Thread: I've come to the conclusion that we must have both moneybombs this quarter.

I've come to the conclusion that we must have both moneybombs this quarter.

Both August 20th and September 17th, which is Constitution Day.

It looks like people on this board aren't going to back down and wait. No, we have to donate NOW. Fine, then, I say. Whatever floats your boat. I didn't like this moneybomb because it emphasizes Ron's age and makes it about HIM, not the movement. But whatever. Let's do it.

Since people are so set on this date, I think we should try to make this one succeed, and then go for one on Constitution Day as well, followed by an end of the quarter push. Both are being promoted, both should be utilized. We need to bring in some money this quarter, and this is the only way I see it happening now. I still think both of these have potential if we work to promote them. The Constitution Day moneybomb has a very great theme and broad appeal because of it. IMMEDIATELY after we have the August 20th moneybomb, it's time to start promoting September 17th like no other. We have to act like we only have a few days, when we have a few weeks. Promotion now is crucial. Money now is crucial. Let's get it done on both days.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Let's do it. I was against it as well, but if the campaign agrees that we need it, then we need it!

Weak fundraising totals so far have forced the campaign to kick up fundraising.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Maybe make this the black out one? The media is blacking out the constitutional position? Spit balling.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    I didn't like this moneybomb because it emphasizes Ron's age and makes it about HIM, not the movement. But whatever. Let's do it.
    There were a lot of objections to the Nov. 5th moneybomb and look how that turned out.

It will do well just like all of the rest. The important thing is we get some money into the coffers and soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflation View Post
    Doctor Paul has cracked the internet codes; he runs these tubes.

We gotta do the money bombs it's how we raise the money. If not, he's not going to be competitive.

Just give anytime you have money, coordinated money bombs aren't the way to continue this, how many times does it have to be said?!

They are turning into money grenades anyway.

Money is needed continually not on some spurts.

imagine having a paycheck once a quarter, but having monthly bills to pay! With fluctuation expenses all around you. it is something you can manage, but it is not optimal.
    Last edited by steph3n; 08-15-2011 at 07:31 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like the Media Blackout idea. Let's take advantage of this momentum.

We need a lot of money bombs, but we need to be realistic as well.
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    Just give anytime you have money, coordinated money bombs aren't the way to continue this, how many times does it have to be said?!

imagine having a paycheck once a quarter, but having monthly bills to pay! With fluctuation expenses all around you. it is something you can manage, but it is not optimal.
    I agree with that you're saying, but people are more excited and feel like they're getting more bang for their buck when they know that there's potentially thousands of others out there donating at the same time. The difference I'm seeing between this time and last time is somehow last time they were much more heavily promoted than what they are this time. The promo vids just aren't there like last time, but if they were we'd have so much more potential considering we have a much larger base to pull from this time. We gotta keep money bombing the hell out of em!

Here is the only graphic I have seen, if anyone wants to use it:

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post

How many times does it need to be said that this strategy will not work? Moneybombs bring in extra money that wouldn't have been given otherwise. How can anyone deny this? I'll prove it. I tend to donate more on moneybomb days as opposed to non-moneybomb days. I am willing to bet the house that there are many people like me. Call me soft-core, but it's the truth. I don't have much money, and when I donate, I prefer it be part of something measurable, and the moneybomb is just that tool. Sorry, but just telling people to donate now will not bring in millions. Moneybombs will.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Maybe make this the black out one? The media is blacking out the constitutional position? Spit balling.
    YES. PLEASE. It needs to happen. The rage from this Ames blackout sh*t is still fresh. As Epic said, strike while the iron is hot.
    Ron Paul Voting Record (.com)
    Ron Swanson's horrifying campfire story: http://youtu.be/-EOpWYM9Lxo

How many times does it need to be said that this strategy will not work? Moneybombs bring in extra money that wouldn't have been given otherwise. How can anyone deny this? I'll prove it. I tend to donate more on moneybomb days as opposed to non-moneybomb days. I am willing to bet the house that there are many people like me. Call me soft-core, but it's the truth. I don't have much money, and when I donate, I prefer it be part of something measurable, and the moneybomb is just that tool. Sorry, but just telling people to donate now will not bring in millions. Moneybombs will.
    Man, I am 100% with you. I've never donated to political campaigns before RP, and I love moneybombs. Plus, they possess me to purchase absurd amounts of official RP2012.com gear, since it goes toward the bomb. I think I speak for the majority of new supporters who weren't around for the '08 run.

And a media blackout moneybomb? Holy balls, I would be poor after that one.
    Last edited by Jackie Treehorn; 08-15-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
    Man, I am 100% with you. I've never donated to political campaigns before RP, and I love moneybombs. Plus, they possess me to purchase absurd amounts of official RP2012.com gear, since it goes toward the bomb.

And a media blackout moneybomb? Holy balls, I would be poor after that one.
    i have 200 bucks ready to light the fuse on.....>holding<

imaginary fuse...in case anyone is freaking out.

sigh

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i have 200 bucks ready to light the fuse on.....>holding<

imaginary fuse...in case anyone is freaking out.

sigh
    +rep

Enjoy your educational campaign, it won't win with that, sorry. it is the truth.

BTW I am not 'against' moneybombs, I am against holding your funds to send them then if you have now.
    Last edited by steph3n; 08-15-2011 at 09:47 PM.