Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Private Jet

Ron Paul Private Jet

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-campaign.html

It looks as though Ron is a baller now a days. And for anyone who is not familiar with the word "baller", it basically means someone who is big time. This shows the power of his supporter, in terms of raising money. Now that Ron has a "PAC", things could get even more interesting. For all those who think we should stop moneybombs, here is your answer, NO! Although the money bombs haven't hit 6 million in one day, we (the supporters) have consistently raised hundreds of thousands of dollars. We crush every time, so now is NOT the time to stop. Pass this on...
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I understand it is a little jet, no bathroom or anything, but I'm really glad he has it, so he can make more trips.

Per Lew Rockwell Ron is an experienced pilot, too.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-26-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I understand it is a little jet, no bathroom or anything, but I'm really glad he has it, so he can make more trips.
    No grope and scan either, right?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Well we did hold a money bomb for the plane. Im glad to see he is getting to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    No grope and scan either, right?
    Big part of the incentive, yeah.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Per Lew Rockwell Ron is an experienced pilot, too.
    Really?!?! I had no idea Ron could fly?!

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Shadow View Post
    Now THAT would be an awesome photo op

Quote Originally Posted by JamesButabi View Post
    Now THAT would be an awesome photo op
    Indeed it would!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was in the air force.

The Westwind Jet is an Aero Commander they slapped a couple of jet engines on. It is old, rather small and gobbles fuel like a pig.

But... I'd rather have Ron doing this than getting worn out with too much driving. Hopefully, someone has read Tangent's thread and will consider leasing something for RP to travel in.

and... there IS a potty... but you don't want to know what you have to do to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    The Westwind Jet is an Aero Commander they slapped a couple of jet engines on. It is old, rather small and gobbles fuel like a pig.

But... I'd rather have Ron doing this than getting worn out with too much driving. Hopefully, someone has read Tangent's thread and will consider leasing something for RP to travel in.

and... there IS a potty... but you don't want to know what you have to do to use it
    'potty' does not translate to 'bathroom'

However, we're talking 1-3 hour hops here. The point is, he isn't splurging on excess luxury, as Bloomberg tries to make it sound.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-26-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Ron Paul needs a private jet. It's about time.

Dr. Ron Paul's Grassroots Birthday Present.

Dr. Ron Paul's Grassroots Birthday Present.

Happy Birthday Dr. Paul

Obama has Air Force 1, Dr. Ron Paul has NO FORCE 1. "The only legitimate use of FORCE is for the protection of life and property". RP

Gulfstream III $1.5 mil Just fuel up and go. 14 pass business jet. Just talked to the seller and he said he would work with us anyway he could. Richard @ 469-348-8870
    I'm sure we could find a couple of retired US Airforce jet jockeys to fly it. Probably need about $2 mil to cover purchase and related expenses.

Last time we had a blimp, This time lets make it a jet. I trust we can do it if we want to. We have the people with the talent to put this together. Who can take this and run with it? Lets GO FOR IT!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GULFS...0bf42956#v4-40

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post

It looks as though Ron is a baller now a days. And for anyone who is not familiar with the word "baller", it basically means someone who is big time. This shows the power of his supporter, in terms of raising money. Now that Ron has a "PAC", things could get even more interesting. For all those who think we should stop moneybombs, here is your answer, NO! Although the money bombs haven't hit 6 million in one day, we (the supporters) have consistently raised hundreds of thousands of dollars. We crush every time, so now is NOT the time to stop. Pass this on...
    I just don't like how the author focused on "Private Jet" in his title. Private jets already get a bad wrap from Obama when he knocks on the rich and talk radio heads when they try to point out contradictions with green leaning democrats flying in "private jets" to fund raising events...blah, blah, blah.

He needs a King AIr or similar aircraft --- Better fuel economy, but with propellers. Thus no bad "jet" stigma. Technically they are turbine engines, but use propellers for thrust instead of an exhaust gas "jet".

TMike

“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    I just don't like how the author focused on "Private Jet" in his title. Private jets already get a bad wrap from Obama when he knocks on the rich and talk radio heads when they try to point out contradictions with green leaning democrats flying in "private jets" to fund raising events...blah, blah, blah.
    Obama was just talking about how he had invited Willie Mays onto AF1 - big pimp'n...

Truth is, the private jet offers a lot of efficiencies - even Obama cannot deny this. What candidate disagrees and what is their stance on other issues?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Obama was just talking about how he had invited Willie Mays onto AF1 - big pimp'n...

Truth is, the private jet offers a lot of efficiencies - even Obama cannot deny this. What candidate disagrees and what is their stance on other issues?

Awesome that Ron is flying a jet. Maybe when he has Willie aboard his plane he can spring for a pair of longer socks for the say hey kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Well we did hold a money bomb for the plane. Im glad to see he is getting to use it!
    I wouldn't use bomb and plane in the same sentence. The TSA might be reading.

Ron can fly, and walk on water!
    Been a long time....

It sucks that he rides around in a private jet. Rather, he should ride around in a private blimp! From city to city. C'mon, lets all pinch in!!

Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post

Things would be more interesting if Ron was campaigning hard in Iowa, but it doesn't appear that he is...Tpaw, Santorum, Bachmann, Cain, and Gingrich are out campaigning much more than Paul is...Ron needs to spend more time in Iowa to even have a prayer to win 1st. What is it called? "Retail politics?"...that's the game you want to play in Iowa if you are serious about winning! SO Ron, fire up that jet and get back to Iowa tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I wouldn't use bomb and plane in the same sentence. The TSA might be reading.
    yup - no doubt
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand."
    - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHLIED View Post
    Things would be more interesting if Ron was campaigning hard in Iowa, but it doesn't appear that he is...Tpaw, Santorum, Bachmann, Cain, and Gingrich are out campaigning much more than Paul is...Ron needs to spend more time in Iowa to even have a prayer to win 1st.
    Well that's the dumbest thing I've read on this forum in weeks.

PLONK! Into my Ignore List you go!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSHLIED View Post
    Things would be more interesting if Ron was campaigning hard in Iowa, but it doesn't appear that he is...Tpaw, Santorum, Bachmann, Cain, and Gingrich are out campaigning much more than Paul is...Ron needs to spend more time in Iowa to even have a prayer to win 1st. What is it called? "Retail politics?"...that's the game you want to play in Iowa if you are serious about winning! SO Ron, fire up that jet and get back to Iowa tomorrow!
    Except he is touring Iowa, he is in the state at least once a week and while the media can attack Bachmann for never voting, Ron is always representing his district with votes. Also he easily has the best ground game in Iowa right now, you don't see anybody else going out of their way to win Iowa.
    I'm not into politics. I'm into survival.

What did Ron spend the money on in the last election? Private bus or what?
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Maybe the campaign staff all went by the greyhound schedule

I want a Ron Paul action figure with private jet and Constitution.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Richards View Post
    Except he is touring Iowa, he is in the state at least once a week and while the media can attack Bachmann for never voting, Ron is always representing his district with votes. Also he easily has the best ground game in Iowa right now, you don't see anybody else going out of their way to win Iowa.
    Campaigning hard means a lot more than being in Iowa once a week. Sorry if you all disagree. Sure he is doing a much better job than 08. But with Paul hovering around 9%, he has got to do more events across the 99 counties in Iowa. Sure he has a great ground game for turning out the entire 9% BUT if Bachmann turns out half of her 20% or so, she wins...Ron needs to WIN over more supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    4 years ago - him and 3 staffers traveled in a rent 4 door car from city to city in Iowa
    This was badly needed - and I am very happy to see that he has it now.
    God works wonders
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation, I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand."
    - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast