Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For of Those of You that Want Manufacturing Back in the US: Shouldn't you favor QE?

For of Those of You that Want Manufacturing Back in the US: Shouldn't you favor QE?

Title.

Destroying the dollar is a quick way to get manufacturing back in the United States.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueskies View Post
    Title.

Destroying the dollar is a quick way to get manufacturing back in the United States.
    Quick but extremely painful. Americans have gotten used to cheap, disposable clothing, furniture, and electronic toys. They aren't going to like living in the third world.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Now if only factories could be built as quickly as the dollar can be destroyed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quick but extremely painful. Americans have gotten used to cheap, disposable clothing, furniture, and electronic toys. They aren't going to like living in the third world.
    True, but isn't this largely inevitable?

The Bernak can force the issue now. Or we can linger in no-economic-growth land for 10 years until the world finally decides to shake us off and dumps the dollar anyway.

To put it another way: If we lived in a world with no government intervention, the dollar would be significantly weaker than it is now. But we don't live in that world. We live in a world where foreign governments actively fight the market and keep the dollar propped up. Isn't the Bernak simply countering their measures and pushing us towards the free market outcome?

We had a weak dollar the last month and our trade deficit was a record(I think ) 50 billion. It only means we have ship more dollars overseas.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Yes, because countries like China and Turkey are absorbing our inflation. Our trade deficit increased in the same month China's CPI went over 6%. It isn't a coincidence.

They've been absorbing our inflation for years. And its left us with a hollow service-sector based economy and no jobs for the working class.

Its also let our government get too large, because they always have a buyer for their debt and no one will call the bluff.

I've come to conclusion that having a strong currency is good if its earned.

But ours isn't. Its artifical and its doing us more harm than good.

Eating that pizza every day tastes good, but in the long-run, you're going to give yourself a heart attack.

Title.

Just for reference purposes, was the dollar weak or strong at the height of our manufacturing base? Was it weak or strong when we built that same base?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

For of Those of You that Want Manufacturing Back in the US: Shouldn't you favor QE?

I agree... the sooner we get it over with the better. And lobby for legalizing industrial hemp manufacturing.

It was strong at the height of our manufacturing dominance.

This is basic economy theory. Countries with manufacturing might should have a strong currency, and countries with no manufacturing should have a weak currency.

We have no manufacturing base, so we should have a very weak currency. This weak currency would then give us a currency advantage and let our exports build up again, to the point were the currency is strong.

This is basic economy theory. Countries with manufacturing might should have a strong currency, and countries with no manufacturing should have a weak currency.

We have no manufacturing base, so we should have a very weak currency. This weak currency would then give us a currency advantage and let our exports build up again, to the point were the currency is strong.
    So was the dollar weak during the buildup of our "manufacturing dominance"?
    What role do you think our current monetary policy since the 70's has had on our manufacturing base? Has that been a strong or weak dollar policy (seriously, not what they claim it to be).

Quote Originally Posted by cubical View Post
    We had a weak dollar the last month and our trade deficit was a record(I think ) 50 billion. It only means we have ship more dollars overseas.
    I takes a long time for demand for goods to shift enough to be worth building a new factory (or expanding an existing one). It would take a low dollar for several years to get it to have much impact on US export demand (and a decrease in US import demand from abroad). With Canada and China being our biggest trading partners, you need a very noticable drop in the value of the dollar vs them to bring back more manufacturing. The dollar was strong for several decades which encourged them to leave in the first place.

Yes, because countries like China and Turkey are absorbing our inflation. Our trade deficit increased in the same month China's CPI went over 6%. It isn't a coincidence.

They've been absorbing our inflation for years. And its left us with a hollow service-sector based economy and no jobs for the working class.
    Yet their currency has appreciated over 20% against the dollar since 2005.
    BWAAAahahahahaha

(aka, the fabled Mogambo Laugh Of Anger, Outrage And Scorn (MLOAOAS))

***FYI, I am not The Real Mogambo Guru (TRMG)***

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I takes a long time for demand for goods to shift enough to be worth building a new factory (or expanding an existing one). It would take a low dollar for several years to get it to have much impact on US export demand (and a decrease in US import demand from abroad). With Canada and China being our biggest trading partners, you need a very noticable drop in the value of the dollar vs them to bring back more manufacturing. The dollar was strong for several decades which encourged them to leave in the first place.
    True it would take time. But because we don't have to export to import(we only have to print), the numbers won't act accordingly.

