Thread: Borat clip

Borat clip

What is a good way to defend Ron Paul regarding the borat scene when he calls him a *****. I think his record and history speaks for itself but what if it comes up? I now explain it as him being an older man and that was a common name for gays back in the day
    Last edited by bill1971; 08-20-2011 at 03:19 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Borat's lucky he didn't get called much worse, along with receiving a black eye?

We better come up with something...this is a most pressing issue.

it's Bruno not Borat.

He didn't really say anything that offensive i don't think. Is ***** that bad?
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Defend what?
    He said it was *****.
    It was *****. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/*****
    Nothing to defend.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 08-20-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Is someone you know actually complaining about that? Seriously?

The man is true to the mother of his children for five decades and then gets ambushed by that psycho, and he's supposed to be faulted for using a term that I've heard gay men shout in unison as part of a rhyme in public demonstrations? Someone's trying awfully hard to find fault with an honest, peaceable man. Wonder why...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Defend what?
    He said it was *****.
    It was *****.
    Nothing to defend.

What he actually said was "he's *****er than blazes, he put a hit on me, let's get out of here." Which I don't see anything wrong with.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Ron Paul refuses to invade Iran to defend foreign countries, it would hard to make Borat ,like much of sleeze controlled media, a fan of Ron Paul.
    Last edited by moderate libertarian; 08-20-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is someone you know actually complaining about that? Seriously?

The man is true to the mother of his children for five decades and then gets ambushed by that psycho, and he's supposed to be faulted for using a term that I've heard gay men shout in unison as part of a rhyme in public demonstrations? Someone's trying awfully hard to find fault with an honest, peaceable man. Wonder why...
    Well we all know why. I am just trying to anticipate any potential attacks. I have heard black people call each other names as well, that are not acceptable. The media is nasty so I would not want them to make this an issue.
    Last edited by bill1971; 08-20-2011 at 03:41 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One person heard it as "weirder than blazes".

But I personally know several gay individuals who use the word "*****" often so maybe it isn't too offensive? Perhaps it's dependent upon context?

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
    Borat's lucky he didn't get called much worse, along with receiving a black eye?

We better come up with something...this is a most pressing issue.
    You under estimate how low the media will stoop.

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    Well we all know why. I am just trying to anticipate any potential attacks. I have heard black people call each other names as well, that are not acceptable.
    Well, men of his generation don't tend to say, in the heat of the moment, 'He's a sexual assaulter!' Nor do women of his generation. Nor do people of any other generation. All in all, I'd say that for a man who didn't know there was a camera on him and was the victim of a sexual assault (or something awfully, awfully close), to say nothing more condemning than a term you hear shouted in San Francisco (after the word 'We're') on a regular basis, is pretty remarkable and shows him to be quite a gentleman.

So, if you actually have this nightmare scenario of yours come up, ever, and it gets brought to the world's attention by someone besides yourself (which is highly unlikely as most gay men had the same reaction I did at the time) put that in their pipe and light it for them.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Rons Pauls 2008 campaign manager Kent Snyder was openly gay. Anyone who Knows Ron Paul clearly knows that he's neither homophobic nor prejudice.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Rons Pauls 2008 campaign manager Kent Snyder was openly gay. Anyone who Knows Ron Paul clearly knows that he's neither homophobic nor prejudice.
    hmm, didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    You under estimate how low the media will stoop.

How low the media will stoop? Ron was a victim of fraud, and then blindsided by what he thought was a homosexual man in a private room and all he did was call the guy "*****"...and not even to his face, and you think the public would have a large negative reaction to that?

Come on man...it's almost laughable (which is what the public would do if the media seized on this)

The media will stoop to the lowest of all lows...and they are going to do it, but it will not be about this trivial issue, if it even qualifies as any type of issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Not that sexuality of people matters in political debates, is Borat also gay?

Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    Not that sexuality of people matters in political debates, is Borat also gay?

it was bruno, not borat...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    it was bruno, not borat...
    Oh ok, it was Sacha Cohen.

It wasn't the best thing to say, but to be fair it bordered on a sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, men of his generation don't tend to say, in the heat of the moment, 'He's a sexual assaulter!' Nor do women of his generation. Nor do people of any other generation. All in all, I'd say that for a man who didn't know there was a camera on him and was the victim of a sexual assault (or something awfully, awfully close), to say nothing more condemning than a term you hear shouted in San Francisco (after the word 'We're') on a regular basis, is pretty remarkable and shows him to be quite a gentleman.

So, if you actually have this nightmare scenario of yours come up, ever, and it gets brought to the world's attention by someone besides yourself (which is highly unlikely as most gay men had the same reaction I did at the time) put that in their pipe and light it for them.

Thank you.
    cool. Thanks to everyone here. I guess it is silly to worry about that.

Honestly, it shouldn't do anything but help Ron in a GOP primary.

There is the Morton Downey JR. show too but if anything that one proves he has been saying the same thing for a long time.