We all know those green pieces of scrap paper are tight these days with the economy and all, so raising extra for donations is tougher yet. Keep in mind though there are so many ways to raise just a couple bucks. It doesn't seem like much, but it all adds up. Even if you scrape an extra $50 together, its 50 more for RP than he had.

I missed the march on Washington in 2008 because I was out of the country. There is another one being planned for this October. Check it out...http://www.thedaythatmadehistory.comMe and my brother and some close friends are not going to miss this one. But a road trip from Upstate Ny to DC isn't cheap. We have begun to collect scrap metal and cash it in at our local scrap yard for some seriouse dough. On Saturday afternoons we have been collecting every piece of metal junk from our family members and friends. Everything from old lawnmowers to old pots and pans.. The plan is to raise money to get us to DC. So far we have been doing great. We will have more than enough to rent a van, pay for gas, etc.

There are so many ways to get a couple bucks together. A 30 pack of empty cans is worth a buck fifty. How many of those do you compile a week, let alone all your friends? Last month I cleaned out my basement and had a yard sale. Some family members gave me some stuff to sell to. Over two days I made just over $350. On useless junk. I had to take my wife out to dinner, gotta keep her happy, and the other $ 250 went to Dr. Paul.

My grandmother plays Bingo every Wednesday at a local senior center. Last election we talked to all them about Ron Paul and they are all behind him 100%. Now that he is running again, every Wednesday, it is "unwritten law" that whoever wins, donates half of the money to his campaign. The average pot size is $300-350.

Like I said, there are so many ways to raise some money, and it all adds up. Be creative, and rake in some loose change for the Dr.