Thread: NY Times: Prosecutors lied and withheld information in Ms Casey Anthony Trial !!!!!

Angry NY Times: Prosecutors lied and withheld information in Ms Casey Anthony Trial !!!!!

Software Designer Reports Error in Anthony Trial

MIAMI — Assertions by the prosecution that Casey Anthony conducted extensive computer searches on the word “chloroform” were based on inaccurate data, a software designer who testified at the trial said Monday.

The designer, John Bradley, said Ms. Anthony had visited what the prosecution said was a crucial Web site only once, not 84 times, as prosecutors had asserted. He came to that conclusion after redesigning his software, and immediately alerted prosecutors and the police about the mistake, he said.

The finding of 84 visits was used repeatedly during the trial to suggest that Ms. Anthony had planned to murder her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, who was found dead in 2008. Ms. Anthony, who could have faced the death penalty, was acquitted of the killing on July 5.

"Mr. Bradley’s findings were not presented to the jury and the record was never corrected, he said. Prosecutors are required to reveal all information that is exculpatory to the defense. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/us...imes&seid=auto

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unbelieveable. They wanted to crucify this poor girl who did nothing wrong. Why did she "need" to tell people in costumes that her daughter drowned. Its family business what to do.

And all the people who want to do stuff to her now is disgusting. Ive gotten into so many arguments about this.

I'm against the death penalty, but I personally think she was guilty, even with this new evidence. Still, what's going to happen to the lying prosecutors now? I'm a bit fuzzy on what the law requires of prosecutors who withhold vital information.