92. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YEAH!

18 19.57%
  • No, sorry...but good luck!

74 80.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Strasbourg Tea Party

Cool The Strasbourg Tea Party

I`ll be there. Let`s make this grow, let`s make this happen.
    Let`s show them the power of grassroots, of nonviolent protest.

Cheerio

Fabio

PS:

How can I link the pic into this post???
    http://europe4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2...tea-party.html
    Last edited by Fabio; 11-03-2007 at 03:45 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'll Commit to Strasbourg Tea Party

Fabio,
    This really sounds like a great idea. It's a tough time of year for me, since I will have a book coming out a few days later, and it is going to be a pretty long trip traveling all the way to Strasbourg from Bratislava. The connections look pretty miserable.

However, I think the idea that you suggest, combined with Ben's idea is EXACTLY what we need to speed the galvanization and growth of our Ron Paul movement here in Europe. Also, I think that the European Parliament is exactly the place to have the meeting you suggest. As the Washington DC meetup group would call it, we'll be in the "Belly of the Beast."

For these reasons, Fabio, I will commit to join you there outside of the European Parliament on Sunday, December 16, 2007. I have lots of suggestions that I would like to make, but would like to sit down and think those out a little.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and other interested folks here at the forum.

Allan

Americans In Europe For Ron Paul meetup group: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/583/

News Blog: http://americansineuropeforronpaul.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AStevo View Post
    Fabio,
    This really sounds like a great idea. It's a tough time of year for me, since I will have a book coming out a few days later, and it is going to be a pretty long trip traveling all the way to Strasbourg from Bratislava. The connections look pretty miserable.

However, I think the idea that you suggest, combined with Ben's idea is EXACTLY what we need to speed the galvanization and growth of our Ron Paul movement here in Europe. Also, I think that the European Parliament is exactly the place to have the meeting you suggest. As the Washington DC meetup group would call it, we'll be in the "Belly of the Beast."

For these reasons, Fabio, I will commit to join you there outside of the European Parliament on Sunday, December 16, 2007. I have lots of suggestions that I would like to make, but would like to sit down and think those out a little.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and other interested folks here at the forum.

Allan

Americans In Europe For Ron Paul meetup group: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/583/

News Blog: http://americansineuropeforronpaul.blogspot.com/
    Welcome to the Forum! I assume you've been reading the post here for awhile...?
    What book are you publishing?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Hi Allan,

good to see you on the Forum!
    We have to find someone who knows if there are any legal things we have to consider (tell any official that we plan something?).
    In Germany you have to register demonstrations.
    Any French around??

Cheerio

Fabio

Fabio, it's a good idea, but i would rather have a pro-liberalism meeting than an Anti-EU protest. Better press (if any), more constructive and less problems, especially when Sarkozy is in charge.

It is not meant to be "Anti-EU". It is meant to be Anti-Politics, Pro-Liberty.
    If someone interprets this as "Anti-EU", I`m fine.
    We won`t find a topic that pleases everyone. Let`s just do it like our American friends: you can understand Ron Paul in many different ways. We are different and that`s brillant!

I voted yes but I'm just going to do my best to be there. I can't promise anything. I have family over there and I know Strasbourg very well but it is 5 hours of train and I might have school on the 17th. So I will see.
    I'll be making more signs this week!

The city of Kaiserslautern is nearby, there are supposed to be 40.000 americans living there and there is a Meetup-Group in Kaiserslautern. I will contact them.
    Last edited by Fabio; 11-04-2007 at 05:48 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    The city of Kaiserslautern is nearby, there are supposed to be 40.000 americans leaving there and there is a Meetup-Group in Kaiserslautern. I will contact them.
    I'm a member of the Kaiserslautern meetup. I will have to check my work schedule and see if I can be there but in any case I will definitely make sure everyone in the group hears about this meeting.

Check out the plans we have for a national Boston Tea Party event here in the US!

http://dailypaul.com/node/5333
    Last edited by rs3515; 11-05-2007 at 01:23 AM.

What are the details of this event? I might be able to pop on down, but I know nothing about it..

There are do details yet, because we do the brainstorming here. The guys from http://americansineuropeforronpaul.blogspot.com/ had the idea and we want to get this started. No one of us is a campaign professional, so we will have to do it grassroot-style.

I`m there, no matter what we are doing.

Starless,

Starless, do you have much contact with those 40,000 Americans? How have them been responding to Ron Paul? Do you think many of them would take an interest in the Meeting in Strasbourg? Thanks.

Allan

Americans in Europe for Ron Paul

rrcamp, details so far

RrCamp, so far the details look like this - We will come into town Friday evening. Have a series of meetings throughout the day Saturday - having workshops, networking, and maybe trying to establish some common direction to our European movement. Sunday, we will spend some time out in public near the Parliament.

What are your thoughts? What would you like to see that weekend?

After our brainstorming is complete, we'll be looking for a few folks to help us get word around online, and to set some things up in Strasbourg.

I'm including below, the note that has been sent around to a few folks by Ben from our group.

- Allan

Americans in Europe for Ron Paul

Meeting Call - Strasbourg - Dec 15-16

MEETING CALL

STRASBOURG, FRANCE

15-16 DECEMBER 2007

Saturday, 15 December, conference to meet each other, network, brainstorm on how we can help the Ron Paul Revolution, and organize.

Sunday, 16 December. "THE STRASBOURG TEA PARTY" ( See announcement poster attached, designed by Fabio Bossi, Munich.)

Americans in Europe for Ron Paul are spearheading a meeting for all Ron Paul Supporters in Strasbourg, France, for the purpose organizing and networking all across Europe. See our video on the Ron Paul Revolution sweeping Europe here:

http://europe4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2...ul-meetup.html

The theme of the meeting will be to signal to our American friends that the Ron Paul Revolution is also sweeping Europe.

Our immediate goal is to provide a first venue for Ron Paul supporters to meet and get to know each other.
    Our longer term goal is to plan activities that will:
    1) Help Ron Paul's Campaign to become president of the United States
    2) Show all Americans and Europeans that Ron Paul has enthusiastic international support
    3) Spawn new ideas on how to take the Ron Paul message to our own countries in Europe and around the World
    4) Network and organize to help each other spread the the Ron Paul Revolution everywhere

Mark your calendars now, reserve rooms, and plan to attend the first Europe-wide Ron Paul meeting in Strasbourg, France, 15-16 December 2007

Ben Novak
    Founder, Americans in Europe for Ron Paul Meetup--Bratislava

By the way: Dec 15th is "Bill of Rights Day".

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    michaeldk

I'll definitely try to be there (though I would prefer one in Brussels of course :-)
    I read something about anti-political and anti-EU; I think we just have to focus on Pro-Peace, Pro-Liberty, Pro-Constitution etc (oh, yes, and pro Ron Paul ofcourse!)

So my proposals are;
    -have it in Brussels (more chance to be noticed; the EU commission and parliament is there, NATO is in the area, it is more the 'capital of Europe')
    -have it on the same day as the next moneybomb?

Looks like the train/airfare are too expensive for me. If you ever have one in Bratislava/Vienna/Prague, let me know though.

@Rrcamp:

What about Munich? Perhaps we could take you with us by car.

To everyone:

There is a new Google-Group, please join:

http://groups.google.com/group/europeans4ronpaul?hl=en

Care to lend a hand?

Does anyone have any connection to other groups in Europe that share some of Ron Paul's views? As you know, this could include a very broad selections of viewpoints - greater civil rights, more peace, more freedom, small government, libertarians, financially sensible government.

Networking with such groups and informing them of the Strasbourg tea party is something that I would like to see our group do. Please post a reply here or send me information about the group/groups/individuals at AmericansInEuropeForRonPaul@gmail.com

Thank you.

Allan

http://europe4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

there you will find the following information:

European Ron Paul Meetups

* Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    * Antwerpen, Belgium
    * Athlone, Ireland
    * Barcelona, Spain
    * Berlin, Germany
    * Bratislava, Slovakia
    * Edinburgh, Scotland
    * Helsinki, Finland
    * Kaiserslautern, Germany
    * Lisbon, Portugal
    * London, England
    * Madrid, Spain
    * Munich, Germany
    * Paris, France
    * Prague, Czech Republic
    * Sion, Switzerland
    * Verona, Italy
    * Zürich, Switzerland

European Blogs for Ron Paul

* Americans in Europe
    * Bavaria for Ron Paul
    * Belgians for Ron Paul
    * Brits4RonPaul
    * Croatia for Ron Paul
    * Espana for Ron Paul
    * France for Ron Paul
    * Hidalgos y Piratas (Spain for Ron Paul)
    * Holland4RonPaul
    * Hungary for Ron Paul
    * Italians for Ron Paul
    * Latvia for Ron Paul
    * Portugal for Ron Paul
    * Romania for Ron Paul
    * Ron Paul Finland
    * RonPaul.blog.de (German)
    * Ronpaulish.blog.onet.pl (POLAND)
    * Swedes for Ron Paul
    * Switzerland for Ron Paul

European Ron Paul Videos

* A Little Something About The Ron Paul Revolution 6 (Poland)
    * Americans in Europe for Ron Paul Meetup Group
    * Britain Loves Ron Paul! (England)
    * Cry for Ron Paul (Belgium)
    * Deutschland - Wer ist Ron Paul? (Germany)
    * Freedom Under Siege/Together We're Invincible (Poland)
    * HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, Dr. Ron Paul! (Germany)
    * Ron Paul Revolution Worldwide (Germany)
    * Ron Pauls Botschaft (Germany)
    * The Revolution has begun - the Ron Paul rEVOLution Worldwide 2.0 (Worldwide)

michaeldk

About the networking; I think we better have a concrete event first (Strasbourg for example) and then invite other people instead of just saying "hi, are you interested in Ron Paul?"

Anyway we can still start making up a list. A good place to start would be the Stockholm Network I think, though I don't know if they want to associate themselves with a political candidate, but it's an umbrella network for free-market oriented think-thanks all over Europe;
    http://www.stockholm-network.org/network/details.php

Also, I'd like to have a discussion on the location of the Tea Party; I think Brussels is better since our message is "Europe for Ron Paul" so an event in the capital of Europe would be better i think; the EU Commission, the EU parliament, Nato, etc are all there, so I think it's far more likely to get noticed in the press if we do it in Brussels. What do you think?

Please join the Google-group for organizers: http://groups.google.com/group/europeans4ronpaul

I think Strasbourg is fine for the first meeting. Switzerland is close, where many Paulites live and Kaiserslautern as well. There are 40.000 Americans (Army) living there.
    And there is also the European Parliament. By the way: Brussels is the capital of the political body "EU", not of Europe.
    Anyway, we (the original european mailing list participants) have already agreed to make a second meeting in Brussels if the first is a success, I think (Allan, correct me, if I`m wrong...).

We need commitments: who is going to come? So far we are talking about 20 people, more or less?

I can't get to Stockholm sorry. I have to be in Brussels on Monday morning. If I take the very first train from Strasbourg I can make it.

We have to choose a place which would be the center of all meet up groups. And easy to access. Therefore Strasbourg isn't a bad idea. Of course, if you do it in Brussels I'll be more likely to help.

I think we should be at least 15.

I got another idea. If someone could buy some woodbox with tea in it. Maybe if we ship it from China, it wouldn't be too expensive. Then we throw them into l'ile (Strasbourg's river)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hi Phil, you are the guy with the Chip-In, aren`t you? Could you do one for our european activism?

michaeldk

Ok, we'll start with Strasbourg, there will indeed be other options in the future. I'll be there!

Brussels sounds good, may we push forward with Strasbourg?

Please join the Google-group for organizers: http://groups.google.com/group/europeans4ronpaul

I think Strasbourg is fine for the first meeting. Switzerland is close, where many Paulites live and Kaiserslautern as well. There are 40.000 Americans (Army) living there.
    And there is also the European Parliament. By the way: Brussels is the capital of the political body "EU", not of Europe.
    Anyway, we (the original european mailing list participants) have already agreed to make a second meeting in Brussels if the first is a success, I think (Allan, correct me, if I`m wrong...).

We need commitments: who is going to come? So far we are talking about 20 people, more or less?

Fabio,
    I agree. Strasbourg is not ideal for me, but I think a central location would be good and I think Strasbourg meets that criteria (as do a number of other cities) It will probably be best to quickly agree on a place to meet and then move on to some of the other issues involved in planning this. Since Strasbourg was suggested and agreed to by a number of people, I decided that I would support that idea as well.

Generally, the discussions I've had by email have talked about the Strasbourg Tea Party as a first meeting, with many more to follow over the course of this movement. Surely Brussels would be a good place to meet in the future (as well as now). I'm open for anything, but lean toward Strasbourg since the ball is already rolling on it. Location does not seem as important as just deciding and getting the word out about the great event that this has the potential to be.

This weekend, Saturday, some members of Americans In Europe for Ron Paul will get together at a hotspot and look for interested people on the internet to pass the information of the event to. I suspect that it will be perfect for attracting people to the event.

If anyone wants me to agree to a weekend in Brussels before they agree to a weekend in Strasbourg, please suggest the date and I will see if it will be doable. For now, how about if we keep moving towards Strasbourg?

With this I mean - spread the word, suggest what would make the event worthwhile for you, and help suggest/research the specifics of where we can meet.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at this first gathering. I think that this event will be a tremendous push of energy for the movement that is springing up around us.

Allan

Well said! Let`s go for Strasbourg!

Hi Phil, you are the guy with the Chip-In, aren`t you? Could you do one for our european activism?
    No I'm not but I can try to make one this week end. Right I got an awful lot of work.

But I'll be chipin in. I just wait a few days to have an even better $-euro rate

Can't be there but good lucj guys!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast