Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be nice to the new people

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would just like to add that earlier today on the chat i said that i was a republican. And some rude comments came back at me because i'm not a libertarian and this is a libertarian forum.

If the libertarian movement was a strong based party then there wouldnt be this outcry on getting independants,democrats and republicans to vote for Ron Paul. I'm not trying to start something but treating people like crap that come here because they believe in the message Ron Paul speaks is not the right way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by singe22 View Post
    I would just like to add that earlier today on the chat i said that i was a republican. And some rude comments came back at me because i'm not a libertarian and this is a libertarian forum.

If the libertarian movement was a strong based party then there wouldnt be this outcry on getting independants,democrats and republicans to vote for Ron Paul. I'm not trying to start something but treating people like crap that come here because they believe in the message Ron Paul speaks is not the right way to go.
    That really happened? Did you take down their usernames and what they said as proof? Get them banned permanently. The great majority of us welcome all Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc. There are just a few idiots here.

So yeah, welcome !

BUMP for latest polls.. This message should go beyond RPF.. We have seen our poll numbers surge lately and that can only mean one thing, "New Ron Paul Supporters".. This is a great thing, and we should remember to be courteous and welcoming to the new folks. Quitting being a neoconservative and coming to Ron Paul can be overwhelming for some. All of this knowledge about Austrian economics, true conservatism and classical liberalism can be confusing, not to mention non-interventionist foreign policy. Many of the new folks are going against a lot of things they have been taught via Fox News and the "conservative" talk radio, it's important to be understanding of this and to be informative whilst not seeming too egotistical. Some folks will never see the light, they will go to their primary or caucus and they will vote for a Gingrich or a Romney, so new supporters have already made a strong intellectual decision to support the right guy, and I will continue to do my best to welcome new ones every day.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was not very libertarian of them to write. I am a republican too (registered as one).
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

We need everybody from all political affiliations and walks of life, because it's not about us it's about helping Ron get elected as our next President. Welcome to the forums!

I'm a registered Republican and so are many others here.

well a lot of us better be registered republicans come primaries

Luieburger

Speaking as someone who has supported Ron Paul since 2009 but has only been on these forums since September of this year, so far my experience has been great. I don't start very many new threads, but I can see how some folks would be intimidated if they got harsh responses to their threads.

My previous forum of choice was calguns.net (I recently moved from CA to WA) and that forum was full of people screaming "DUPE!!!!" any time two identical threads were posted, and all kinds of "google it!" or "use search!" type posts to new threads. You folks are very positive, and I hope you continue to keep it up. This thread is a good reminder.

Yeah be nice to the new guys, even if they're a long time lurker who forgot they had an account for the past few years.

As a newbie I would like to say thank you!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by synth_floyd View Post
    Yeah be nice to the new guys, even if they're a long time lurker who forgot they had an account for the past few years.
    That sounds like me haha.
    yeah be nice to me, even thou i am not a voter at all seeing how I'am a european(don't shoot).

As someone new here, can someone provide insight as to why this thread was deleted by the mods?

_____
    Topic name: Howard Stern 1/3/2012; Discusses Republican Field

Here is link to the discussion about it: http://www.sternfannetwork.com/xen/i...647447/page-30.

Stern...back from a 2-3 week vacation, listed as a potential celebrity supporter on a different thread here, quickly and decisively trashed Dr Paul saying Paul is "on acid" and "whacked out". He then declared Romney as the only viable candidate. Awful and I think Stern is out of touch with his own economically conservative, socially liberal audience. : (
    ____

the thread had gotten replies from other members within 1 minute. Why cant bad threads that arent offensive in any way just die by lack of popularity? Deleting posts and threads is a very personal thing to do to someone without explanation; especially when they're new. It makes this forum seem unwelcoming and closed-minded.
    Last edited by Drivingrain; 01-03-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drivingrain View Post
    As someone new here, can someone provide insight as to why this thread was deleted by the mods?
    wasn't deleted...was moved to members only hot topics.

not sure why.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...publican-field
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

to all the noobz - new posts is your friend!
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherone View Post
    wasn't deleted...was moved to members only hot topics.

not sure why.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...publican-field
    ok, thanks for the reply. It seems like "hit pieces" belong in a members-only forum? I cant say I understand/agree with that, but hey, if I choose to be here then I have to accept whatver rules there are....

