Thread: Cowboys and Aliens

Cowboys and Aliens

So Ron Paul always talks about sound money. He says we should have competing currencies. He says that the market will decide which money to use. This goes over some peoples' heads. They say why would I want to carry around a heavy metal. They say what's the difference? Paper is paper right, .

Well now we know the real reason. Sound money is good not because it's actually worth something or that it can be traded in for something just as valuable. We now know that aliens covet gold. In the latest movie Cowboys and Aliens, the aliens came to earth to extract our gold and to experiment on us humans to detect our weaknesses so they can extract our gold easier.

I think this is proof enough that sound money is the way to go. If gold is good enough for aliens why isn't it good enough for us?
    -Ancap-

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Really? The aliens come to Earth for our gold? If so, awesomeness. I gotta see that.

Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    Really? The aliens come to Earth for our gold? If so, awesomeness. I gotta see that.
    haven't seen it, but this movie reeks of NWO.

The aliens hate us for our freedoms - two freedoms in particular. They hate us for our freedom of religion, and they hate us for the freedom of our women.

/ghoul
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Gold does not hold intrinsic value, and good let some aliens come and take all the gold, then people will stop worshiping it. Hey, maybe God can throw a giant gold meteor at us just for the lulz. Maybe half the Asteroid belt is nothing but giant gold lumps floating around.

If you look at National Economies throughout history that use Gold as a currency, versus Nations that use paper "credit," the ratio of failure is not in Gold's favor.

To say we should replace the dollar with just more currencies to "float" with and against one another, to somehow create "competition" and let the market decide, is incompetent. Floating Exchange Rate Systems never work, and always fail/fall really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by -C- View Post
    Gold does not hold intrinsic value, and good let some aliens come and take all the gold, then people will stop worshiping it. Hey, maybe God can throw a giant gold meteor at us just for the lulz. Maybe half the Asteroid belt is nothing but giant gold lumps floating around.

If you look at National Economies throughout history that use Gold as a currency, versus Nations that use paper "credit," the ratio of failure is not in Gold's favor.

To say we should replace the dollar with just more currencies to "float" with and against one another, to somehow create "competition" and let the market decide, is incompetent. Floating Exchange Rate Systems never work, and always fail/fall really hard.
    What are you suggesting? I'm not sure gold is the right answer but I do think a currency needs to be tied for something. I would like to be able to use something else besides USDs to pay for things. I would like to use the money that worth the most (so I could use less of my currency for more product). Are you just ranting against people that like gold? What's your beef? I think people just say gold because many communities used it. It's hard to break apart gold (counterfeit) and print more (unless you dig for it). So what's your problem?
    -Ancap-

I heard the cowboys win.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Yeah, the aliens die. The aliens looks pretty bad ass except for the little retard hands that come out from the inside.
    -Ancap-

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You really need to stop listening to internet economists. To say that something has no intrinsic value is the same as saying 'that which you could not even give away to anyone for free". Most things you can think of you could find someone willing to take it if you gave it away, I can think of very few which you could not, and gold certainly isn't one of them.
    Here is a pretty good article on on it, http://www.thestreet.com/story/10973...sic-value.html

Quote Originally Posted by bwlibertyman View Post
    Yeah, the aliens die. The aliens looks pretty bad ass except for the little retard hands that come out from the inside.
    So then just another remake of War of the Worlds then.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    So then just another remake of War of the Worlds then.
    Well those were huge 50-100 foot aliens iirc. These are probably 10 feet high. Pretty mean and badass.
    -Ancap-

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    I heard the cowboys win.
    Not since the mid-1990s.

VS.

Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

At the risk of spoiling the movie, does it ever explain why they are after gold? Are they having fiat money problems on their home planet? lol
    -Molinarian-

lol, no. They're just going from planet to planet killing the beings and taking the gold.
    -Ancap-

Quote Originally Posted by bwlibertyman View Post
    What are you suggesting? I'm not sure gold is the right answer but I do think a currency needs to be tied for something. I would like to be able to use something else besides USDs to pay for things. I would like to use the money that worth the most (so I could use less of my currency for more product). Are you just ranting against people that like gold? What's your beef? I think people just say gold because many communities used it. It's hard to break apart gold (counterfeit) and print more (unless you dig for it). So what's your problem?
    My beef is the floating exchange rate system is entirely broken, and like the "idea" that went behind using gold and silver as currency, the idea that they are "fixed," should be applied to the exchange rate of currencies. A fixed exchange rate system, no floating madness. It makes no sense at all.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How determines what this fixed rate is? Why should gold sell for 30 dollars an ounce or 1000 dollars an ounce? I'm not sure I'm convinced that one person a group of people should be able to determine that rate. I like the idea of the market setting the rate. I have no problem of it changing like currencies change daily.
    -Ancap-

Should a group of people or any one person be able to determine anything? Oh....and this is pretty much what I was getting at....

Should a group of people or any one person be able to determine anything? Oh....and this is pretty much what I was getting at....
    I'm not really aware of any "sound money" currency explicitly failing. I'm aware of many that were destroyed/shifted to paper because the coins were clipped or other things of that nature, but I'm not aware of any resource/hard asset currency failing.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    You really need to stop listening to internet economists. To say that something has no intrinsic value is the same as saying 'that which you could not even give away to anyone for free". Most things you can think of you could find someone willing to take it if you gave it away, I can think of very few which you could not, and gold certainly isn't one of them.
    Here is a pretty good article on on it, http://www.thestreet.com/story/10973...sic-value.html
    So let me get this straight. You just told me to stop listening to "internet economists." Then directly afterwards you link me an internet article about economics. You sir, are an idiot.

Arklatex

My friends there comes a time when you realize that there may be something that you have not been told.

I'd think this would be apparent to those who have found the light with Ron Paul.

I don't preach but point.

We are all One Substance vibrating at different rates.