Thread: Wolf Blitzer calls Ron Paul "the oldest white guy running in the Republican field"

Thumbs down Wolf Blitzer calls Ron Paul "the oldest white guy running in the Republican field"

MOD NOTE: Misleading information. Mary Madeline said Republicans usually go with the oldest white guy, who is Mitt Romney. Wolf corrected her and said that would be Ron Paul.

Just now on the Situation Room, Blitzer referred to Dr. Paul as the following:

By the way, the oldest white guy running in the Republican field is Ron Paul.
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 08-08-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In what context? Were they talking about Ames or what? Seems really random.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliticalfan View Post
    In what context? Were they talking about Ames or what? Seems really random.
    No idea. He went from talking about Rick Perry to saying that statement, but he ended it by saying, "not necesarilly Mitt Romney." I didn't hear anybody call Romney an old white guy, but it was an offensive way to portray Ron Paul, nevertheless.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Well, Republicans tend to go for "the old white guy" so maybe Wolf was saying that means Ron has a good shot. Lol

the GOP tends to vote for the oldest white male in the primaries.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

He hit his age and race, that was completely out of line. Does anybody have a number I can call and complain? Let's make sure the dp people know too (I don't have an account there).

///
    Last edited by Jeremy; 08-08-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by Jeremy; 08-08-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Don't worry. We can all laugh over our drinks at an election night party when Wolf and the rest of the "Best political team on TV" break down the incoming primary results on Super Tuesday. I hate that $#@!ing touch screen they use.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

^Yep. I fully expect "Other" to come in first place on primary night.

"Amazing, amazing..."
    -Vulf Blitzkreig 2007

Thank you for the contact info. I most certainly am going to call and write when I get home (I'm on the train now). Could you imagine the outcry if he refered to Obama as the "middle aged black guy"?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaNY View Post
    He hit his age and race, that was completely out of line. Does anybody have a number I can call and complain? Let's make sure the dp people know too (I don't have an account there).
    Yes, this is $#@!! If he at least said "oldest gay running in Republican field" , but "oldest white guy"?! I mean, are there some black guys older than RP running in Republican field that I don't know about, so that he needed to say oldest WHITE guy?! If there is reverse racism, then this is clear example!

Well the youngest black guy hasn't exactly done a stellar job. I see this as a positive.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think the Republican base in Iowa views "old white guy" as a pejorative, so no need to get too bothered about this.

Edit post
    Last edited by dspectre; 08-08-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Blitzer... what a racist putz!
    is it too early to start making that list for who's first up against the wall?

So, Wolf, who's the oldest white woman running in the primary?...oh, right, there's only one
    Last edited by Tinnuhana; 08-08-2011 at 05:41 PM.

If an anchor spoke ill about a man because he was handicapped, homosexual, black, chinese, or Muslim, they would be in jeopardy of losing their job. But when the media makes crude remarks about Ron Paul's age, shouldn't the same rule apply? As much as I hate -ism's, isn't ageism a form of discrimination? I'd think it should be frowned upon just as much as any other discrimination.

Ron Paul and his campaign may not call the media down on this discrimination, but I think every time the media does it we should call them down!
    Last edited by civusamericanus; 08-08-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    Don't worry. We can all laugh over our drinks at an election night party when Wolf and the rest of the "Best political team on TV" break down the incoming primary results on Super Tuesday. I hate that $#@!ing touch screen they use.
    I can't wait for first place to say "55% other"
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

musicmax

Quote Originally Posted by civusamericanus View Post
    If an anchor spoke ill about a man because he was handicapped, homosexual, black, chinese, or Muslim, they would be in jepordy of losing there job.

P.S.: It's "jeopardy" and "their".

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whites are the new second class citizens these days.

MOD NOTE: Misleading information. Mary Madeline said Republicans usually go with the oldest white guy, who is Mitt Romney. Wolf corrected her and said that would be Ron Paul.