View Poll Results: What will the fedgov do, print or abolish?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Print large denomination bills, Zimbabwe F Yeah!

11 34.38%
  • Cashless economy, bring it on.

21 65.63%

Thread: Will the feds print larger denomination bills, or force a switch to a cashless economy?

Exclamation Will the feds print larger denomination bills, or force a switch to a cashless economy?

The $100 limit, (Thanks again, Nixon ) on printed money is fast becoming obsolescent, when it takes just one to fill a large gas tank or take a family of four out to dinner.

So, simple question:

Will the feds print and issue larger denominations as the wheels continue to fall off?

Or, will they use this as an excuse to push even harder for a cashless economy (and the total surveillance that comes with that)?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-08-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's all about implanting microchips into people. I don't think a new currency will be issued after the dollar unless they think the public isn't ready to accept the microchips. But another terrorist attack (this time, of course, by a white libertarian tea partier) will get the masses right back in line for whatever totalitarian measures the government wants to enact.

Honestly, I'm not aware of too many people who carry much more than $300 or so at a time aside from drug dealers & pimps. Plastic gives cash back, 0% APR on debt, and greater protection from theft. ATMs spit out $20s, anyway. The USG could probably take out the $100 & $50 bills without much fuss from the public. So, I'm voting for cashless.

This will force a global fiat currency.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

What about a Global Fiat Cashless World?

Everything you do is tracked, monitored, and sold. Zero Privacy. ANd when they get pissed at you for any reason, they just put a hold on your bank account. Zero Control. Bartering for anything will probably be made illegal. Cops kill so many for the most trivial of infractions. Lemonade Stands are illegal. Growing your own garden is illegal. Natural Foods are illegal.

Currency has always been used as a tool for control. The next replacement currency suggested by the Banksters will not change. It will be worse than anything we've encountered before. If they can achieve total control over every aspect of your life, then ultimately they can control you. If you wont submit, then your grandchildren will.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Most people I know of, under the age of thirty never carry cash anyway. So we already have one foot in a 'cashless' society.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The $100 limit, (Thanks again, Nixon ) on printed money is fast becoming obsolescent, when it takes just one to fill a large gas tank or take a family of four out to dinner.

So, simple question:

Will the feds print and issue larger denominations as the wheels continue to fall off?

Or, will they use this as an excuse to push even harder for a cashless economy (and the total surveillance that comes with that)?
    I was thinking of this a couple of evenings ago . Will the quarter one day be a five dollar pc. instead ? Cashless would fail in rural America , people would start using something else . For instance , guarantee you my auto mechanic would accept many different types of payment...

I think they will end up ushering in a global currency, with some kind of initial tie to gold, to fool people.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

So, simple question:

Cashless, with the added benefit of total surveillance.

There was a time when it was easy to pay cash for a car, even property. Not anymore.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I think they will end up ushering in a global currency, with some kind of initial tie to gold, to fool people.
    Possible,
    I expect a Global currency, I also expect a cashless society.
    Though not the "bring it on".

I am opposed. (though likely powerless to stop it)

Revelation 13:17
    Last edited by pcosmar; 08-08-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I'm surprised by the results here. I definitely think they'll go the big bills route.

Cashless gives them more control than creating larger denominations. They dont care about the cash, the value of it, the real goal is total and ultimate control. Well, thats my opinion anyway.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

They're going to push for cashless, but without pulling the cash. So, the cash will become too scarce to do the job, resulting in an odd disconnect between the fact that it's as worthless as tree leaves but not easy to come by. Could be amusing.

If they push too far, they'll find us bartering and get pissy about it.

Anyone up for a replay of the old Confederate quip? 'We used to take our money to the market in our pocket and bring the groceries home in a basket. Now we take the money to market in a basket and bring our groceries home in our pocket.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Au, Ag, Pt, Rh, Cu, Ni, Al
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

most people don't even use fifties or hundreds, so I don't see a larger denomination until that happens.

what might force it is if fewer people have bank accounts due to restrictions and fees.

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    This will force a global fiat currency.
    They have been working on it, but I don't think they can accomplish that goal no matter how hard they try even if people clamor for it.

What Has Government Done to Our Money? by Murray N. Rothbard
    Money in a Free Society
    We have learned that all money has originated, and must originate, in a useful commodity chosen by the free market as a medium of exchange.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We are already over 90% cashless. What the government would like to get people to spend are those billions of golden dollars that Congress ordered the mint to produce and are mostly all simply sitting in vaults. Yes over a bilion with a "b". They had to build a whole new vault just to store them in. $300 million in costs just to mint them- so far (at 30 cents each). http://www.npr.org/2011/06/28/137394...t-nobody-wants By the time they get through all the dead presidents (you can't put living presidents on US money by law), there could be some 2.5 billion in storage. (they were supposed to save money by replacing paper dollars with them- they cost more than paper ones to produce but last longer- problem is people don't seem to like to use them).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-09-2011 at 04:20 PM.

I believe we are headed to cashless which I would not mind so much if it did not mean total surveillance. Hopefully by then there will be some successionist states or regions I can relocate to that have their own currency or competing currencies.

I think I'm going to cover my bets and go into business selling wheelbarrows and EMP bombs.

I mean seriously peeps - when this country goes the way of Zimbabwe, what are we going to cook with and use for TP? We need that paper.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Possible,
    I expect a Global currency, I also expect a cashless society.
    Though not the "bring it on".

I am opposed. (though likely powerless to stop it)

Revelation 13:17
    I am opposed as well and thought of the same thing... they can mark me down as a non participant .