I think the new people who volunteered to do PFH and came here to voice concerns about the repeat calls doing more harm than good were treated unfairly. If their claims can be verified, I think they deserve an apology. For the more paranoid members here, I'd suggest you consider the possibility that you're doing more harm than good, too. I'd have been doing the PFH myself if not for taking my mom to radiation treatments daily, and it very well could have been me who tried to voice my concerns on here. Frankly, I'd have been very insulted. I've seen members with thousands of posts who at least listened to the new people on this matter, and for that I thank them. Just to be clear, I don't see this kind of thing all too often around here, and that's a relief.
    You should do your job because it's your job. Because you're the person standing there doing that thing. So just do it. Do the shit out of it. -Louis C.K.

Wish I had found RPF earlier also!

Any good online links to watch debate?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, polite and informative.

Well tell that to the people who banned me on the Chat... It has been 3 days

DisabledVet

Old member approved !

Let's not just be nice to new people (I am new ) let's make it a point to be nice to everyone! We all come from different walks of life, but we all support and are passionate about liberty!
    We make shirts. We support Ron Paul.
    https://www.ron-possible.org

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    We have lots of new people here, and it can be almost automatic for most of us who have been here for 4 years to come off a little harsh when a topic is posted and it clearly does not fall with in the views we are so familiar with.
    I've already been attacked, so your rule is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by davehead View Post
    I've already been attacked, so your rule is BS.
    Didn't you say that you wanted to bash people's heads in?

Edit: Nothing to see here folks. Guy insulted someone first.

fukc you. I've been a Paul fan since 2000. And you? Stupid insulting piece of $#@!.
    Quote Originally Posted by davehead View Post
    $#@! you.

How much did YOU give you inmsulting piece of $#@!???? Go to hell Estortceric. I oguth to track you dwn and blash t a hoel uin yoru ehad you stupid hatiedfful mother fuciign ASSSOLHNE
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 03-07-2012 at 02:30 PM.

OMG, such a great post. I am not young I am 47 and a Woman, which RP does not have many of and totally new at the process and just told my sister last night if I did not love Ron Paul I would just close camp. What is it with you Ron Paul people. No one on any meetups or Ron Paul FB groups will answer questions and I find most people down right mean. I do not understand and so I did go out on my own and pretty much secured a precinct chair and confident may be a delegate at the county level, so trying to figure out what to do at the district level, but crap forget asking RP people I feel like I am at work without information sharing and all the political bull$#@! you deal with on the job. This is crazy and I am no longer frustrated with trying to find information I am frustrated with the way the RP people treat other people. What gives, if somebody came to me and wanted help or sent me an email trying to understand something I would be johnny on the spot and encourage and help keep them motivated even when everyone else is kicking them in the balls. This is the only board that has even offered any help. Help help be supportive, be nice, encourage, motivate, share information and keep bringing in more people, not running them off.

Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post

We may be able to argue and play games with each other, but new people may not feel comfortable enough yet to understand our political style of humor and hazing.
    Or that we are just outright a-holes to each other sometimes.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflyeblue View Post
    OMG, such a great post. I am not young I am 47 and a Woman, which RP does not have many of and totally new at the process and just told my sister last night if I did not love Ron Paul I would just close camp. What is it with you Ron Paul people. No one on any meetups or Ron Paul FB groups will answer questions and I find most people down right mean. I do not understand and so I did go out on my own and pretty much secured a precinct chair and confident may be a delegate at the county level, so trying to figure out what to do at the district level, but crap forget asking RP people I feel like I am at work without information sharing and all the political bull$#@! you deal with on the job. This is crazy and I am no longer frustrated with trying to find information I am frustrated with the way the RP people treat other people. What gives, if somebody came to me and wanted help or sent me an email trying to understand something I would be johnny on the spot and encourage and help keep them motivated even when everyone else is kicking them in the balls. This is the only board that has even offered any help. Help help be supportive, be nice, encourage, motivate, share information and keep bringing in more people, not running them off.

Stick around. There are great people here, like Anti-Federalist, TER, and GunnyFreedom. Most of us just get uber-passionate and let our hearts runaway with our brains. You also get a lot of intellectuals that are just used to attack attack attack. Its like college debate. But its almost never meant personally.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Or that we are just outright a-holes to each other sometimes.
    This is very true. Ask anyone who's been Conza-ed or Roy L-ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast