Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michele Bachmann having a town hall in my town Friday

Michele Bachmann having a town hall in my town Friday

Any suggestions on what I should try to ask her?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When you drop out will you endorse Ron Paul?

I would think you should either ask her about her time in the IRS or frame a question around the unconstitutionality of the Patriot Act.

Here is one,
    "You and other candidates such as Rick Perry, and Newt Gingrich have begun to attack the Federal Reserve. Congressman Paul has been against the Fed for decades. Is he setting the tone for the rest of the Republican field?"

Don't be rude. Ask her to explain her vote for the Patriot Act.

But I understand she screens questions -- that might just be from the media, though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

PeacePlan

Quote Originally Posted by MomsBasement View Post
    Any suggestions on what I should try to ask her?
    Which town - she is from my district and maybe I will go also...

"What are some of the principles you took away from your weekly attendance of Ron Paul's meetings at the Capitol, and how have you applied those to your own belief of government and it's role in our lives?"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ask her on farm subsidies.
    a) If she ever received some? [She did, but doesn´t admit]
    b) If she thinks they should be abolished?

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomery View Post
    I would think you should either ask her about her time in the IRS or frame a question around the unconstitutionality of the Patriot Act.
    Yeah hit her up with the Patriot Act. She has never had to explain that one to her TEA Party followers. I suspect a response of "Well, that is a good question, and I support everybody's rights, yada, yada, but sometimes you need to give up some rights inorder to stay safe and free, blah, blah, blah."

If you find that the town hall is rigged and all questions are prescreened, bring it to light with cameras, etc.

Can't wait to hear what you have to say Friday night and/or Saturday morning. Good Luck!

No its a good question - how does your platform differ from Perry's?

BTW - she's already endorsed Dr Paul:

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

PeacePlan

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post

But I understand she screens questions -- that might just be from the media, though.
    She showed up at a meeting I was at and she stated how she supported all the wars. I asked her how she intended to pay for it when we were broke. A lot of Republicans at that meeting got mad at me for putting her on front street and told me I should have asked her after her presentation and not during it. Still think I did the right thing.

Ask her if she is still attending Ron Paul's weekly economic meetings.
    "Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPolitico View Post
    Here is one,
    "You and other candidates such as Rick Perry, and Newt Gingrich have begun to attack the Federal Reserve. Congressman Paul has been against the Fed for decades. Is he setting the tone for the rest of the Republican field?"
    Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Yeah hit her up with the Patriot Act. She has never had to explain that one to her TEA Party followers. I suspect a response of "Well, that is a good question, and I support everybody's rights, yada, yada, but sometimes you need to give up some rights inorder to stay safe and free, blah, blah, blah."

If you find that the town hall is rigged and all questions are prescreened, bring it to light with cameras, etc.

Can't wait to hear what you have to say Friday night and/or Saturday morning. Good Luck!
    If she says that be ready to retort Franklin's quote about safety and liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by PeacePlan View Post
    She showed up at a meeting I was at and she stated how she supported all the wars. I asked her how she intended to pay for it when we were broke. A lot of Republicans at that meeting got mad at me for putting her on front street and told me I should have asked her after her presentation and not during it. Still think I did the right thing.
    You did the right thing. Maybe others will in the future ask tough questions.
    Last edited by John of Des Moines; 08-17-2011 at 08:04 AM.

You guys should be nice. She is the only candidate running that we have even a slight chance of getting an endorsement from. Ask her if should would consider running as RP vice. He wont pick her but it may get her thinking.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

If you ask about the Patriot ACT please be sure to mention specifically the part about the infringment on gun rights that are inside it. Most Americans are braindead to what the Patriot ACT actually is. Make sure you educate them in your question and ask her why she isn't strong on gun rights because she voted for the Patriot ACT.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Take as many other Ron Paul supporters as you can. Do not take or wear any Ron Paul items and come separately. Go as concerned citizens because you are concerned. Ask your question nicely and listen to the answer. When you are not satisfied with the answer, get up and walk out. This will be the que for the remaining Ron Paul supporters to get up and walk out as well. Maybe it will make the news if enough people get up and walk out because they don't like her policies.
    Last edited by Jason Sallee; 08-17-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Also highlight her support for Carter and question her roots.

I like the Patriot Act ideas, but that hasn't been a hot issue in a long time (unfortunately). Right now I am leaning towards asking her how she expects to pay for all the wars, and include how George Bush ran on a humble foreign policy.

PeacePlan

Where and when is this meeting? I attempted looking it up and found nothing on my googles of it?

ask her that if she is worth anything and is honest like she says, will she call out the media for the ron paul blackout and let this be a fair even playing field?

or ask her why she had a rally the night before aimes even though it was illegal to do so.

or ask her why she made people vote for her to get in to see randy travis.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post

Yes, ask her Why did you vote for the patriot act when the founders made it clear than when you sacrifice liberty for security you will have neither?

It's in Myrtle Beach, SC. Politico has a calendar where you can see all events by candidate or by state. It's pretty useful.

"Would you support repealing the fourth amendment to the constitution in order to make the Patriot Act legal?"

Phrase the question this way, be very respectful.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PeacePlan

Quote Originally Posted by MomsBasement View Post
    It's in Myrtle Beach, SC. Politico has a calendar where you can see all events by candidate or by state. It's pretty useful.
    Thanks for the info - I am from MN so I won't be attending that.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Make her explain this bull$#@!:

•2008 voted Yea for the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 - H.R. 5140 - 110th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2008-25
    •2009 voted Yea for $192 Billion additional stimulus spending - H.R. 3357 - 111th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2009-659
    •2011 voted Yea to extend the USA PATRIOT Act - H.R. 514 - 112th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-45

I would love to hear her spin how she was at the tip of the spear fighting for more stimulus spending!
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 08-17-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

You can ask her why she voted for the 2007 stimulous package?

Ohhh, excellent. Yes, I will go with the stimulus question! I hope I get a chance to ask it. Also, if they try to screen me, I will make up some softball question and then actually ask the stimulus question

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Make her explain this bull$#@!:

•2008 voted Yea for the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 - H.R. 5140 - 110th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2008-25
    •2009 voted Yea for $192 Billion additional stimulus spending - H.R. 3357 - 111th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2009-659
    •2011 voted Yea to extend the USA PATRIOT Act - H.R. 514 - 112th Congress - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-45

I would love to hear her spin how she was at the tip of the spear fighting for more stimulus spending!
    Nice!

Got any slim jims you can hand out outside? Or copies of the Grassroots Press?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast