Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caucus Process and How to Become a Delegate

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I was a delegate in Indiana last time and yes, you get the form, get on the ballot and that's pretty much it.

I have a question though - since I was a RP delegate last time (and actively stood in opposition of McCain), I will get the stink eye treatment if I try again this time. I will be a known "outsider". Do you think it will be worth trying again, or should I recruit someone in my place?
    Please please do it again if there is a majority then how can we be the outsiders. What district are you in?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Once you submit the candidate for delegate form, your name will be placed on the May 8 primary ballot. If you win the election, you will be a delegate to the State Convention in June. If you win the election and you decide to follow through with being a delegate, you will have to pay around a $80 fee and pay for your own travel expenses to the State Convention (not sure what city it will be held in this year).

The only commitment you have is to travel to the State Convention in June for 1 or 2 days to participate in the convention.
    The city is always Indianapolis and the dates for the convention are June 8th and 9th

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Please please do it again if there is a majority then how can we be the outsiders. What district are you in?
    CD 9

We need a primary opponent for Todd Young. Anyone know if Hankins will run again (and if he'll be in a different district now with redistricting)?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I can help with these questions send me a private message and we can chat

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    1. Fill out the form and send it in. If you being a first time voter is an issue, they will let you know. You really have nothing to lose except the fee to get the form notarized.

2. Yes, write down "5th" in #2.

3. Not sure about this one. Hopefully someone who's done this before can answer this.
    Yes first time voters are an issue this time around there is an extra step

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    CD 9

We need a primary opponent for Todd Young. Anyone know if Hankins will run again (and if he'll be in a different district now with redistricting)?
    I have two great district coordinators private message me and will give you their emails. Not sure about who Hankins is but yes you really need to get rid of young

Yes first time voters are an issue this time around there is an extra step
    Can you explain it here so that others can know what to do or do you want to make sure everyone who applies to be a delegate contact you so you can keep a list of candidates?

The extra step for those that have not yet voted in a Republican primary is:

If you have not yet cast a primary ballot, you must have an authorization from signed by the county chairman and the candidate for state delegate saying the individual pledges full support to the Republican Party and the candidates of the Republican party. This form (IRSC/CA-1) must be attached to the CAN-37 when the candidate files his/her declaration with the county clerk. A copy of the form (IRSC/CA-1) must also be filed with the delegate form sent to the State Committee.
    tu ne cede malis

Yes please contact me I am the coordinator for the state and we have district delegates in place to get this going smoothly

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hey guys, really really dumb question here. How does one become a member of the Republican party? I went to GOP.com and didn't find exactly a way to do this. There's a link to donate and such but how does one become a member?

Quote Originally Posted by simon1911 View Post
    Hey guys, really really dumb question here. How does one become a member of the Republican party? I went to GOP.com and didn't find exactly a way to do this. There's a link to donate and such but how does one become a member?
    In Indiana, it is determined by which party ballot you last voted on in a primary. There is no registration.

You can usually become a dues-paying member of your county committee, but it's not necessary to be a "member in good standing."
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    In Indiana, it is determined by which party ballot you last voted on in a primary. There is no registration.

You can usually become a dues-paying member of your county committee, but it's not necessary to be a "member in good standing."
    I can't find how to be a dues paying member of my county committee (Hamilton) on their site. This is my first time voting in the primary. I want to be a card carrying member of the Republican party before I apply to be a state convention delegate so that they can't turn me away. Does anyone have a John McCain shirt I can borrow for me to wear when applying?

Quote Originally Posted by simon1911 View Post
    I can't find how to be a dues paying member of my county committee (Hamilton) on their site. This is my first time voting in the primary. I want to be a card carrying member of the Republican party before I apply to be a state convention delegate so that they can't turn me away. Does anyone have a John McCain shirt I can borrow for me to wear when applying?
    I'd try getting a hold of your county chairman, see what he/she says. You cannot be disqualified for never having voted in a primary. You just have to fill out an additional form pledging your support for Republicans.

If you have not yet cast a primary ballot, you must have an authorization from signed by the county chairman and the candidate for state delegate saying the individual pledges full support to the Republican Party and the candidates of the Republican party. This form (IRSC/CA-1) must be attached to the CAN-37 when the candidate files his/her declaration with the county clerk. A copy of the form (IRSC/CA-1) must also be filed with the delegate form sent to the State Committee.
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The extra step for those that have not yet voted in a Republican primary is:IRSC/CA-1
    Anyone have a copy of this form yet? We really need someone to get it, scan it and share it!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

bump need more delegates
    I'm working it from my end! I've picked up no less than 3 that will be coming with me.

We should have a contest. Which hoosier from RPF can bring the most friends to Indianapolis with them? The winner gets something special from Ron Paul? Something signed? A paid trip to a rally? We could do a chip in amongst ourselves to do it so as not to link the campaign to paying people?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay, So in 2008 I was in district 8, in fact Larry Buschon still contacts me, now, when I go to the link provided at the beginning of this thread to check my district/precinct info, it says I'm in district 4.
    Was there a change?

Oh, and on ronpaul2012.com/delegate I cannot find the submit button. The last comment box "Previous Political Experience, if any" is partly covered up at the bottom with the facebook, etc... buttons. HELP

In in district 5 and I recall seeing some postings about new election map at my town's Election Board office. When I applied, the clerk was kind enough to go through the form with me and in fact corrected an error (I had entered "At Large" for which precinct I'm running for but that is not how they run it.) So I'd bring a print out of that info and take it with you and confirm with the clerk that your district has indeed changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Okay, So in 2008 I was in district 8, in fact Larry Buschon still contacts me, now, when I go to the link provided at the beginning of this thread to check my district/precinct info, it says I'm in district 4.
    Was there a change?

Oh, and on ronpaul2012.com/delegate I cannot find the submit button. The last comment box "Previous Political Experience, if any" is partly covered up at the bottom with the facebook, etc... buttons. HELP
    Yes, after the 2010 census we were redistricted.

Contact Melissa on here - she can help!

Sorry guys I have been swamped but things are going well and if you filed please send me an email at mline73@aol.com with your name address phone and county so I can the lists up to date

For those states that haven't entered the delegate process this is still a vital aspect of what we in the grassroots need to be doing and supporting this year.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

What is the plan here in IN?
    I have not received any info even though I have emailed. I had hoped to get with people here in IN with experience soon to find out how this all works. Will we have access to Roberts Rules training or at least a mock session or something with each other? And what can I do as a precinct committeeman to help if that happens? I am really, really new at all this stuff.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 03-14-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Well, I went to my first meetup and it went very well. I met some good people, learned a few valuable things, and apparently am now leader of the Putnam County Hoosiers for Constitutional Government according to emails I received since the meeting.

Wow, this is all happening so fast. I'm not the social type, but I made my first contact for the PCHCG (Putnam County Hoosiers for Constitutional Government ) for a potential member who is interested in local monetary policy and local trading in case SHTF with the Fed. I may have 2 more, we'll see........

So far, I think I am uncontested for precinct committeman, and I haven't been challenged for delegate. That's good, no?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12