefer), and then send it to media contacts.

The person who takes on this responsibility will have to
    1. Form a committee composed of people from each country where there are Ron Paul meetup groups or blogs.
    2. Help them make media contact databases composed of general media contacts, and media contacts that are more personal (ie. reporters they know, or reporters they read and that they think would like Ron Paul, or reporters who like Ron Paul)
    3. Write press releases and distribute them through the committee
    4. Have press releases sent to you and distribute them through the committee

I think this is the most complex job on this list, and the person who chooses to do this job, and does so successfully, will surely become an important media contact for the entire European Ron Paul movement as this movement progresses. If you’re interested, contact me here or at allanstevo@yahoo.com.

---------------------------------

PRESS RELEASE COMMITTEE – SLOVAK, GERMAN, ENGLISH, CZECH
    - assemble a listing of newspapers, television stations, radio stations, magazines etc. in your area (and in the region and world) who might take an interest in Ron Paul.
    - assemble a listing of internet sites and blogs that might take an interest in Ron Paul and in our work as a group.
    Goals - #1 – introduce our group
    #2 – introduce the Strasbourg Tea Party
    #3 – get media coverage of the Strasbourg Tea Party
    #4 – establish a list of contacts in the media who do not feel spammed when they hear from us, but rather, take a genuine interest in the work that we are doing and in the ideas of Ron Paul.

For this committee we need two-three people to gather a listing of blogs and internet sites – and who will constantly look for more additions to that list and will

We need a person for Slovak press releases who speaks Slovak and English, a person for Czech press releases who speaks Czech and English, a person for English press releases who speaks English and will write the press releases, a person for German press releases who speaks

For this committee, I would like to recommend Nick for the English, Johannes for German, Jakub for Czech. Who would like to take the roll of Slovak press release translator and media contact person?

Jakub – I would like you to make contact with Prague for Ron Paul and to let them know what you are doing and ask if they have any Czech media contacts that they can share with you.

------------------------------------------------

PERSONAL CONTACT WITH OTHER GROUPS

Four people will start to monitor different regions in Europe:

1. British Isles, Nordic countries and the former Eastern Bloc.
    2. France, Spain, Switzerland, Portugal
    3. Germany, Italy, Belgium, Holland – because of the interesting population of the city, helping Kaiserslautern in any way should be one focus
    4. Monitor Blogs connected to other countries that do not have
    meetup groups.

One person on this committee must also start a database file and keep a master list of these contacts, sending them to others who want them, and backing them up regularly.

Please join their groups and introduce yourself with a picture of
    some sort, or at least with a image even if it is not you. Twice/week
    for thirty minutes please read some of the content on their
    sites and make contact
    with them. The primary goal of this project is to network.
    The secondary goal
    is to convince them to go to the Strasbourg Tea Party. Every
    Wednesday I would like you to either - send me a shout out
    about how this is going - or - come to Next Apache and make a brief statement
    about how it is going. It will be especially important to
    make regular contact with the organizers of the group.

These are the contact lists for the meetup groups. By sending
    information to this address, you send information to everyone
    in the group. Please do not use this information lightly. We must update this list, as the work is not yet finished, and new groups are constantly being formed.

Complete this list:
    Helsinki - ronpaul-920@meetup.com
    Edinburgh - ronpaul-82@meetup.com - Michael Clouser
    Prague - ronpaul-999@meetup.com - Sinclair Nicholas
    Portugal - ronpaul-943@meetup.com - Carlos Novais
    Madrid - ronpaul-943@meetup.com - felix
    Barcelona - ronpaul-1199@meetup.com - greg
    Geneva - ronpaul-1139@meetup.comn - Peter Jarowski
    London - ronpaul-362@meetup.com - Paige
    Swiss - ronpaul-892@meetup.com - Charles Seligman
    Zurich - ronpaul-800@meetup.com - Peter Jarowski (looks active)
    Verona - ronpaul-686@meetup.com - Federico Pistono
    Munich - ronpaul-719@meetup.com - Fabio Bossi
    Jimmy Page - ronpaul-814@meetup.com - Kaiserslautern
    Olivier - ronpaul-1061@meetup.com - Paris
    Berlin - ronpaul-440@meetup.com - Paul Thams
    Hamburg - ronpaul-1272@meetup.com - Kristof
    Amsterdam - ronpaul-945@meetup.com - Jonathan
    Ireland - ronpaul-515@meetup.com - Micheal Pleamoinn

This list can be completed by going to our meetup group, clicking at the top
    of the page on “meetup groups everywhere for Ron Paul,” and following the link for the map.

---------------------

STRASBOURG TEA PARTY – VIDEOS

At the Strasbourg Tea Party we will need
    1. Digital Cameras
    2. Digital Videos Cameras
    3. Laptops with the ability to burn DVDs or CDs
    4. CDs or DVDs

The Strasbourg Tea Party is the first of our many statements to the world as Ron Paul supporters in Europe.

My goal in asking for the above is that lots of people will be able to record what they see happening in their time in Strasbourg. Before leaving, we will put all of those raw images onto disks for anyone who wants them. Hopefully, those raw images will filter out to the many people in this movement with video editing interests and skills and will make its way onto the internet in the form of many edited videos or other images.

Shortly after the Strasbourg Tea Party, I will go to the US to personally visit groups to make sure that no Ron Paul supporter in places like Chicago, Indiana, Wisconsin, Washington DC, Nevada, and Los Angeles can miss what we are doing here in Europe. For that to be successful, I will need good audio visual material with me. That is where the edited Strasbourg Tea Party videos, and others will be important.

---------------------------------------

STRASBOURG TEA PARTY – T-SHIRTS?

Shall we have a Strasbourg Tea Party T-Shirt? I would only trust the words of one man on this one – and that is Fabio. Fabio, what do you think? How should it look? Would you care to take care of that business, or do you know someone who might be willing to? Maybe for a group of our size it would be impractical, so if not Strasbourg Tea Party shirts, maybe we can atleast buy some shirts from the campaign?
    -------------------------------------------
    STRASBOURG TEA PARTY CONTACTS IN STRASBOURG
    Many websites are in French. I do not speak French. I need help finding people in Strasbourg at Universities. If you speak French well enough to navigate a website, please let me know at – allanstevo@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Allan

Vranovska 2
    851 02 Bratislava
    Slovakia
    +421 908 20 80 97

Quote Originally Posted by AStevo View Post
    Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is the list of everything that we currently need to do, from my perspective, to plan for the Strasbourg Tea Party. Please contact me at allanstevo@yahoo.com to further add to this list. I will repost it in two days with any changes that need to be made. I ask that the members of the group take some time to read through this to post here as many of the “committees” they can take part in.

-------------------------------------------
    STRASBOURG TEA PARTY CONTACTS IN STRASBOURG
    Many websites are in French. I do not speak French. I need help finding people in Strasbourg at Universities. If you speak French well enough to navigate a website, please let me know at – allanstevo@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Allan

Vranovska 2
    851 02 Bratislava
    Slovakia
    +421 908 20 80 97
    WOW thanks for all that work!! Keep it coming, WE NEED A FREE WORLD!!

ronpaulblimp.com...donate

I suggest Allan for a Congressional Medal of Honour. President Paul will have a big smile when he says "No" to this one :-)

nice of you to say

thank you Fabio - that "No" would bring a smile to my face too.
    Thank you Man from la mancha.
    The group here in Bratislava will be talking these ideas over further tonight and then the group in Vienna will do the same tomorrow, to see where each can pitch in. - Allan

Americans In Europe for Ron Paul

Rock on Europe! Your efforts and the amount of overseas support for RP impresses those in the US who are just hearing about him.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Please give 3 hours of your time to Help RP Supporters in Europe

Hi, my name is Allan, I'm from Blue Island, IL, but based in Bratislava, Slovakia presently. I have been a member of this forum group for some time and look forward to meeting with some of you folks when I'm back in Chicago for the lead up to Feb 5. It's been a pleasure to watch your activity via the meetup site. For the next three weeks I will be here in Europe organizing for Ron Paul.

There is an impressive movement of Europeans and Americans who have all flocked to RonPaul's message in a way that we could not have expected to have had happen 5 months ago when we started our group. We are now planning our first Europe-wide gathering right now, and just yesterday for example, a man from Salzburg, Austria, out of nowhere, wrote me and said "I'm renting a bus for 20 passengers, ten of us are coming and we will all have video equipment to capture the Ron Paul event, we will look for ten more passengers to pick up along the way." I am passing this request along to you because we have limited human capital in the group here in Bratislava from where we are organizing this event, and a few hours of your time, if you have it, would be a tremendous help.

Please give Ron Paul supporters in Europe 3 hours of your time online

As we prepare for the Strasbourg Tea Party we have realized that we have enough manpower to cover the basics of the event, but not enough to get the media exposure that we are looking for. The goal of our media exposure, above all, is to let Ron Paul supporters throughout Europe know that we exist. There are hundreds on meetup sites right now, but we know that there are many thousands more out there wondering when the movement will begin. Well, it's begun.

This is the most important thing that I need that anyone can do from anywhere, but we do not have enough time for to tend to on the ground right now. Could someone please help us by finding specific reporters from anywhere in Europe (Atlantic to the Urals) with an appreciation for Ron Paul, or atleast some familiarity with him? This would be a very helpful thing for us if such a list could be done by 6 AM GMT, Monday, December 3. I think it would take a group of 6 people about 3 hours to scour the internet and come up with some great contacts. English language sources are good enough. Please email me at allanstevo@yahoo.com with the names, electronic contact info, names of the publication, and why you think that person would take an interest in Ron Paul. All the basics of the event are now under control, and we are so far expecting 50 people to come from places as distant as Croatia and Ireland, but your help can get us the type of media exposure that will make the event a spectacular success. Thank you.
    - Allan
    Americans In Europe for Ron Paul.

P.S. More information on the Strasbourg Tea Party can be found at the following sites:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCUEGTiHX4Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07TVBLFroSM
    http://europe4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2...-party-ii.html

Have you contacted the media to cover the Strasbourg Tea Party? If it's on CNN they may report it here on the news in the U.S. That would be hugh for Ron Paul.

I informed a journalist from N-TV, the german CNN. Can`t promize anything, but at least she knows about it.
    By the way: the german newspaper "Die Welt" brought a $#@!ty article calling RP a "joke". They get innundated with pro-Paul comments!!!

He catching on...in Europe as well!

Wow… I completely missed this. Is there a dedicated website for The Strasbourg Tea Party?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast