Thread: Rick Perry is no Ron Paul

Thumbs up Rick Perry is no Ron Paul

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...,4395644.story

Rick Perry is no Ron Paul

4:00 PM EDT, August 19, 2011
    Advertisement

Thrilled as I was with Texas Rep. Ron Paul's good showing as a truly constitutional candidate in the Iowa straw poll, I am concerned that Texas Gov. Rick Perry will be seen in the same light.

Granted, Governor Perry is the top elected official of a right-to-work state that has no income tax. That means Texas is a good example for other states to follow.

But does Mr. Perry believe, as Congressman Paul does, that there must be a declaration of war before America invades and bombs other countries?

Does he believe that, as president, he would have the authority to give trillions of dollars to foreign countries or support the Patriot Act against American citizens?

And what did Mr. Perry do, as governor of a state bordering Mexico, to stop illegal immigration or stop the NAFTA superhighway?

Remember that, in 2008, a tea party candidate with no money and no Republican party backing got 20 percent of the vote for governor. There are many Republican candidates for president who sound constitutional about the areas they care about. But only Mr. Paul wants to restore the actual Constitution.

Kathy Jaggers, Rising Sun

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But does Mr. Perry believe, as Congressman Paul does, that there must be a declaration of war before America invades and bombs other countries?
    That's a good question, one I'd like to see someone ask Perry during one of his campaign stops. Framed in the context of what President Obama has done in Libya, it would really be a "gotcha".

Wow! Someone from Rising Sun. I used to live there. Small little town with about 2000 population. (Have a lot of friends back there who are Paulites)
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    That's a good question, one I'd like to see someone ask Perry during one of his campaign stops. Framed in the context of what President Obama has done in Libya, it would really be a "gotcha".
    "Well Son, I think that would be treacherous or treasonous at this particular juncture. But if I were President it would be just good sense. BLAM BLAM. Coyote almost got ya, boy."
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Base Similarities

The only things Rick Perry has in common with Ron Paul is that he comes from the same state as Ron, is in the same party as Ron, and has the same initials as Ron (RP).
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul