Thread: Could the attacks on 9/11/01 have been prevented ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Could the attacks on 9/11/01 have been prevented ?

We could easily have prevented the September 11 terrorist attacks, if we had done the following :

(1) Not got involved with the "Muhjahadeen" to oust the Soviet Union from Afghanistan....

..Osama Bin Laden's life was transformed by the experience he had in Afghanistan.

You could say his ideas of jihad were "born again" in Afghanistan and the aid the US government gave the Muhjahadeen went a long way to helping this "born again" experience.

Osama Bin Laden himself stated that the ousting of the Soviet Union was the will of Allah (he did not mention that without the help of the US government, he would not have been able to oust the Soviet Union from Afghanistan)

and this so called "Will of Allah " experience against the Soviet Union encouraged him immensely and gave him the courage to later go after the US

but if Bin Laden was defeated in Afghanistan against the Soviets ( which was very possible if the US government did not help ) then Bin Laden might have concluded that it was not Allah's will to go after super powers,

or Bin Laden might to this day still be too busy fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan and not be able to use Afghanistan as a training base for attacks on the US or Kashmir

(2) Not got involved in ousting Saddam Hussein from Kuwait, restoring the cruel dictatorship in Kuwait and protecting the cruel dictatorship in Saudi Arabia who live hedonistic lifestyles.

Saddam Hussein was anti-religious and ready to sell oil to the West.

In fact during the oil embargo of the seventies, when Arab nations restricted the sale of oil, Saddam Hussein went against the embargo and sold oil to the west.

According to the Duelfer Report, Saddam (in the late nineties) through his officials told Charles Duelfer (special adviser to the CIA) that he wanted to start a dialogue with the US and wanted to be America's best friend in the Middle East.

If Saddam Hussein were to have taken over the middle east (which is next to impossible), he would have eradicated fundamentalist Islam that breeds terrorism, checked the regional aspirations of Iran and sold cheap oil to the US.

President Reagan told Saddam Hussein to stop supporting Palestinian groups in the early eighties and then President Reagan removed Iraq from the list of state sponsors of terrorism.........this is another of several examples that Saddam wanted to be our ally.

The CIA knew about the consequences of the Iraq war and the subsequent sectarian violence :

http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/forum...p=93515#p93515

and yet the US government invaded Iraq even though during the 80s when Saddam Hussein was at his worst and actually using WMD, there was not one CIA report stating that Saddam Hussein was a threat to the US.

(3) Not sanctioned Iraq.... ..Osama Bin Laden points to UN reports, that the US government sanctions on Iraq was the cause of half a million Iraqi children dying prematurely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_sa...ld_death_rates

(4) not sold weapons to Israel... ...Osama Bin Laden points to the fact that US government made weapons were used by the Israeli govt. to kill Palestinian men, women and children through collateral damage .

http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle7204.htm

(5) reinforced pilot doors and had air marshals on every flight, like Israel did long time ago.

(6) Not setting up bases in Saudi Arabia. IF THE US GOVT. HAD NOT GOT INVOLVED IN THE GULF WAR, THE US GOVT. WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TROOPS IN SAUDI ARABIA..

The presence of US government troops was the "straw that broke the camel's back".

What did Osama Bin Laden see in the presence of US government troops in Saudi Arabia ?

The only way to see what Osama Bin Laden saw is to go back in time to read and see what Osama read and saw.

What motivated Osama Bin Laden to declare "war" on the US government ?

Please note : I do not agree with Osama Bin Laden and Osama should have followed the teachings of Christ in not retaliating against any kind of provocation, just as the US government should have dealt with the attacks on 9/11/01 by treating it as a criminal act instead of launching a war that killed tens of thousands of civilians all with the purpose of supporting the profit agenda of the corporate welfare system of the military/industrial complex by launching the extremely costly "terror of war" because of 9/11.

Some of the conclusions reached from reading Osama Bin Laden's fatwas and from the first-ever television interview with Osama Bin Ladin which was conducted by Peter Arnett in eastern Afghanistan in late March 1997 :

(1) Osama Bin Laden read about the US govt. fire and atom bombing Japan in 1945 when Japan was already defeated as early as July of 1944 when Tojo resigned and Japan was negotiating concessions to the communists but FDR did not care about communists either killing tens of millions of civilians or that the crushing of Japan enabled communism to expand in Asia resulting in hundreds of thousands of US soldiers either dying horrifying deaths or being maimed, disfigured, deformed, blinded or paralyzed for life during the cold war.

(2) Osama Bin Laden read about US/Allied POWs in Japan and hundreds of thousands of Japanese children being terrorized, tortured and burned alive in the US government's fire and atom bombings of Japan and must have concluded that if FDR/Truman did not care about the plight of their own US soldiers captive in Japan who were being killed by the US government's atom and fire bombings of Japan and since FDR/Truman did not care about the lives of hundreds of thousands of Japanese children and babies, why should Osama bin Laden care about lives when strategic goals were more important

( this is how both state and non-state terrorists think and I do not agree with the way they think ).

(3) Osama Bin Laden read about the US government in the 50s overthrowing a democratically elected Mossadegh of Iran and eventually the Shah terrorized his own people in Iran, thanks to the military support given by the US government

(4) He read about the US government in the 60s, arming the Israeli government that used those very US weapons to collaterally kill Palestinian children and babies

(5) He saw the US government in the 70s using napalm, agent orange and carpet bombing Vietnam and Cambodia, collaterally killing hundreds of thousands or even millions of civilians

(6) He saw the US government in the 70s supporting cruel, murderous dictators like the Shah of Iran who used US government weapons to cruelly suppress and torture the Iranian people

(7) He saw the US government in the 80s siding with the "christian" militias in Lebanon, the very christian militias that massacred Muslims

Another example Osama Bin Laden gives is the UN, Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International reports in 1996 that blamed the Israeli government using US government weapons to deliberately or carelessly kill women and children in the UN compound near Qana, a village in Southern Lebanon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_shelling_of_Qana

(8) He saw the US government in the 80s supporting cruel dictators like Saddam Hussein

(9) He saw the US government in the 90s imposing cruel sanctions on Iraq resulting in UN reports stating that half a million Iraqi children died prematurely due to the sanctions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_sa...ld_death_rates

(10) He saw that the cruel Saudi dictatorship was being supported by the US government , the very dictatorship that tortured dissidents who opposed the stationing of US troops in Saudi Arabia

(11) He saw that the US government never left any country in which it had troops in ( example; US troops still present in Germany and Japan, even after the war had ended decades ago)

(12) He saw that warnings to the US government to withdraw its troops from Saudi Arabia were ignored

(13) He saw that the only way to get US troops out of Saudi Arabia was to launch a terror campaign

(14) He saw that his terror campaign against the US had failed and US troops still remained, in Saudi Arabia, 9 years after the gulf war had ended

(15) He saw that the only way to get the US government to withdraw its troops from Saudi Arabia was to launch an attack on the US homeland on 9/11/01

(16) He saw that the US government finally gave into his demands to withdraw troops, only after the 9/11 attacks, and US troops finally left Saudi Arabia in 2003, almost 13 years after the gulf war had ended

Placing US government troops in Saudi Arabia deeply affected Osama Bin Laden and the Saudi religious leadership because of the historical record of the US govt. in its dealings in the middle east and elsewhere.

An analogous way of looking at it would be the US government's involvement in Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan because the Soviets had their "presence" in those countries and the US govt. was "afraid" communism would spread if the Soviets were allowed to have their presence in Vietnam, Korea and Afghanistan

and thinking along the same lines, Al-Qaeda does not want the US government's military presence in any Muslim country, especially "holy" Saudi Arabia because Osama was afraid the US govt would continue supporting the cruel Saudi dictatorship's crack down on dissidents.

So just as the US government was trying to prevent communism from spreading by being militarily involved in Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan; Al-Qaeda wants to get "militarily" involved in preventing the US government's support of cruel dictators in the middle east.

THIS IS THE MAIN MOTIVATION FOR THE SEPTEMBER 11 ATTACKS : US GOVERNMENT'S MILITARY PRESENCE IN SAUDI ARABIA

and the subsequent imprisonment and torture of Saudi dissidents by the cruel Saudi dictatorship that provoked Osama Bin Laden to act.
    Last edited by pubjohn47; 07-26-2011 at 11:22 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In addition to motivations, if the FBI had actually done the job that they are paid to do, they would have nabbed the hijackers who they had already identified! (i.e. Middle-Easterners who had been reported to them, who were saying they didn't want to know how to land the planes).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    In addition to motivations, if the FBI had actually done the job that they are paid to do, they would have nabbed the hijackers who they had already identified! (i.e. Middle-Easterners who had been reported to them, who were saying they didn't want to know how to land the planes).
    Is that enough to arrest someone?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    It's not a matter of being arrested, it was a matter of the FBI agents attempting to investigate these individuals and being shut down by the higher ups.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    It would be enough to start an investigation, maybe get some warrants. And at least some of them had Visa violations.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Go back way before that.(even farther If we had stayed out of WW1)
    If we had not aided the Zionists in their takeover of Palestine.
    If we had not overthrown the Democratically elected (and well liked) leader of Iran.
    If we had not aided Saddam and his rise to power.
    If
    If

If we had just minded our own business...
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Go back way before that.(even farther If we had stayed out of WW1)
    If we had not aided the Zionists in their takeover of Palestine.
    If we had not overthrown the Democratically elected (and well liked) leader of Iran.
    If we had not aided Saddam and his rise to power.
    If
    If

If we had just minded our own business...
    qft!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Well , yes , who would let some pussy with a box knife jack a plane ?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's simple. It could have been prevented if we had not elected psychopathic nuts in the government staging false flag operations against their own people.

Quote Originally Posted by echebota View Post
    It's simple. It could have been prevented if we had not elected psychopathic nuts in the government staging false flag operations against their own people.
    Who knows if they were even elected. The CIA is up to all kinds of nefarious acts regardless of an R or D in the white house

+1

saw that one coming!

long opening thread, easy response!

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , yes , who would let some pussy with a box knife jack a plane ?
    Some people who thought they were involved in a hijack drill
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Before the selective amnesia after 9/11 the media kept warning about the Al Qaeda threat to the US and the threat to the airlines. If you go back to 1996 they closed the airspace over Olympic stadium because of the Al Qaeda threat. As a frequent flier back then I remember all the heightened alerts flying out of Miami due to the Bin Laden threat.

After 9/11 we learn the threat was so bad Al Gore was assigned to do something about airline security. His preliminary report was scathing. Campaign contributions from the airlines saw to the final report.

The summer of 2001 people I know that follow current events thought a terror attack was coming any day and was over due because of all the media warnings. So it seems to me something could have been done about airline security. For example reinforced cockpit doors and arming the pilots.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-27-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Before the selective amnesia after 9/11 the media kept warning about about the Al Qaeda threat to hijack planes and crash them into buildings. Even if you got back to 1996 they closed the airspace over Olympic stadium because of the Al Qaeda threat. As a frequent flier back then I remember all the heightened alerts to airports due to the Bin Laden threat. The threat was so bad Al Gore was assigned to do something about airline security. His preliminary report was scathing. Campaign contributions from the airlines saw to the final report.

The summer of 2001 people I know that follow current events thought a terror attack was coming any day and was over due because of all the media warnings. So it seems to me something could have been done about airline security. For example reinforced cockpit doors and arming the pilots.
    Wow, I was flying quite a bit during that time and I never knew anything about this. Probably too busy and couldn't ever bring myself to read most newspapers at the time because they were all filled with so much statist propaganda garbage (in my eyes). Of course I was well hooked on RP by then.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Wow, I was flying quite a bit during that time and I never knew anything about this. Probably too busy and couldn't ever bring myself to read most newspapers at the time because they were all filled with so much statist propaganda garbage (in my eyes). Of course I was well hooked on RP by then.
    When i think about it more, from what I recall the media reports were generalized Bin Laden threats (meaning anything) was in the national media as well as the closing airspace over Olympic stadium. I can't remember if the airline threat was national news but it did effect me trying to get back home from Miami where it was all over the local news about the airport down there scaring me enough to stay a few days longer until it blew over. I do not remember having that fear flying in and out of anywhere else but it was long time ago.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...but then the Project For The New American Century wouldn't have gotten their new Pearl Harbor.
    "People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome."

– George Orwell

(5) reinforced pilot doors and had air marshals on every flight, like Israel did long time ago.
    The airlines needed only be able to protect their own property in the way they choose (which they’re even less able to now). Airplanes are very expensive investments, and it's in their business interest to protect that investment; and customers prefer the safest air travel. Also, affordable insurance that covers property damage done to others in an accident will require meeting some tight safety standards.
    Last edited by robert68; 07-28-2011 at 12:34 PM.