Thread: A militarily weak US government could have saved us trillions of taxpayer dollars

A militarily weak US government could have saved us trillions of taxpayer dollars

CBS News first identified Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi as "Curveball" in a 2007 investigation of "one of the deadliest con jobs of our time."

Although U.N. inspectors found no evidence to back up al-Janabi's claims of a biological weapons program, the Bush administration still relied on the bogus evidence to start a war that's led to over 100,000 deaths (plus millions of refugees fleeing the terror which we call war )

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecut...out-wmd-claims

And the wars could cost the US as much as $4 trillion to $6 trillion ( that is five hundred thousand million dollars plus eleven times the same amount of five hundred thousand million dollars )

http://www.stripes.com/blogs/stripes...llion-1.120054

CONCLUSION :

If the US government was militarily weak like Switzerland, even if Al-Janabi lied to us, would the US government have had the power to go to war against Iraq and if it could not, today we would have saved trillions of dollars ( projected ) and saved hundreds of thousands of lives

including saving the lives of tens of thousands of our soldiers who have either died horrifying deaths or were injured or maimed or are suffering from PTSD

and valuable resources could have been directed to saving millions of Americans lives because right now, millions of Americans are dying every few years while cancer funding research is being cut right now

http://www.aacr.org/home/public--med...h-funding.aspx

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have nukes. What do we need troops for?

Seriously though, we can definitely stand to cut military spending by 50% or more and still adequately defend our borders from foreign invaders.
    "I must speak, that I may find relief; I must open my lips and answer. I will not show partiality to any man or use flattery toward any person. For I do not know how to flatter, else my Maker would soon take me away."
    -Job 32:20-21

What was wrong with your other thread on this subject? If you're a one-subject poster, make a thread and stick to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by yourviewpoints View Post
    CBS News first identified Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi as "Curveball" in a 2007 investigation of "one of the deadliest con jobs of our time."

Although U.N. inspectors found no evidence to back up al-Janabi's claims of a biological weapons program, the Bush administration still relied on the bogus evidence to start a war that's led to over 100,000 deaths (plus millions of refugees fleeing the terror which we call war )

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecut...out-wmd-claims

And the wars could cost the US as much as $4 trillion to $6 trillion ( that is five hundred thousand million dollars plus eleven times the same amount of five hundred thousand million dollars )

http://www.stripes.com/blogs/stripes...llion-1.120054

CONCLUSION :

If the US government was militarily weak like Switzerland, even if Al-Janabi lied to us, would the US government have had the power to go to war against Iraq and if it could not, today we would have saved trillions of dollars ( projected ) and saved hundreds of thousands of lives

including saving the lives of tens of thousands of our soldiers who have either died horrifying deaths or were injured or maimed or are suffering from PTSD

and valuable resources could have been directed to saving millions of Americans lives because right now, millions of Americans are dying every few years while cancer funding research is being cut right now

http://www.aacr.org/home/public--med...h-funding.aspx
    The actual conclusion is we'd be rich but under the control of a foriegn power. Hmmm, rich slaves are slaves none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by virgil47 View Post
    The actual conclusion is we'd be rich but under the control of a foriegn power. Hmmm, rich slaves are slaves none the less.
    Slaves to whom ?

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

What is missing from your post is who will fill the vacuum of power when the US is not there.

Would you like to have seen a more powerful Russia take over leadership of the world? Maybe China? more likely Japan, or Perhaps the UK would be the dominant power.
    Last edited by Liberty4life; 08-16-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Remember humans are people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty4life View Post
    So if in your perfect world you think a weak America would result in world utopia? am I far off?
    Not a utopia but a America that is prosperous, just, friendly, healthy, admired around the world and not making enemies :

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...g-to-the-world

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Slaves to whom ?
    Whomever is willing to spend the money on their military!

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Yes weakness in the face of aggressive militaristic foriegn entities that would love to rule you is indeed dumb.

Free mental health testing should be optional unless they want to buy guns. Would you let a person like Brevik buy a gun ?
    From your identical position I suspect you are PubJohn47?, recreated right after banning.
    Is this true?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Yes weakness in the face of aggressive militaristic foriegn entities that would love to rule you is indeed dumb.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Well it does happen to those who feel but do not think. It does happen to those that refuse to consider all of the possibilities. It does happen to those that are either unwilling or afraid to protect themselves.

Well it does happen to those who feel but do not think. It does happen to those that refuse to consider all of the possibilities. It does happen to those that are either unwilling or afraid to protect themselves.
    Who said anything to that effect? You're just trying to put words in others' mouths here.

Further, you claimed "Yes weakness in the face of aggressive militaristic foriegn entities that would love to rule you is indeed dumb."-implying that paring the military down to a reasonable, affordable, and cost-efficient size is "weakness". It's not. You are, as you would say, "feeling rather than thinking". That is why you fail.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-04-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Should a ghost town have a Sheriff and deputies?....

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Should a ghost town have a Sheriff and deputies?....
    Only if the Sheriff is duly elected by the ghosts. And the deputies are also ghosts.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    From your identical position I suspect you are PubJohn47?, recreated right after banning.
    Is this true?
    yourviewpoints
    Banned
    would seem so.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Who said anything to that effect? You're just trying to put words in others' mouths here.

Further, you claimed "Yes weakness in the face of aggressive militaristic foriegn entities that would love to rule you is indeed dumb."-implying that paring the military down to a reasonable, affordable, and cost-efficient size is "weakness". It's not. You are, as you would say, "feeling rather than thinking". That is why you fail.
    Perhaps you should reread the op's post. Being militarily weak was indeed the premise of his discourse was it not? Weakness is not something we as a nation should strive for as it invites attack.

Perhaps you should reread the op's post. Being militarily weak was indeed the premise of his discourse was it not? Weakness is not something we as a nation should strive for as it invites attack.
    What we have here is someone trying to get us to alienate G.O.P. voters with our anti-imperialism. But, as the sign said, FAIL. No libertarian Constitutionalist is anxious to have the nation taken over from without any more than we're pleased it was taken over from within.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What we have here is someone trying to get us to alienate G.O.P. voters with our anti-imperialism. But, as the sign said, FAIL. No libertarian Constitutionalist is anxious to have the nation taken over from without any more than we're pleased it was taken over from within.
    Absolutely. And I think that was what Virgil was trying to point out to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Absolutely. And I think that was what Virgil was trying to point out to the OP.
    Actually, I think he was trying to point it out to the voluntaryist. But, yes.

Facepalm your own self, hb. Virgil is absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Facepalm your own self, hb. Virgil is absolutely right.
    And, hb, speak for yourself when you talk about epic fails happening to all of us.

I see my point has been totally missed. I have nothing against actual defense. But the current arrangement is more offensive than defensive. It's not realistic in the real world to abandon defense. You should all be allowed to have whatever army you want to pay for. I would certainly pay into a true defense system. I am against the current ridiculously overblown, overpriced MIC.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-05-2011 at 10:54 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am against the current ridiculously overblown, overpriced MIC.
    I, too, am against six hundred dollar hammers and five hundred dollar screws. I, too, am against rampant imperialism. But these things have no place in this thread. This thread is a troll thread about weak defense. It's a trap, and I would hope we're all too smart to fall into it. I would hope that...

I see my point has been totally missed. I have nothing against actual defense. But the current arrangement is more offensive than defensive. It's not realistic in the real world to abandon defense. You should all be allowed to have whatever army you want to pay for. I would certainly pay into a true defense system. I am against the current ridiculously overblown, overpriced MIC.
    +rep. 250 million guns means it's unlikely anyone would try to take us over. And we could have a strong defensive military without having much offensive capability. Regardless once we go broke it won't matter. We'll all be like "Wasn't it cool how we were strong enough to defend ourselves militarily before we became too broke to afford even the fuel for the jets and ships and stuff?"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    +rep. 250 million guns means it's unlikely anyone would try to take us over. And we could have a strong defensive military without having much offensive capability. Regardless once we go broke it won't matter. We'll all be like "Wasn't it cool how we were strong enough to defend ourselves militarily before we became too broke to afford even the fuel for the jets and ships and stuff?"
    Russia is an interesting example. At the last May Day parade in Red Square, only one type of vehicle on display was in service during the Cold War. We may laugh at them now, but they are using the collapse as a means of reform.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Russia is an interesting example. At the last May Day parade in Red Square, only one type of vehicle on display was in service during the Cold War. We may laugh at them now, but they are using the collapse as a means of reform.
    Wouldn't it be a sick joke if after all our crowing about "winning the cold war", Russia and China ended up being the world's only superpowers?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Wouldn't it be a sick joke if after all our crowing about "winning the cold war", Russia and China ended up being the world's only superpowers?
    Fortunately for us, they are still very limited in their ability to project power more than a couple of hundred miles beyond their borders. But the irony is not lost on me.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Indeed!