Thread: Botnet Researcher's bias

Botnet Researcher's bias

Gary Warner, the so-called security expert who "discovered" that Ron Paul's on-line support was from bots, refers to Dr. Paul as a "deluded pseudo-Republican" on his blog. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

http://garwarner.blogspot.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hahahaha.... okay, I love how these people completely out themselves with their OWN political biasness.

WOW! I am completely bewildered why these people have the authority to make press releases.

Does this guy also research the obvious HUMAN BOTS that plague MSM with the SAME CORRUPT politicans?

Unfortunately, the first result on Google News today about "Ron Paul" is these botnet articles.

Oh well. Let's throw our collective bodies and forces on New Hampshire and show them a mindblowing botnet.

Quote Originally Posted by rjl View Post
    Gary Warner, the so-called security expert who "discovered" that Ron Paul's on-line support was from bots, refers to Dr. Paul as a "deluded pseudo-Republican" on his blog. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

where does it say that?

i wouldn't be surprised at all if the people putting these Ron Paul botnets out there are in fact being paid for by someone whose interests certainly ARE NOT Ron Paul's. But the media will not differentiate or try to get to the bottom of where these are coming from, and the won't accept our research and proof that these are not coming from us.

What we have to do is show them that it truly doesn't matter - we'll keep getting new converts each and every day. 10 for every person turned off by this "Ron Paul Spam."

We don't need spam to promote Ron Paul, and they know it. Keep spreading the truth and the truth will speak for itself.

This is just another 2-bit ploy by people 2-steps behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by KewlRonduderules View Post
    where does it say that?

It's in his post titled, "First 2008 Presidential Spam Campaign."

where does it say that?
    Here:

I thought it odd when I logged in to my computer this morning and found an email in which someone declared Ron Paul to be the winner of the Republican Debate yesterday, but then, I have all sorts of odd friends. By the time I had received my fifteenth copy of the email, I knew this was something more than a deluded pseudo-Republican. I thought at first this was a virus, but now it seems to be a plain ole Spam Campaign.

WTF?

Why, sir, are you fueling this $#@!s by visiting their websites?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdida View Post
    Here:
    I think he was referring to a supporter would be this "deluded psuedo-Republican", not Ron Paul himself.. bad either way, tho.. definately reveals his bias.. "I have all sorts of odd friends"
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

where does it say that?
    Does Ron Paul suddenly have a strong support base among foreign computer owners with strange names and multiple personalities? or is it possible we have the First 2008 Presidential Spam Campaign?

I thought it odd when I logged in to my computer this morning and found an email in which someone declared Ron Paul to be the winner of the Republican Debate yesterday, but then, I have all sorts of odd friends. By the time I had received my fifteenth copy of the email, I knew this was something more than a deluded pseudo-Republican. I thought at first this was a virus, but now it seems to be a plain ole Spam Campaign.

The question, I suppose, is what should be done about it? Will we see fans of other campaigns hiring out spam campaigns devoted to extolling the views and records of their candidates? Will there be an evolving message body on the Ron Paul spam to keep pace with the upcoming events on the campaign trail? Its too early to tell, but we will continue to document the trend from the Spam Lab at UAB.

Here's the body of the email . . .

This.

I hear Swift Boats coming our way. Get ready for battle.

WOW! I am completely bewildered why these people have the authority to make press releases.
    Authority? A few bucks and a click on PRWeb is about all it takes to put out a PR. Given the subject matter, the MSM was probably drooling. LOL!
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

request retraction in a new article

ebomb - editor@wired.com (everyone except LibertyEagle -he'll wait for the campaign to do it )
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

Quote Originally Posted by freelance View Post
    Authority? A few bucks and a click on PRWeb is about all it takes to put out a PR. Given the subject matter, the MSM was probably drooling. LOL!
    true
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

I hate to admit it guys, but what this dude says is all true. There is a botnet. I am the ringleader. Call me, the puppetmaster... or, botmaster, whatever you think is cooler.

My legion of bots have frequently been commanded to spam e-mail addresses, perform DOS attacks on specific websites, and make me breakfast each morning before I leave for work. Yes, my botnet is a wonderful thing, but that doesn't make it right, what I've done here. My little army of bots and I are deeply sorry for any trouble we've caused. Now that we've been outed, I've decided to set the bots free, and withdraw myself from the spotlight.

Sincerely,
    slantedview

(BTW: The above statement was sarcastic, in case you couldn't tell).
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by slantedview View Post
    I hate to admit it guys, but what this dude says is all true. There is a botnet. I am the ringleader. Call me, the puppetmaster... or, botmaster, whatever you think is cooler.

My legion of bots have frequently been commanded to spam e-mail addresses, perform DOS attacks on specific websites, and make me breakfast each morning before I leave for work. Yes, my botnet is a wonderful thing, but that doesn't make it right, what I've done here. My little army of bots and I are deeply sorry for any trouble we've caused. Now that we've been outed, I've decided to set the bots free, and withdraw myself from the spotlight.

Sincerely,
    slantedview

(BTW: The above statement was sarcastic, in case you couldn't tell).
    Better be careful, the MSM might think you are serious especially FAUX news.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what if there is a botnet, controlled be ye 'ole run of the mill spammer, and they have to decided to use Ron Paul in the spam because they think it has better chance of getting opened? Silver lining: spammers think RP's support is big enough to use him as a spam subject. Just like hot girls want you, etc.
    "It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance." - Murray N. Rothbard

I find it puzzling that reports of a couple spam emails were reported on this forum just this week.
    Suddenly (within days) there is spam discovered all over the web.
    There was NO spam when we were being accused of spamming polls, and now that Dr.Paul's real support is being recognized, these botnets appear.
    Something stinks.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Something stinks.
    You might be right. How easy would it be for us to trump up some Giuliani spam e-mail allegations? So easy...
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007