Thread: "A Force to Be Reckoned With" - Very Big Houston News Article needs your comments NOW!!!

Exclamation "A Force to Be Reckoned With" - Very Big Houston News Article needs your comments NOW!!!

A Force to Be Reckoned With
    http://www.ktrh.com/cc-common/news/s...rticle=8973834
    Did Lake Jackson Congressman Ron Paul's second place finish in the Iowa straw poll boost his chances for the White House?
    By SCOTT CROWDER

Not if you ask political insider Chris Begala, who says Paul trails Perry, Romney and Bachmann.

"He's definitely a fringe candidate. He's not one of the top three, because you've got to put Bachmann there in the top three and of course Governor Perry as well."

Begala says he likes a lot of Paul's ideas, but Americans won't go for the Congressman's unrealistic view of Iran.

"At the debate the other night in Iowa he hurt himself with his international political view of Iran and some of the other countries that are clearly threats."

Congressman Paul says Iran hasn't attacked its neighbors in recent memory (Iraq attacked Iran) and it won't do so even if it develops nuclear weapons. He says he's opposed to sanctions or any other efforts to keep Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

Begala says that view is out of step with the vast majority of voters.

Begala says he wouldn't be shocked to see Paul drop out of the GOP race and run as a libertarian. If so, he says Paul could get 3 or 4% of the vote and take votes from one of the top conservatives, which could help President Obama.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand."
    - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.