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

Our trade deficit increased in the same month China's CPI went over 6%.
    Yes, I had not noticed the obvious connection. Thanks.

Gresham's law is commonly stated as: "When there is a legal tender currency, bad money drives good money out of circulation". or more accurately "Money overvalued by the State will drive money undervalued by the State out of circulation."

The weakening of currencies was planned in order to gain support for NAFTA.

That giant sucking sound happened just as it was foretold only this time it is not Mexico sucking away American jobs. It is China sucking away Mexico's jobs. And jobs from Taiwan and South Korea, Singapore and Thailand, Central and South America, and even from Japan. It's been happening for years now and can be attributed to the rise of illegals in this country. Globalization is entering a fateful new stage, in which the competitive perils intensify for the low-wage developing countries much like the continuing pressures on high-wage manufacturing workers in the United States and other advanced economies. In the "race to the bottom," China is defining the new bottom. The cycle is continuing as more US manufacturing jobs are headed to Mexico (GM) and then on to China.This is going to end ugly and illegals will continue to enter this country as Mexican jobs leave for China. They are redefining the worlds trade as Mexico builds new super ports to accept Chinese goods and Mexican truckers deliver it to Walmart.

Deliberate Manipulation and Planned Devaluation.
    "... the devaluation of the peso had been planned for more than a year and was openly discussed at the highest levels of the Mexican government. It was also widely known in Washington. I discussed it in my testimony before the House Committee on Small Business in March, 1993 - eight months before the North American Free Trade Agreement was passed into law." - Ross Perot, Los Angeles Times, January 4, 1995

The collapse has been foretold and we were even told how they would accomplish it.....the misconceptions and denial in this country are monumental.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    About a year ago I was talking with Technical support (for my computer), and he told me he was from Brazil. I began telling him how many of my Mexican Family were talking about how NAFTA had destroyed their Country.

(NAFTA bought up farm land promising the displaced farmers better money working in the factories only to pull out for cheaper labor in India and China. In their wake they left behind destroyed polluted farm land, empty factories and displaced workers.)

He told me the same thing was happening there. When I told him the same thing happened in the U.S., he was surprised. You see, many foreigners think all Americans are to blame for what has happened to their economy, and think all Americans are getting rich off of their suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by romacox View Post
    He told me the same thing was happening there. When I told him the same thing happened in the U.S., he was surprised. You see, many foreigners think all Americans are to blame for what has happened to their economy, and think all Americans are getting rich off of their suffering.
    About five percent of the world population is getting rich from all the suffering. And they're probably more concentrated in Dubai than here.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

As a libertarian, I am guided more by ethics than creating jobs and increasing the economy.

I takes a long time for demand for goods to shift enough to be worth building a new factory (or expanding an existing one).
    Sep 2001 - Furthermore, according to the Consumer Electronics Association, the DVD player is the fastest-growing consumer electronics product ever. In September 2001, for the first time, DVD player sales surpassed those of VCRs, the industry trade group reported.
    Verizon iPhone Sales Best in History

Verizon’s CEO said that iPhone 4 sales are the best in history, selling more phones during its launch than any other.
    iPad adoption rate fastest in electronics product history

The iPad's current sales rate is approximately 4.5 million units per quarter, according to Bernstein. That tops the 1 million per quarter that the original iPhone sold at launch, and the 350,000 per quarter when DVD players first launched.
    Chalk these up to "Invented and developed by Americans, built by Asians". It takes NO TIME to meet demand for stuff people wanna buy when your government isn't working for the megas and IS working for you.

It would take a low dollar for several years to get it to have much impact on US export demand (and a decrease in US import demand from abroad).
    Bull$#@!. Foreign countries have paid many multiples of the actual sale price for American goods in past decades, when WE were the only ones making the $#@!.

This is because we invent $#@! EVERYONE wants to buy, and always have. The strength, weakness of the dollar notwithstanding, price is irrelevant when cool stuff is in demand.

There are so many examples of this I won't waste time searching it for you.

With Canada and China being our biggest trading partners, you need a very noticable [sic] drop in the value of the dollar vs them to bring back more manufacturing. The dollar was strong for several decades which encourged them to leave in the first place.
    More Bull$#@!. Canada and China are irrelevant. Why would anyone in the world want to buy a Mercedes Benz when they can buy a Toyota Corolla for 1/4 the price?

When you have the most innovative and highest quality products in the world, people camp at your doors wanting to be first in to buy them. Where they are made and how much they cost is irrelevant, so... what is America doing to encourage innovation and invention and why the $#@! aren't the innovations made here? THAT'S the question that needs answered, and the USDX is not the answer.

Bosso

So was the dollar weak during the buildup of our "manufacturing dominance"? I mean if it is "basic economy theory" it must have been right? But for some reason I don't think that is true....

Last edited by Jace; 09-18-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    A weak currency won't bring back American manufacturing. It will only cause prices to rise, especially for energy and food. A weak currency will also accelerate foreign purchases of American companies and property.

Our leaders have larger concerns than the well being of the American people. If you want to understand what's going, you have to think globally.

If you are a central banker and your goal is to set up a global economy as opposed to a national one, you look at the globe and you see that China and India have more cheap workers than you could ever employ. So you set up your factories and labor-intensive industries there. When you look at America, you see cheap farmland.

What we are living through is the intentional de-industrialization of America. They are attempting to politically and economically integrate us into a global economy--one world without borders.

No American job is safe. If you are a factory worker, you can be replaced by a cheaper Chinese worker. If you are a white collar worker, you can be replaced by a cheaper Indian. If you are a plumber, electrician, roofer, cook, etc., you can be replaced by a cheaper Mexican immigrant. This is called a free market for labor.

For the globalist, it didn't make sense for the average American to live so much better than over two billion impoverished Chinese and Indians who are perfectly capable of doing the same work for a whole lot less.

For now, our leaders still want Americans to be soldiers and cops. That's who'll make up the backbone of the American middle class in the next few years.

The danger in all this is if the average American figures out he was better off in the national economy rather than the global one, he might rebel like in 1776.
    I'd say you're a prophet, but in reality, you're probably just paying attention. +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

A weak currency won't bring back American manufacturing. It will only cause prices to rise, especially for energy and food. A weak currency will also accelerate foreign purchases of American companies and property.

Our leaders have larger concerns than the well being of the American people. If you want to understand what's going, you have to think globally.

If you are a central banker and your goal is to set up a global economy as opposed to a national one, you look at the globe and you see that China and India have more cheap workers than you could ever employ. So you set up your factories and labor-intensive industries there. When you look at America, you see cheap farmland.

What we are living through is the intentional de-industrialization of America. They are attempting to politically and economically integrate us into a global economy--one world without borders.

No American job is safe. If you are a factory worker, you can be replaced by a cheaper Chinese worker. If you are a white collar worker, you can be replaced by a cheaper Indian. If you are a plumber, electrician, roofer, cook, etc., you can be replaced by a cheaper Mexican immigrant. This is called a free market for labor.

For the globalist, it didn't make sense for the average American to live so much better than over two billion impoverished Chinese and Indians who are perfectly capable of doing the same work for a whole lot less.

For now, our leaders still want Americans to be soldiers and cops. That's who'll make up the backbone of the American middle class in the next few years.

The danger in all this is if the average American figures out he was better off in the national economy rather than the global one, he might rebel like in 1776.
    that is one scary ass post.
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone who has ever visited PNAC before they were exposed and changed their site would know that "whoever controls the worlds major resources, Oil, Water and Food, controls the world"

Feds buying up farmland they flooded; Soros in on it
    Posted on June 27, 2011
    the federal government is sending out letters to all of the flooded out farmers in the Missouri River flood plain and bottoms notifying them that the Army Corps of Engineers will offer to BUY THEIR LAND.

Executive Order - Establishment of the White House Rural Council
    June 28, 2011 at 1:06 pm
    For Immediate Release June 09, 201

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America and in order to enhance Federal engagement with rural communities, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. Sixteen percent of the American population lives in rural counties. Strong, sustainable rural communities are essential to winning the future and ensuring American competitiveness in the years ahead. These communities supply our food, fiber, and energy, safeguard our natural resources, and are essential in the development of science and innovation. Though rural communities face numerous challenges, they also present enormous economic potential. The Federal Government has an important role to play in order to expand access to the capital necessary for economic growth, promote innovation, improve access to health care and education, and expand outdoor recreational activities on public lands.
    To enhance the Federal Government’s efforts to address the needs of rural America, this order establishes a council to better coordinate Federal programs and maximize the impact of Federal investment to promote economic prosperity and quality of life in our rural communities.

