Thread: A Teacher's Perspective on Matt Damon's Reason TV Teacher Rally Interview (l0l)

A Teacher's Perspective on Matt Damon's Reason TV Teacher Rally Interview (l0l)

Read the comments from the public school teacher's side. Assuming they are teachers or supporters since the channel supports them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFHJkvEwyhk&feature=aso

Its worth noting that they cut everything else out of Reason's entire segment.

They wouldn't want people to hear that someone actually suggested spending ONE BILLION DOLLARS PER STUDENT:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-(Matt-Damon)-)
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by specsaregood; 04-09-2012 at 09:10 PM.

I like Matt Damon's 10-dollar-words. "Intrinsically paternalistic". And then he goes on to say "$#@!ty".

Just wait until he discovers the word antidisestablishmentarianism. He'll be using it all the time to impress the girls at frat parties.

And he only thinks teachers get a lousy salary because compared to him, everyone who works for a living does.
    The Golden rule: Those that own the gold make the rules.

If We the People fail to independently audit Fort Knox, then how will we know the amount of Tungsten backing the FRN?

There's no need to give any deference to the opinions of these idiots. Acting isn't a profession that requires any intellectual prerequisite and mindless fools like Matt Damon shouldn't even be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Unelected View Post
    There's no need to give any deference to the opinions of these idiots. Acting isn't a profession that requires any intellectual prerequisite and mindless fools like Matt Damon shouldn't even be taken seriously.

1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Guys, PLEASE tweet @PennJillette, asking him to do a video rebuttal to defend the libertarian reporter! He will 100% do a video on this if a few people ask. I've already sent one.. like this:

@pennjillette Please do a rebuttal to this! A libertarian reporter is under attack by media after questioning Matt Damon! http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2011/08/0...-lesson-video/

A $#@!ty salary... really long hours?

Teachers in my area in their first year, straight out of college, with a bachelors degree, and NO experience start at over $41,000 per year. They get full medical and begin earning retirement shortly after starting... so, "$#@!ty salary"???
    Long hours... I don't get off for the summer, two or three weeks at christmas, a week at thanksgiving, a week or so at spring break nor does my work day end at 3pm or so... give me a frikkin break.

Teachers do a job I would not want to do (and I have a teaching certificate)... I don't want to babysit your kids all day (sorry, part of the day). We have to end this perception that teachers are "overworked and underpaid"... its just BULL!

But, let's also be fair here... the "reporter" and her questions are pretty lame and obviously leading. She was trying to trap Damon and she kinda asked for the response she received. Damon's an idiot... but so's the reporter!
    And, Matt Damon... doesn't he hang out with Ben Affleck... another intellectual giant?

Quote Originally Posted by AZKing View Post
    I like Matt Damon's 10-dollar-words. "Intrinsically paternalistic". And then he goes on to say "$#@!ty".

Just wait until he discovers the word antidisestablishmentarianism. He'll be using it all the time to impress the girls at frat parties.

And he only thinks teachers get a lousy salary because compared to him, everyone who works for a living does.
    The irony is that many liberal minds are misguided in asking government to play God thus unconsciously relinguishing their liberty in exchange for the security of an intrinsically paternalistic entity to take care of them. They never look at the gun pointed at someone's head along the way to create big daddy government to take care of us; from each according to his abilities and to each according to his need. Hath the 20th century taught us nothing??

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.