Thread: Gold SOARING, why not silver?

Gold SOARING, why not silver?

Silver usually tracks with gold somewhat. Why isn't silver getting off the ground?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because Gold is known as the ultimate store of value. Gold is the money of Kings. When it gets too expensive for the Avg man, the poor man's Gold, Silver will then take off. Silver has the Money/Industrial vector going for it which in the end just might even beat Gold. Consider it a blessing if you need to convert some Federal Reserve Notes for Silver. Do it now!
    Last edited by ctiger2; 08-08-2011 at 09:23 PM.

That^^ I'm probably going to get hold of some silver eagles next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

It's because of the industrial aspect that silver is not doing as well. Markets tanking = lower demand for industrial inputs = lower price. When silver is considered money in the way gold is - it will make up the lost ground and then some. But who knows how long that will take?
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Gold is 1756 right now.
    And how many thought it was overpriced at $1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, and waiting for another dip to buy?

It just keeps going up.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-08-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Gotta be a short-covering rally. Otherwise, why are the miners (and as you pointed out silver) not moving up with it?

I expect a pull back soon. If QE3 gets introduced tomorrow, all bets are off, but really this reminds me of silver in April.

Though I remain bullish gold longer-term.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueskies View Post
    Gotta be a short-covering rally. Otherwise, why are the miners (and as you pointed out silver) not moving up with it?

I expect a pull back soon. If QE3 gets introduced tomorrow, all bets are off,
    QE3 is happening soon enough: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...i-says-1-.html

Gold is well above platinum now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I expect QE3 tomorrow. That should put some real buyers into the gold market, and not just covering shorts. That's why I dont have the confidence to short it right now.

However, if the Fed does NOT introduce QE3, and gold remains near 1750-1800, I will short it. The fundamentals are there, but sometimes you gotta recognize when things are getting out of hand too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Shadow View Post
    Oh geez. Dumbasses are going to bury our country.

But Dennis Gartman told me to sell my gold on CNBC last Thursday. What did I do wrong?!?!
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by cubical View Post
    But Dennis Gartman told me to sell my gold on CNBC last Thursday. What did I do wrong?!?!
    You didn't have the mute button on.

I love CNBC Asian hours , wow! some sexy anchors.

lol cubical

fk .. $1770.18
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Quote Originally Posted by cubical View Post
    LMAO...I saw a person on the floor of the NYSE and he was talking to the reporter and she asked about gold. He said something along the lines of "gold has no intrinsic value and clearly the place to be right now is in treasurys". It seemed to me that many and I mean many of the shows on both CNBC and on FBN late this afternoon were bringing on guests who were parroting the same garbage. Gold was mentioned here and there but no real discussion on why it was increasing. I feel like I am living in the twilight zone.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    It's because of the industrial aspect that silver is not doing as well. Markets tanking = lower demand for industrial inputs = lower price. When silver is considered money in the way gold is - it will make up the lost ground and then some. But who knows how long that will take?
    For that to happen Industrial use needs to plunge below 50% (right know over 80%) and investment consumption needs to make up size able chunk (right know not even 10% hence the volatility in its price and price manipulation by the big boys).