Sec. 2. Establishment. There is established a White House Rural Council (Council).

Sec. 3. Membership.
    (a) The Secretary of Agriculture shall serve as the Chair of the Council, which shall also include the heads of the following executive branch departments, agencies, and offices:
    (1) the Department of the Treasury;
    (2) the Department of Defense;
    (3) the Department of Justice;
    (4) the Department of the Interior;
    (5) the Department of Commerce;
    (6) the Department of Labor;
    (7) the Department of Health and Human Services;
    (8) the Department of Housing and Urban Development;
    (9) the Department of Transportation;
    (10) the Department of Energy;
    (11) the Department of Education;
    (12) the Department of Veterans Affairs;
    (13) the Department of Homeland Security;
    (14) the Environmental Protection Agency;
    (15) the Federal Communications Commission;
    (16) the Office of Management and Budget;
    (17) the Office of Science and Technology Policy;
    (18) the Office of National Drug Control Policy;
    (19) the Council of Economic Advisers;
    (20) the Domestic Policy Council;
    (21) the National Economic Council;
    (22) the Small Business Administration;
    (23) the Council on Environmental Quality;
    (24) the White House Office of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs;
    (25) the White House Office of Cabinet Affairs; and such other executive branch departments, agencies, and offices as the President or the Secretary of Agriculture may, from time to time, designate.

(b) A member of the Council may designate, to perform the Council functions of the member, a senior-level official who is part of the member’s department, agency, or office, and who is a full-time officer or employee of the Federal Government.

(c) The Department of Agriculture shall provide funding and administrative support for the Council to the extent permitted by law and within existing appropriations.

(d) The Council shall coordinate its policy development through the Domestic Policy Council and the National Economic Council.

Sec. 4. Mission and Function of the Council. The Council shall work across executive departments, agencies, and offices to coordinate development of policy recommendations to promote economic prosperity and quality of life in rural America, and shall coordinate my Administration’s engagement with rural communities. The Council shall:

(a) make recommendations to the President, through the Director of the Domestic Policy Council and the Director of the National Economic Council, on streamlining and leveraging Federal investments in rural areas, where appropriate, to increase the impact of Federal dollars and create economic opportunities to improve the quality of life in rural America;

(b) coordinate and increase the effectiveness of Federal engagement with rural stakeholders, including agricultural organizations, small businesses, education and training institutions, health-care providers, telecommunications services providers, research and land grant institutions, law enforcement, State, local, and tribal governments, and nongovernmental organizations regarding the needs of rural America;

(c) coordinate Federal efforts directed toward the growth and development of geographic regions that encompass both urban and rural areas; and

(d) identify and facilitate rural economic opportunities associated with energy development, outdoor recreation, and other conservation related activities.

Sec. 5. General Provisions.
    (a) The heads of executive departments and agencies shall assist and provide information to the Council, consistent with applicable law, as may be necessary to carry out the functions of the Council. Each executive department and agency shall bear its own expense for participating in the Council.

(b) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
    (i) authority granted by law to an executive department, agency, or the head thereof; or
    (ii) functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.
    (c) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.
    (d) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

BARACK OBAMA
    THE WHITE HOUSE,
    June 9, 2011.

The U.S. is not alone on this:

Victorian Government offers to buy back flood-prone farmland
    Wednesday, 27/04/2011
    The Victorian Government is offering to buy back land from some flood-affected farmers around Kerang and Benjeroop in Victoria's north-west.
    It's all part of a $21 million flood package announced today.
    The buyback will be voluntary, and will allow people to move off flood-prone land and re-establish elsewhere.
    Victorian Water Minister Peter Walsh says the land that's bought back will still have productive use, most likely broadacre or dry land grazing.
    Jamie Semmler, whose Benjeroop farm was flooded eight weeks ago, admits he might have been tempted to sell then, but now thinks relocating would be complicated.
    "Shifting a business like a farming business just doesn't happen for nothing," he said.
    "It's not just a case of packing up your house and going.
    "We're in a pretty unique area with having river frontage. I suppose there's some kind of attachment to the property as well."
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...-10-easy-steps

As most Americans stand around waiting for the U.S. economy to return to "normal", there is a never ending parade of jobs, businesses and wealth heading out of the United States. The jobs and businesses that are leaving are gone for good and will not be coming back. This is causing unemployment to soar and government debt to skyrocket but our politicians are doing nothing about it. Instead, politicians from both parties keep insisting that they will solve all of our problems if we will just give them our votes. Meanwhile, American families continue to fill up their shopping carts with cheap plastic crap made on the other side of the world. Globalism is slowly destroying the greatest economic machine that the world has ever seen and most Americans don't even realize it. Today, the U.S. government has surrendered massive amounts of economic sovereignty to global organizations such as the WTO, the IMF and the World Bank. The United States has also entered into a whole host of very damaging "free trade agreements" such as NAFTA that are costing our economy huge numbers of jobs. Our politicians always promised us that globalism would bring us to a new level of prosperity, but instead that "giant sucking sound" that you hear is the sound of the U.S. economy being hollowed out.

Our politicians and the talking heads in the mainstream media always seem to be puzzled as to why there seems to be such a lack of jobs in this country.

But it really is no great mystery.

Jeffrey Pfeffer recently wrote an article for Fortune in which he stated the following....

The U.S. seems to be shocked that its economy isn't creating many jobs, and each monthly report on the unemployment rate and the number of new jobs somehow stimulates more handwringing. I'm not an economist, labor or otherwise, but simple observation suggests one significant contributor to the nation's job crisis -- for a long time, maybe even decades, we have been waging war on jobs and those who hold them.
    That is exactly what the policies of the U.S. government have been doing for decades - they have been waging war on jobs.

Both political parties have been eagerly pushing us into a globalized economy. Both political parties have told us not to worry as thousands of businesses, millions of jobs and trillions of dollars have left the country.

Well, so much damage has been done by this point that more Americans than ever are starting to wake up and realize that maybe globalism is not such a great thing after all.

Here is how globalism has destroyed our jobs, our businesses and our national wealth in 10 easy steps....

#1 Globalism has merged the U.S. economy with economies that allow slave labor wages.

The "minimum wage" became a whole lot less meaningful once we merged our economy with the economies of nations where it is legal to pay workers 50 cents an hour.

American workers have enjoyed all of the cheap products that have come flooding into our shores, but our politicians never told them that globalism would also mean that they would soon be directly competing for jobs with workers on the other side of the globe that are willing to work for 5 or 10 percent as much.

One big, global labor pool means that the standard of living of the hundreds of millions of workers on the other side of the world will come up slightly while the standard of living of American workers will come crashing down at a blinding pace.

Advocates of globalism never can seem to explain how U.S. workers are supposed to compete with teenage workers in Vietnam that often work seven days a week for as little as 6 cents an hour making promotional toys for big corporations.

#2 U.S. companies make bigger profits by sending jobs overseas.

If U.S. corporations can find a place where they can legally pay workers slave labor wages, what do you think they are going to do?

Corporations have a "duty to maximize shareholder wealth" and U.S. government policies actually have the effect of encouraging the offshoring of jobs.

This is even happening in industries that are on the cutting edge of new technology.

Andy Grove, the former CEO of Intel, says that our advanced technology companies are creating far more jobs overseas than they are in the United States....

Some 250,000 Foxconn employees in southern China produce Apple's products. Apple, meanwhile, has about 25,000 employees in the U.S. That means for every Apple worker in the U.S. there are 10 people in China working on iMacs, iPods, and iPhones. The same roughly 10-to-1 relationship holds for Dell, disk-drive maker Seagate Technology (STX), and other U.S. tech companies.
    #3 Globalism has allowed foreign countries to dominate a whole host of industries that used to be dominated by the United States.

U.S. companies are having an incredibly difficult time competing against the low labor costs and the much less stringent business regulations found on the other side of the globe.

In May, the United States spent 50 billion dollars more on goods and services from the rest of the globe than they spent on goods and services from us.

This happens month after month after month.

Every month we get tens of billions of dollars poorer and the rest of the world gets tens of billions of dollars richer.

We are getting clobbered even in industries that we invented.

Do you remember when the United States was the dominant manufacturer of automobiles and trucks on the globe? Well, in 2010 the U.S. ran a trade deficit in automobiles, trucks and parts of $110 billion.

In 2010, South Korea exported 12 times as many automobiles, trucks and parts to us as we exported to them.

How did this happen?

Well, there are a lot of reasons, but one big reason is that the business environment in the United States has become incredibly toxic. Businesses in this country face a nightmarish web of rules and regulations and that is a big reason why so many businesses are choosing to leave this country.

In a recent article for Forbes, John Mariotti made a list of just a few of the bureaucracies that U.S. businesses must contend with on a daily basis....

Medicare & Medicaid
    Social Security
    The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
    Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
    The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
    SEC–Securities & Exchange Commission
    FASB–Federal Accounting Standards Board
    GAAP–Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
    IRS–Internal Revenue Service
    FTC–Federal Trade Commission
    FDA–Food & Drug Administration
    FAA–Federal Aviation Administration
    FCC–Federal Communications Commission
    EPA–Environmental Protection Agency
    EEOC–Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
    FLSA–Fair Labor Standards Act
    NLRB–National Labor Relations Board
    Labor Management Relations Act (The Taft-Hartley Act of 1947)
    OSHA–Occupational Safety & Health Administration
    CFTC–Commodity Futures Trading Commission
    NFA–National Futures Association
    PBGC–Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation
    ERISA–Employee Retirement Income Security Act
    NHTSA–National Highway Transportation Safety Agency
    CPSC–Consumer Product Safety Committee
    NIOSH—National Institutes of Safety and Health
    Employee Retirement Plans 401(k), 403(a) etc.
    IRA–Individual Retirement Account
    USPTO–U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
    ITC–International Trade Commission
    USTR—US Special Trade Representative
    ICE–Immigration & Customers Enforcement
    BLM—Bureau of Land Management
    MSDS: Material Safety Data Sheets
    #4 Jobs and manufacturing infrastructure are being lost at an astounding pace and they are not going to come back.

Jobs and manufacturing facilities are leaving this country at a blinding pace. Nothing is being done to stop this from happening. These jobs are not coming back and they are not being replaced.

Just consider the following statistics....

*The United States has lost a staggering 32 percent of its manufacturing jobs since the year 2000.

*Between December 2000 and December 2010, 38 percent of the manufacturing jobs in Ohio were lost, 42 percent of the manufacturing jobs in North Carolina were lost and 48 percent of the manufacturing jobs in Michigan were lost.

*The United States has lost an average of 50,000 manufacturing jobs per month since China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001.

*Since 2001, over 42,000 manufacturing facilities in the United States have been closed down.

So what are all of those workers doing today?

There are sitting at home trying to figure out what has happened to the once happy lives that they enjoyed.

Today, there are 6.3 million Americans that have been unemployed for more than 6 months. That number has risen by more than 3.5 million in just the past two years.

Right now, it takes the average unemployed worker almost 40 weeks to find a new job. There are not nearly enough jobs for everyone and the competition for the few job openings that are available is brutal.

Only 66.8% of American men had a job last year. That was the lowest level that has ever been recorded in all of U.S. history.

We have millions upon millions of very hard working Americans that are sitting around hoping that someone will give them a job.

But labor costs about 10 percent as much on the other side of the world so that is where all the jobs are going.

#5 Workers without good jobs can't buy houses or cars.

A huge factor in the housing crash has been the lack of good jobs. There are now approximately 10 percent fewer middle class jobs than there were a decade ago.

As competition for jobs increases, wages are being depressed because employers know that they have all the power.

So working class American families are being squeezed like never before.

Only the top 5 percent of U.S. households have earned enough additional income to match the rise in housing costs since 1975. A nice home is becoming out of reach for a lot of Americans.

Meanwhile, the cost of food and the cost of gas continue to rise.

One recent survey found that 9 out of 10 U.S. workers do not expect their wages to keep up with soaring food prices and soaring gas prices over the next 12 months.

#6 If American workers don't have jobs they aren't paying taxes.

Most Americans have no idea how much our trade deficit contributes to our government debt problems. When Americans are not working, they are not paying taxes to support our federal, state and local governments.

In the years since 1975, the United States had run a total trade deficit of 7.5 trillion dollars with the rest of the world.

That is money that could have gone to U.S. workers and U.S. businesses. That is money that taxes could have been paid on.

