Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel Hannan, British MEP, on Gary Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Is there some reason someone promoted this to the front page?
    Looks like it was removed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    So basically he supports Tea Party lite.

Rubio, Ryan, Cain, Pawnlenty, and McConnell?
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Then, he lists a bunch of status quo establishment politicians, with the exception of DeMint.
    Yes, that list is suspicious.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hannan also supported Obama over McCain. I guess judging American politicians just isn't his forte. I would think he's more attuned to the politics of his own government.

I really like Gary and would be supporting him if RP wasn't running.
    "Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Right, if you want to start killing off the old people because they cost too much for little benefit.
    *confused*

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    Why would anyone want a politician from a different country endorsing them?
    why not?
    http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/
    http://freeliberal.com/

Would be bothered to care if Johnson wasn't polling between *-1%, getting refused entry to debates for low levels of support and had all of $6,000 cash on hand at the end of the last fundraising quarter.

Johnson is right there with Fred Karger and Buddy Roemer in the 'waste of time candidate' category.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 08-03-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Honestly I do not get all the Gary Johnson bashing (which is the same exact bashing I saw on Ron Paul and his supporters in 2007/8). Just like Paul he is not perfect, but he is on our side.
    http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/
    http://freeliberal.com/

Hannan is a British politician. Not American. I remember seeing him admit that he doesn't always have all the facts and sometimes makes his comments only based on the limited picture he sees from across the pond.

That being said an endorsement for Gary is not a bad thing. Obviously I don't see Gary going anywhere in 2012 but he's got a lot of the right ideas. In a perfect world he would be my number one this go around.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

And still the libertarians view him as a ticket to a libertarian utopia. I may not be one, but if i were of the libertarian faction, i woud dismiss "GARY JOHNSON" as a shill and a bad compromiser. Johnson supports faux free trade (NAFTA CAFTA) which muscles out our manufacturing base. Johnson is a fitness fanatic more than a person willing to be a president (might as well see him on a infomercial selling "Libertarian Workout or LW). Yes, he built himself a big business. So what, RP ran a business that bellied up, yet RP still espouses his genuine views concerning Austrian economics, Fair Taxation and metaphysical-realist knowledge on ancient and modern forms of currency (AKA Stable Fiat,Gold Standard, Tally Stick). And to think libertarians and the tea party look to Gary Dumbo, Michelle Bachmeister and godfather's pizza guy is mind numbing, confusing and all around idiotic. John Hospers is now rolling in his grave, and Milton Friedman is angry. May America know who to choose on in 2011. Because we might not have an america left in 2012. So while you can, indulge in everything american american. Because you will be fighting with a gun and a knife with blood on your hands. I'm Done, thats a rap

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by redbluepill View Post
    Honestly I do not get all the Gary Johnson bashing (which is the same exact bashing I saw on Ron Paul and his supporters in 2007/8). Just like Paul he is not perfect, but he is on our side.
    I can only speak for myself, but he has royally pissed me off by his derogatory comments towards Ron Paul. Just like Bob Barr, he seems unable to tout his own platform and earn support. He instead seems to believe that they only people he can possibly appeal to are the people who support Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    Hannan is a British politician. Not American. I remember seeing him admit that he doesn't always have all the facts and sometimes makes his comments only based on the limited picture he sees from across the pond.

That being said an endorsement for Gary is not a bad thing. Obviously I don't see Gary going anywhere in 2012 but he's got a lot of the right ideas. In a perfect world he would be my number one this go around.
    I don't think this was an 'endorsement'. It was a positive discussion. 'More libertarian' in the minds of most is just descriptive, not necessarily good.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Excuse me, but what the hell? He didn't mention Ron Paul at all. What's up with that? Then, he lists a bunch of status quo establishment politicians, with the exception of DeMint.

I honestly don't get this. He used to be all pro-Paul.
    He did mention Ron Paul in the original article, the person who quoted him on this site removed it. Cain isn't a politician (and he seems to have no idea what he's talking about most of the time). Walker is pretty good, he's an alright Governor compared to the rest.

Hannan is a friend of Reince Priebus and part of the British Conservative delegation to the Republican Party, so he's pretty friendly with the establishment. The extremely progressive conservatives in his own country make even Romney look like a libertarian.

Hannan is liberty-minded and understands Austrian economics, but I'm not sure if I would call him an actual libertarian, at least by the American definition. He is fairly hawkish with Iran.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12