Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Retired sheriff, "I'm ashamed for ever having been a law enforcement officer"

Exclamation CA - Retired sheriff, "I'm ashamed for ever having been a law enforcement officer"

Why would he say that?

Because of this:

That's what's left of his "homeless" son, after being beaten, ultimately to death, by Fullerton CA cops.

Hat tip to flightlesskiwi and Carehn for the story.

I wanted to highlight his father's remarks in this thread.

And, also, once again, DO NOT CALL OR TALK TO COPS.

Any encounter with a cop is to be treated as a "danger close" situation that could go sideways in a second and end up with you or a loved one bleeding out to death in a hospital.

ETA - http://www.youtube.com/user/friendsforfullerton is the YouTube channel for all videos concerning this subject.

Videos and photos at link.

Police Violently Beat ‘Gentle’ Homeless and Mentally-Ill Man…to Death

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/poli...graphic-image/

Posted on July 27, 2011 at 9:30pm by Billy Hallowell

The local community in Fullerton, California, has been shaken by the violent death of Kelly Thomas, a homeless man who suffered from schizophrenia. On July 5, a local student caught some raw footage of police officers utilizing a Taser to subdue Thomas after he purportedly resisted arrest. According to sources, the man was beaten so profusely that he was placed on life support and then died several days later.

Since the incident, Thomas‘ family has held protests outside of the police department’s headquarters, but has yet to receive any substantial answers. His father, a former sheriff’s deputy, is distraught and has even stated that he is ashamed for every having ever been a law enforcement officer. The family, in their grief, claim that the man, though mentally ill, was not violent; others corroborate the notion that Thomas was “gentle.” Below, find some reaction from his family members (from to KABC):

“It was gang-involved, the way I see it, a gang of rogue officers who brutally beat my son to death.” – Ron Thomas (father)
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-05-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wonder if Oathkeepers will stage a local protest.

Thanx for the post.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

this one just hurts. they all hurt, but this one, for some reason, just hurts me really badly. maybe it's the video paired with the photos. i dunno... that a group of people could do this to another human. that a group of people got paid to do this to another human. (i mean, i do know-- dehumanization indoctrination paired with narcissism)

thanks, AF.

Another totally unnecessary tragedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

AF-you've posted before that it is lawful resist unjust arrest. Is it lawful for a third party to use martial force to help an innocent person who is being assaulted by a cop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    Thanx for the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    this one just hurts. they all hurt, but this one, for some reason, just hurts me really badly. maybe it's the video paired with the photos. i dunno... that a group of people could do this to another human. that a group of people got paid to do this to another human. (i mean, i do know-- dehumanization indoctrination paired with narcissism)

thanks, AF.
    Thank you guys for posting it first.

I agree, this one broke through the "numbness" for me as well.

If this guy loved his son so much, why was he homeless? Was it by choice? Did they feel like their son was too old to move back in and was just being irresponsible by ending up homeless? I ask out of ignorance.

Regardless, what those cops did was inexcusable. A guy who weighs 140, they have to beat to death? I remember getting arrested after drug possession, and I was 6'3" and a dead solid 270 lbs as a bodybuilder. I had no trouble with those cops, but a malnourished guy needs six cops on him, and, not only that, but beat him to death to subdue him? Ridiculous.
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon." - Rorschach

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    AF-you've posted before that it is lawful resist unjust arrest. Is it lawful for a third party to use martial force to help an innocent person who is being assaulted by a cop?
    Sorry, HB I missed that question.

Off the top of my head I'd say no, from a practical standpoint I'd definitely say no, stepping up to restrain a beating like this in progress will likely get you shot.

Let me consult one of my legal sources on that.

However, that's the law.

The reality is that the time is going to come when we will have to do something, that the injustice right in front of our eyes will necessitate stepping in and doing something to stop it.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-29-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Any encounter with a cop is to be treated as a "danger close" situation that could go sideways in a second and end up with you or a loved one bleeding out to death in a hospital.
    Anti Federalist -
    Thanks so much for pointing this out again ... it cannot be said often enough anymore. Folks, please for you own safety DO NOT CALL THE COPS for any reason. The new cops have been trained to protect themselves first and ask questions later.

Sadly, this is a recent development from my experience. Years ago, Sheriff Andy Taylor (a fictional sheriff) did not allow his deputy Barney Fife to carry a loaded firearm. Barney was instructed to keep one bullet in his pocket so he could have it if necessary. Sheriff Taylor did not carry a gun at all. While it was all fiction, it was pretty much sureal for the times. NOBODY feared the sheriff or the police in those days. The police existed to help.

That is no longer true. Police today are aggressive revenue generators for the Police State. They have high tech cameras on every corner to keep track of citizen's movements to detect any and every revenue generation stream they can locate (legal theft). Do not call them. Do not talk to them. Police are the front lines for the oligarchy. All the cop shows on TV are not a coincidence. Those shows are "continuing education" to control minds. Do Not Call The Police for any reason. They are killing machines... and they will kill if called... that's their job.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

The video gives me hope.

For every tragedy like this that people find out about, there are many more that never get investigated.... and the person gets screwed in court too, if they even make it to court.

Last edited by Mach; 07-29-2011 at 12:44 AM.
    FJB

Very important.

For anyone who doubts this as being 'over the top cop paranoia' or what have you, I highly recommend a police scanner or preferably a multi-band transceiver radio (our times demand it). One or two days listening to the calls that come in from 'concerned citizens' will open your eyes.

The circumstances that AF and others post are enough of course to figure out how these things can go wrong -intentionally or otherwise.

However, hearing these calls for yourself, in real time, and in your own area really drives the point home.

It takes no time at all to hear these calls -and the pitiful amount of information given- and realize how things can go sideways in a second.

Not to mention hearing how the 'levels of professionalism' changes from shift to shift, day to day, cop to cop, and dispatcher to dispatcher. Anyone with a brain and some ears can easily pick up on it.

Thanks always everyone for posting, lets continue to spread these warnings.

I wish this was the last one we ever had to see -but it ain't

Side note:
    Things go horribly wrong when personal safety/responsibility is discouraged.

While growing up in MN rural then city (70's-early 80's), getting in trouble with cops never entered my mind. If I was tempted to mess with someone or steal something the thought was quickly put out of my mind -not because of cops or laws, but because people still knew how to take care of their own selves and their property.

I was raised to respect people and their tendancy to be armed ever more so than a badge/uniform/jail cell.

I imagine it is/was the same for a lot of us 'older' folks.

Bunkloco

I am almost numb to these stories at this point but this one really got to me when the man was crying for his Dad. I am a Father of three and when they are hurt or scared they always call for Mom or Dad and it just broke my heart to even hear a grown man, struggling for life and calling for his Father to come help. God I worry about what world my children are growing up in and if there was anywhere I could think of to go where we could be fully off the grid and away from the rapid decline of our civilization I would be there by tonight.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the article " the police department has retracted its statement that two officers suffered broken bones. Now, they are calling the injuries “soft tissue damage.”

What a bunch of cowardly pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Johncjackson View Post
    From the article " the police department has retracted its statement that two officers suffered broken bones. Now, they are calling the injuries “soft tissue damage.”

Probably from hitting the poor man.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Doesn't self-defence apply to defending the lives of others as well?

Yes you would probably have to make the police stop what they're doing by either the threat of deadly force or by shooting all of those cops - because they'd most certainly kill you otherwise.

Man.... Horrible.... We're in a lot of trouble people
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand."
    - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Quote Originally Posted by Johncjackson View Post

wow
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Doesn't self-defence apply to defending the lives of others as well?

Yes you would probably have to make the police stop what they're doing by either the threat of deadly force or by shooting all of those cops - because they'd most certainly kill you otherwise.

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    For every tragedy like this that people find out about, there are many more that never get investigated.... and the person gets screwed in court too, if they even make it to court.

You know. Back when i was in middle school i dated (as much as dating could be at that age) this girl who's dad was one of the top surgeon of our hospital. I remember that sometimes we would have to cancel a movie because someone had died on his table and I guess it would just crush him to the point where dealing with kids going to movies and such was out of the question for a couple of days. He was a very smart man, and cool as well. I don't think he had much time for BS being on call and dealing with stuff.

I bring it up because I remember he was VERY weary about cops and one time at 7/11 we pulled up and he made us all sit in the van till the cops left the store. We where doing nothing wrong and i just now made the connection that even back in the 90s this surgeon must have seen horrible things that you could only consider unnecessary done to people buy cops.

It would be against the whole dr patient confidentiality thing but i bet you can ask some top surgeons at your local hospitle what they think. You know they get to see most of it.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    You know. Back when i was in middle school i dated (as much as dating could be at that age) this girl who's dad was one of the top surgeon of our hospital. I remember that sometimes we would have to cancel a movie because someone had died on his table and I guess it would just crush him to the point where dealing with kids going to movies and such was out of the question for a couple of days. He was a very smart man, and cool as well. I don't think he had much time for BS being on call and dealing with stuff.

I bring it up because I remember he was VERY weary about cops and one time at 7/11 we pulled up and he made us all sit in the van till the cops left the store. We where doing nothing wrong and i just now made the connection that even back in the 90s this surgeon must have seen horrible things that you could only consider unnecessary done to people buy cops.

It would be against the whole dr patient confidentiality thing but i bet you can ask some top surgeons at your local hospitle what they think. You know they get to see most of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).
    Good information ^^^

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is horrible. Heartbreaking. That poor man... I couldn't watch the video. I just can't. F'n savages.

reason: Homeless Man Dies After Being Brutally Beaten by Five Fullerton Cops
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I just saw the video. It's amazing how every cop that uses a taser must not understand that putting 50k volts in someones body will make them move erratically. It's even more amazing that the cops yell "stop resisting" while tasering people multiple times and expect them to not move (which to them means resisting).

Quote Originally Posted by guitarlifter View Post
    If this guy loved his son so much, why was he homeless? Was it by choice? Did they feel like their son was too old to move back in and was just being irresponsible by ending up homeless? I ask out of ignorance.

Regardless, what those cops did was inexcusable. A guy who weighs 140, they have to beat to death? I remember getting arrested after drug possession, and I was 6'3" and a dead solid 270 lbs as a bodybuilder. I had no trouble with those cops, but a malnourished guy needs six cops on him, and, not only that, but beat him to death to subdue him? Ridiculous.
    The fellow was schizophrenic. Many mentally ill people choose homelessness, I'm no psychiatrist, so I don't know why. I wouldn't judge the father.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    The fellow was schizophrenic. Many mentally ill people choose homelessness, I'm no psychiatrist, so I don't know why. I wouldn't judge the father.
    Didn't you take in a homeless man?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Didn't you take in a homeless man?
    I don't like to publicize my philanthropic works....
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I don't like to publicize my philanthropic works....

Or was I right? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post3417993
    Last edited by Danke; 07-29-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast