Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul goes On the Record with Greta Van Susteren tonight at 10 pm ET

Rand Paul goes On the Record with Greta Van Susteren tonight at 10 pm ET

Senator Rand Paul goes ON THE RECORD at 10pm ! (he is a no vote)
    http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/...-is-a-no-vote/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Paul Ryan on now. Think I'll wait for the tube.

Yep, good interview. He was able to beat back all of Greta's questions skillfully.

He absolutely destroyed Boehner and Obama simultaneously!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great interview! I wish Ron spoke like that

I'd like to see Rand hit the point that this principle isn't about raising the debt ceiling, but rather respecting the ceiling.

If Congress spends it's way towards the debt ceiling like a runaway train, having no intent on slowing down, then they cry for raising the debt ceiling, that means they have fundamentally disregarded the ceiling and show no real concern. And it's not like this train is unmanned. There is someone at the throttle, but they just don't care that they don't have enough track ahead of them.

This train is running out of track and the engineers are blaming us for not constructing more track. They claim that we are going to cause a crisis if we don't give them what they need to keep moving. The crisis isn't that there's no more track. The crisis is that they're running the train like the track is never going to end. And then they use it's momentum as leverage to force us to give them more track.

But if all we're going to do is spend and raise the debt ceiling time and time again, then there is, for all practical purposes, no ceiling at all. To them, the debt ceiling is just an illusion, and then they try to convince the American people that we who oppose raising the debt ceiling are the bad guys for holding them to law. And the debt ceiling is law. It doesn't need to change. Their spending must change.
    Last edited by enjerth; 07-27-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Great interview! I wish Ron spoke like that
    What the hell are you talking about? In my opinion Ron is a much better speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRobbStark View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? In my opinion Ron is a much better speaker.
    I think it depends on what you mean by that statement.

Ron may be the more articulate speaker for libertarians, viewers of ronpaulforums.com, and those who have read the literature of the movement. Let's just say he doesn't mince words and says exactly what needs to be said, even if it goes above the head of your average person.

Rand is unequivocally the better speaker for mainstream America and for those who don't necessarily identify as a "libertarian"... hence why so many blowhard neo-cons and Bush Republicans LOVE Rand but hate Ron...it's really not even close tbh. The brilliance of Rand is how well he understands this and packages his message to reach more people...Rand's ability to "play politics" is also why he is the number 1 public enemy of progressives, while Ron isn't even on their radar.
    Last edited by ronaldo23; 07-28-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo23 View Post

Ron may be the more articulate speaker for libertarians, viewers of ronpaulforums.com, and those who have read the literature of the movement. Let's just say he doesn't mince words and says exactly what needs to be said, even if it goes above the head of your average person.

Rand is unequivocally the better speaker for mainstream America and for those who don't necessarily identify as a "libertarian"... hence why so many blowhard neo-cons and Bush Republicans LOVE Rand but hate Ron...it's really not even close tbh. The brilliance of Rand is how well he understands this and packages his message to reach more people...Rand's ability to "play politics" is also why he is the number 1 public enemy of progressives, while Ron isn't even on their radar.
    Yup, I agree.

Quite true!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

That makes sense. I guess it depends on the viewers background knowledge.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

+1

Ron often goes over people's heads. Initially, I had to read up on some things before his quick rants made any sense to me.

Ron only converts people who are intellectually curious by nature

Rand is far more effective at reaching the soundbite crowd
    Last edited by DeadheadForPaul; 07-28-2011 at 01:47 AM.

She was very close to attacking him there, but then pulled back at the last moment. "except principle" Eventually, I think they are going to go back to Paul-bashing in these kinds of interviews. I wonder how long that will take.

"I can't vote for any plan that doesn't balance."

Mark it down:

• Has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

He'll be running on this for President one day.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadheadForPaul View Post
    +1
    Ron often goes over people's heads. Initially, I had to read up on some things before his quick rants made any sense to me.
    Ron only converts people who are intellectually curious by nature
    Rand is far more effective at reaching the soundbite crowd
    Of course the vice versa is that Rand often goes over the heads of the "intellectually-curious" Ron fans; who can't manage to read between the lines.

Yes, that's very true. While I think that Ron is still the best candidate in the GOP primaries, I'm probably one of the few people on these forums who's a bigger fan of Rand than Ron. Rand simply comes across as being more mainstream, and he also has a few slightly different positions than Ron on the issues where I don't agree with Ron. Gitmo, military tribunals, and the death penalty are a few I can think of. Overall, I think that Rand just does a much better job of reaching out to conservative Republicans than Ron does.

That was great.

Rand is one of those clear-speaking and clear-thinking communicators like Reagan who has the power to effectively persuade opinion and frame the debate. Like Reagan, Rand has the ability to communicate libertarian ideas in a way that average people who don't have a background in Austrian economics can understand.

It's not very often that you have the twin virtues of 1. principle and 2. being able to effectively communicate the ideas of principle.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 07-28-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Of course the vice versa is that Rand often goes under the heads of the "intellectually-curious" Ron fans; who can't manage to read between the lines.
    fixed for ya?
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Last couple of answers captured here. So right on.

What can the president do to show to your satisfaction ... that he is leading on this issue [regarding the debt ceiling negotiations]?

Well, the first thing he would do if the president were a true leader is he would take default off the table. It shouldn't even be considered. It's really an obligation, a constitutional obligation, to pay for your debts, to pay the interest on your debt.

How does he take that off [the table] if we don't have any more money to borrow to pay our bills?

Well, it's interesting that we actually do. We bring in about $200 Billion a month in tax revenue, our interest payment is about $20 Billion. We have more than enough money that comes in every month in tax revenue to pay the interest on our debt. We can't pay for everything, [but] we can pay for Social Security also; [the president] should quit scaring the senior citizens. And we can also pay for our soldiers' salaries. And we can pay for another $70 or $80 Billion dollars worth of government; we just couldn't pay for all of government.

But [the president] could take default off the table and then this wouldn't be such a crisis situation. He's manufactured a crisis, and if we don't have an arrangement by August 2nd, and there is a dip in the stock market, the blame lies squarely on his shoulders for allowing this crisis to happen and actually encouraging this crisis.
    Last edited by georgiaboy; 07-28-2011 at 09:18 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    fixed for ya?
    I don't think so. it displays an inability to parse the statement correctly; so I think "over" is still the correct word to use.

yeah, I caught your innuendo and agree - just playin' around.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Did she really say "how can you take that off though, if we don't have any money to BORROW to pay our bills" @ 4:25?
    A vote against Ron Paul is a vote for Obama

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...22#post4013522

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance...it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Rand really breaks it down for the average person to understand.

i have always wondered what is wrong with her mouth

that was a great video wow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast