Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 31 US troops killed in Afghan helicopter crash

31 US troops killed in Afghan helicopter crash

This is the highest number of troops killed in one day since war started.

Afghan president: 31 Americans killed in crash
    By SOLOMON MOORE - Associated Press | AP – 53 mins ago

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — A helicopter crash in Afghanistan's eastern Wardak province killed 31 U.S. special operation troops and seven Afghan soldiers, the country's president said Saturday. It was the highest number of American casualties recorded in a single incident in the decade-long war.

President Hamid Karzai sent his condolences to President Barack Obama, according to a statement issued by his office.
    http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-preside...093236195.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very sad for 31 families.

We just need to hurry up and find Osama bin Laden and then get out of there.

Make sure to leave a comment mentioning how Ron Paul will get our troops out of harm's way in Afghanistan.
    Ready to find a new job or change careers? Visit http://www.jobwaltz.com for premium job search assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    We just need to hurry up and find Osama bin Laden and then get out of there.
    Word is that he's hiding in one of those caves. They're bound to find him soon.
    The Golden rule: Those that own the gold make the rules.

If We the People fail to independently audit Fort Knox, then how will we know the amount of Tungsten backing the FRN?

Just in: Most of the seals were in the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden. Coincidence?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-06-06-27-19

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStanart View Post
    Just in: Most of the seals were in the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden. Coincidence?

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Coincidence?
    No.

Dead men tell no tales.

I wonder if some of the Seals were about to spill the beans...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if this will translate to more people in the military donating to Ron Paul.

Either way, may these soldiers rest in peace...
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by libertyfanatic View Post
    I wonder if some of the Seals were about to spill the beans...
    Hoping someone missed the flight,then. Or recorded testimony beforehand.

Pretty slim hope for sure.

There is no doubt quiet discussion among those on the periphery and those that are knowledgeable.
    Hope for leaks.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Kinda like the survivor Chip Tatum with Operation Red Rock ?

"Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Hoping someone missed the flight,then. Or recorded testimony beforehand.

Pretty slim hope for sure.

There is no doubt quiet discussion among those on the periphery and those that are knowledgeable.
    Hope for leaks.
    If there is a recorded testimony it will probably be destroyed. I agree, hope for leaks.

This was not metioned in earlier report. In comments to the news report, some people were seeing it as a conpiracy to stop leaks but I find it hard to believe that Leon Panetta and Obama could sanction killing of US military personnel or Seals.

All the articles i've seen say it was shot down.

Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Leon Panetta and Obama could sanction killing of US military personnel or Seals.
    Why,
    Why would you find it hard to believe.

Gulf of Tonkin
    USS Liberty
    WMDs in Iraq

Waco Raid
    MK Ultra

Operation Northwoods (planned but not carried out)
    http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART...orthwoods.html

What is hard to believe in light of history, and known modus operandi ?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

None of the 22 SEAL personnel killed in the crash were part of the team that killed bin Laden in a May raid in Pakistan, but they belonged to the same unit.
    Regardless... 31 (some reports saying 30?) lives lost that did not have to be.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshineplease View Post
    All the articles i've seen say it was shot down.
    Short term memory loss?
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_16...-10391695.html

"Catch all" suspects.
    http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...w=1163&bih=579
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Regardless... 31 (some reports saying 30?) lives lost that did not have to be.
    This is true. They should not be there at all.
    The Russians learned the hard way,, "we" still have not.

like the SYF
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The Chinook went down trying to rescue American caught in a firefight according to the Pentagon.

My other post reflect directly to this... 3 other NATO/Americans troops died in the firefight the seals were advancing to... can you say "SETUP" by the Taliban?
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    The Chinook went down trying to rescue American caught in a firefight according to the Pentagon.

My other post reflect directly to this... 3 other NATO/Americans troops died in the firefight the seals were advancing to... can you say "SETUP" by the Taliban?
    If that is so, (doubts) then it is about the stupidest and tactically unsound move made. (suicidal even)

You don't bring a slow moving and highly vulnerable aircraft into a hot zone. There are far better options. and aircraft that are built especially for ground support missions.