Instead, our workers are sitting at home and our federal, state and local governments are starving for cash.

#7 Instead of receiving taxes, the government must pay out money to our unemployed workers instead.

We are going to support our unemployed workers one way or another. Either we are going to give them good jobs or we are going to give them welfare payments.

During the recent economic downturn, millions of American workers have been receiving unemployment benefits for up to 99 weeks. It has become soul-crushingly difficult to find a job in America today, and we have developed a whole new class of people that have become totally dependent on the government because they simply cannot find work.

Everywhere you look, government anti-poverty programs are exploding in size.

As 2007 began, there were 26 million Americans on food stamps. Today, there are more than 44 million Americans on food stamps, which is a new all-time record.

#8 As jobs and businesses leave our shores, many of our once great manufacturing cities have been transformed into hellholes.

In a recent article entitled "American Hellholes", I talked about the economic decay that we are seeing all over the United States....

All over the nation many of our greatest cities are being slowly but surely transformed into post-apocalyptic wastelands. All over the mid-Atlantic, all along the Gulf coast, all throughout the "rust belt" and all over the entire state of California cities that once had incredibly vibrant economies are being turned into rotting, post-industrial hellholes. In many U.S. cities, the "real" rate of unemployment is over 30 percent. There are some communities that will start depressing you almost the moment that you drive into them. It is almost as if all of the hope has been sucked right out of those communities. If you live in one of those American hellholes you know what I am talking about. Sadly, it is not just a few cities that are becoming hellholes. This is happening in the east, in the west, in the north and in the south. America is literally being transformed right in front of our eyes.
    #9 The United States ends up borrowing back most of the money that it sends overseas every single month.

Every month tens of billions of dollars of our national wealth gets transferred to foreign countries. In order to make ends meet, our federal, state and local governments end up borrowing gigantic amounts of money from the countries that we have sent our wealth to.

So now we have a national debt that is well over 14 trillion dollars and we owe massive amounts of money to countries like China and Saudi Arabia.

But when we borrow money from other countries that makes us even poorer in the long run. Debt is never the answer to anything.

#10 Foreign countries are using up some of the wealth that we send them every month to buy up our infrastructure.

Most Americans don't realize that our state and local governments are selling off our infrastructure piece by piece. Foreign governments are literally buying pieces of America with the money that we keep sending to them. In a recent article entitled "Our Politicians Are Selling Off Pieces Of America To Foreign Investors – And Goldman Sachs Is Helping Them Do It", I talked about this phenomenon....

State and local governments across the country that are drowning in debt and that are desperate for cash are increasingly turning to the "privatization" of public assets as the solution to their problems. Pieces of infrastructure that taxpayers have already paid for such as highways, water treatment plants, libraries, parking meters, airports and power plants are being auctioned off to the highest bidder. Most of the time what happens is that the state or local government receives a huge lump sum of cash up front for a long-term lease (usually 75 years or longer) and the foreign investors come in and soak as much revenue out of the piece of infrastructure that they possibly can. The losers in these deals are almost always the taxpayers. Pieces of America are literally being auctioned off just to help state and local governments minimize their debt problems for a year or two, but the consequences of these deals will be felt for decades.
    Sadly, neither political party seems concerned about the effects of globalism at all.

In fact, both parties continue to push for even more globalism.

But large numbers of ordinary Americans are waking up.

According to a recent Washington Post poll, only 36 percent of Americans consider "the increasing interconnection of the global economy" to be a positive thing. Back in 2001, 60 percent of Americans believed that the globalization of the economy was a positive thing.

So maybe there is a glimmer of hope.

But until fundamental changes are actually made, globalism will continue to destroy our jobs, our businesses and our national wealth.
    There are some embedded links that I couldnt copy and paste in the article on its original source. If you want to check them out, hit the link...

--- HUMOR ---

How To Spend Stimulus Money
    http://www.rense.com/general94/howtos.htm

Sometime this year, we taxpayers may again receive another 'Economic Stimulus' payment.

This is indeed a very exciting program, and I'll explain it by using a Q & A format:

Q. What is an 'Economic Stimulus' payment ?
    A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q.. Where will the government get this money ?
    A. From taxpayers.
    Q. So the government is giving me back my own money ?
    A. Only a smidgen of it.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment ?
    A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?
    A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.S. economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

* If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China or Sri Lanka
    * If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to the Arabs.
    * If you purchase a computer, it will go to India , Taiwan or China
    * If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico , Honduras and Guatemala .
    * If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea .

* If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan

* If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:

1) Spending it at yard sales, or
    2) Going to ball games, or
    3) Spending it on prostitutes, or
    4) Beer or
    5) Tattoos.

(These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S. )

Conclusion:
    Go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day !
    No need to thank me, I'm just glad I could be of help.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Last edited by Jace; 09-18-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Of course, I agree with this post because it's the basic picture of what is happening to America while Americans live in debt-fueled denial.

I would add a couple of thoughts:

1) Labor costs are largely irrelevant. That meme throughout the 100 year history of the globalists is that everything is the worker's fault. He makes too many demands and too much money. To dispel that baloney, for example, an American cars sticker price includes labor cost of 5%. To ship that same car from Asia completely neutralizes the labor cost differential.

In 1914, Henry Ford revolutionized manufacturing by, among other things, DOUBLING the workers pay and shortening the workday from 9 hours to 8 hours. This move attracted thousands of applicants to his plant, from which he could cull the most skilled and productive workers. The result is history for anyone who cares to investigate Henry Ford's rise from a position of chief engineer at the Edison Electric Illuminating Company to billionaire entrepreneur.

2) IMO, one always has to remember that these lower cost blue and white collar workers are only any competition at all because they have been painstakingly educated and trained by their American counterparts.

A large and essential part of the plan and execution of moving the nearly incalculably massive and high quality US industrial production capacity to Asia in such an incredibly short time was the requirement of sending the top US engineers, plant managers and quality control engineers to Asia to finish their careers teaching and training drones to take over their jobs. I know several of those people and will never forget the stories they told during that decade, and will pass those stories on to my sons for posterity.

3) Last night Tavis Smiley did his show in China where he interviewed a group of Chinese students and their professor. As kindly as they could, the students remarked that their American counterparts were intellectually ignorant because they are lazy (paraphrased). But, they also admitted that Americans are far more creative and that creativity, inventiveness and innovation is not something that generally results from education, but rather is a cultural phenomenon.

Point is that the vast majority of goods the Chinese build and ship has been invented, developed and engineered in the US and built with machinery that has been invented, engineered and built in Germany.

Just as Ford attracted the brightest and best with higher wages and a shorter work week, he also stood as a prime example of the American dream, wherein any citizen, regardless of background and stature, could aspire to become a billionaire through hard work, dedication, inventiveness and innovation.

I highly recommend the book "They Built America" by Harold Evans. It profiles 19th and 20th century American entrepreneurs like Edison, Ford, Giannini (Bank of Italy/Bank of America), the Wright Brothers, Singer, Otis, Whitney, Colt, Goodyear, Eastman, Land, Disney, Watson (IBM), Levi Strauss, Drake and many, many more.

If you don't invent the next best thing and you can't innovate a productive way to distribute it, it matters not what your capacity is. The most productive buggy whip manufacturers that ever existed are all bankrupt and gone.

The Banksters lack inventiveness and innovation. They use the same blueprint for conquest for over 200 years. The used debt based fiat money to gain control of media and government to foster an environment where they have to invent nothing. They just hold the title deed to everything through financial means.

They've kept us in a time warp of, as Jace points out, cars burning oil, houses burning electricity and natural gas and a populace consuming food, water, clothing and cheap gadgets that are designed to be thrown away when the next-step gadget is released.

Here's a good example of American inventiveness and innovation; please watch this short vid and realize that no Asian is likely ever going to invent such a tool, as their multi-thousand year history suggests and cost of labor is irrelevant to anyone who wants such products:

Bosso

Quote Originally Posted by Bossobass View Post
    Here's a good example of American inventiveness and innovation; please watch this short vid and realize that no Asian is likely ever going to invent such a tool, as their multi-thousand year history suggests and cost of labor is irrelevant to anyone who wants such products:

Bosso
    Very cool.

Perhaps TZM is closer than it seems. Is that stuff edible? I hope the McDonalds execs don't see this.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Now if only factories could be built as quickly as the dollar can be destroyed...
    This is true... we would have to be self sufficient overnight rather than gradually returning to it. There are still a lot of problems with unions and drunken factory workers....
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast