Thread: Talk to me about the Ruger 22

Talk to me about the Ruger 10/22

I'm thinking of getting a Ruger 10/22. Any opinions on it? I've heard good things so far.
    Last edited by Rael; 08-02-2011 at 07:57 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    I'm thinking of getting one. Any opinions on it? I've heard good things so far.
    Which one?

A Mark III would be nice.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Which one?

A Mark III would be nice.
    Bah, I should have clairified. I meant the 10/22 rifle.

The 10/22 is probably the best all around .22 LR semi-automatic on the market. I have one, and I use it regularly for all manner of small game hunting, general target shooting, and it can even be used for home defense. One .22 won't stop a man all by itself, but 100 round magazines are available for the 10/22 and it can be fired at a rate of about 5 rounds a second by a practiced shooter.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

buy it, not the stainless steel version

Dont have one of those but I have a mini 14 and I love it.. Ruger makes some great firearms.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I have heard a lot of mixed opinions about these rifles. I have never shot one, so cannot speak from first hand perspectives.

That said, Thompson Center's 22 rifle is an absolute tack driver. For the money, perhaps the best 22 on the planet... but still not inexpensive at something like $350. It is, however, phenomenally accurate.

Another, lower cost alternative is the Remington 597. I will not buy Remington on principle, but I have shot this rifle and was holding 1" groups at 100 yards on a bipod with no effort. I was impressed.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I've had a couple Rugers- a 9mm and a .357.
    Both good guns.
    "......that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force....."
    -Thomas Jefferson,Kentucky Resolutions of 1798

http://www.jpfo.org/
    III

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Both the 10/22 rifle and the Mark series pistol are recommended (well, not recommended exactly, but used in competition, which is more convincing to me) by the U.S. Olympic Team. Don't know what more you need to know. Except that the company has a sterling reputation for quality.

Don't have a 10/22 as I get by with an old rifle I got from my father, and sentiment trumps all. That said, I do love putting thirty rounds in a two liter bottle from fifty yeards just because the Ruger Mark II and I can. If you can put a bullet right where you want it, the .22 LR round and a Ruger are in my opinion the way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...