Again,, not passing smell test.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

So a guy posts the following in a CCW forum I frequent; he is getting called just about every name in the book:

perhaps if they werent killing folks and risking their lives for globalist and corporate interests, they'd still be alive. sorry to have to be a dick, but it is what it is. don't gimme that BS about "defending our freedom" or "killing folks to give you the right to type this message." the only people threatening my first, second, fourth, sixth, ninth, and tenth amendment rights is my own government, and these guys were on their side, not mine, even if the majority of them might have never realized it. i have little sympathy for hired guns, this had nothing to do with defending our country. yeah, i just badmouthed dead seals, go on and flame me. i spoke my mind.

my heart goes out to their families.

Dupe
    Last edited by madengr; 08-06-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madengr View Post
    So a guy posts the following in a CCW forum I frequent; he is getting called just about every name in the book:
    Linky plz?

Might want to sign on to defend him.

Too many gun sites are festering holes of "nuke 'em all and turn it into a glass parking lot" mouth breathers.

Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    This was not metioned in earlier report. In comments to the news report, some people were seeing it as a conpiracy to stop leaks but I find it hard to believe that Leon Panetta and Obama could sanction killing of US military personnel or Seals.
    Why,
    Why would you find it hard to believe.

Gulf of Tonkin
    USS Liberty
    WMDs in Iraq

Waco Raid
    MK Ultra

Operation Northwoods (planned but not carried out)
    http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART...orthwoods.html

What is hard to believe in light of history, and known modus operandi ?
    Forgot a few Pete:

Operation Shad.

Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment.

Human radiation experiments.

Field testing of LSD on unsuspecting populations (Project Third Chance and Derby Hat)

Just recently, injecting adulterated vaccines into Pakistan's population to track "terrorist genetics".

The list is quite long.

Government has no problem infecting, shooting, bombing and killing it's own people and troops.

It has been revealed, literally, hundreds of times that it has been done in the past.

Scoff and dismiss this at your own peril.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-06-2011 at 08:49 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Forgot a few Pete:

Operation Shad.

Field testing of LSD on unsuspecting populations (Project Third Chance and Derby Hat)

Just recently, injecting adulterated vaccines into Pakistan's population to track "terrorist genetics".

The list is quite long.

Government has no problem infecting, shooting, bombing and killing it's own people and troops.

It has been revealed, literally, hundreds of times that it has been done in the past.

Yeah,,well. I got - repped for being a nut as it was.

What can ya say???
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Forgot a few Pete:

Operation Shad.

The list is quite long.

Add another one - Britain's 7-7-7 bombing

NVM, I see you have it well under control.

He's been registered 3 years longer than you.

You guys can pile on Apheod all you want, but he's right. This whole war is a sham. This country is pumping 10's of billions into Pakistan all the while their intel agencies are hiding Bin Laden. You are far more likely to die by cop or government than a terrorist. I'm more worried about being tasered, beat, or shot by an agent of the state than some goat herder 8,000 miles away.
    So using the same logic, it's respectable that so many Germans died while serving for the fatherland? Wouldn't it be more respectable if they died against the fatherland? Was it honorable for the BATF who died at Waco, serving their country whilst burning up kids. Maybe there is difference between dying for your countrymen and dying for your government.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Add another one - Britain's 7-7-7 bombing
    Here's a few more:

Operation Ajax: Got rid of a pro-western, anti-communist president and brought in the brutal Shah that killed over 200,000 Iranians

Operation Gladio: Hundreds of bombings carried out in Europe during the Cold War to be blamed on 'communists'. Popular targets: school buses, schools, and religious buildings.

Gulf of Tonkin: Fairy-tale attack that launched the escalation of combat operations in Vietnam. 58,000+ Americans killed, thousands wounded physically/emotionally, 2-3+ million dead Vietnamese.

Radioactive testing: Read 'The Plutonium Files'
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Yeah,,well. I got - repped for being a nut as it was.

What can ya say???
    One +rep to bring ya back up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast