Thread: Are you part of the solution or part of the problem?

Are you part of the solution or part of the problem?

I wrote this on another forum as a response to major criticism about Ron Paul's chances. I think its important we learn how to snuff out this perception and build a more positive and constructive image of his bid.

Ron Paul's position on evolution has nothing to do with how he would be president, yet people try to make an argument about it.

Meanwhile, all of the other candidates have real, glaring issues that profoundly effect our lives and those same people want to overlook that. Why is that? Honestly?

People who say Ron Paul stands no chance are the same kind of people who vote for the Yankees because they're most likely to win.

"Doesn't matter, they ain't gonna beat the Yankees!"

How many times have the Yankees won the world series in the last 10 years? A: Once.

Doesn't matter. They're always the favorite. Which means that every year, in the minds of Yankees fans, other teams don't stand a chance.

The only difference is in baseball, what the fans believe do not in any way shape the outcome. In politics, they do. If most people think Ron Paul stands no chance then he'll stand little chance. That is the method of Ron Paul haters -- to perpetuate that disposition. Tragically, some Ron Paul supporters take the bait and start perpetuating that bull$#@! themselves, which only hurts his chances.

If people would stop saying Ron Paul didn't stand a chance for one day, then we'd see what kind of chance he really stands.

If the apathetic people who'd "like" to see him win would reverse their tone and perpetuate a more positive belief such as, "he sure as hell can win" then his chances would drastically improve.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who spreads the perception that Ron Paul can't win actually does not want him to -- even if they claim otherwise. If you genuinely like Ron Paul and would vote for him if he got the nomination, I would kindly ask that you either support him (as in support his chances) or don't say anything.

O.B.A.M.A. = One Big Ass Mistake, America

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hear this from Republicans all the time. My response?

"He's the only that CAN win"

Why would you want to vote for the guy that's going to lose to Obama?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I saw the youtube comment you are referencing to, I believe.

It is a difficult decision to make, when someone says something like that, as to whether or not they agree or disagree (supporter or opponent).

I don't think we can afford to bank on "who is going to win." That's netted poor results in elections throughout history (particularly recent history), in which no one really gets what they want.

I think self-defeatism is part of the problem, yes. I try to be an optimist. I cannot say for certain that Ron Paul will win; I can say for certain that he should win, if the people of this country want to see it survive.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-17-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Zak View Post
    That is a great question to ask. I sold out on Ron Paul when I read "The Revolution: A Manifesto." Since then I've read The Constitution, The Magna Carta, Gold, Peace, and Prosperity, For Liberty, Rothbard, Mises, Mullins, and a bunch of other research. There is no way I would vote for anyone other than Ron Paul in 2012.

Except for the powers in charge, I cannot see how anybody who researches Ron Paul could not be behind him 100%.

Through my research I learned that our inherent wealth is being stolen from us through inflation & fractional reserve banking by the nanosecond. Then they use our wealth against us to starve people, war on others, imprison peaceful people, terrorize the world to keep us in fear, indoctrinate us, travel the world in their yachts, party at billion dollar weddings, travel the world in jets with huge security teams, and the list of violations just goes on and on and on.

But the amazing thing to me is that they are not stealing pennies from each of us to carry-out their shenanigans. They are stealing thousands and millions throughout lifetimes. People do not realize the wealth the world holds for each of us. Most people will be much more prosperous, peaceful, and innovative by implementing the principles that Ron Paul has preached throughout his life.

I posted this example in another thread and it is not an exact representation because the people in charge are manipulating the markets. Nonetheless, they are stealing thousands upon thousands through inflation.

Here's how:
    In 1968, when the dollar was sound, $1000 = $35,000 today simply by taking that $1000 and converting it to honest sound money. Today, 1000 silver dollars are worth $35,000.

Where did the other $34,000 go? Wars, terrorism, security teams, drones, bombers & bombs, uniforms, parties, yachts, jets, and multiple homes throughout the world for the elite and on and on.

That message doesn't resonate with people because many of them are elite and the mundanes are busy with their lives, not doing the research, and controlled by: media, schooling, police, and fear. They have enough to eat so they are blind to their true wealth.

The theft is carried out through central banking. The solution is honest sound money.
    Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by Travlyr; 07-18-2011 at 04:49 AM.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    That message doesn't resonate with people because many of them are elite and the mundanes are busy with their lives, not doing the research, and controlled by: media, schooling, police, and fear. They have enough to eat so they are blind to their true wealth.
    Unfortunately the people making the rules are the ones who intentionally do NOT want liberty and true prosperity to thrive. They're the ones profiting and benefiting from the system as it is now. I agree that the majority of the others who really listen to Ron Paul by reading his books or listening to an entire speech on an issue would be easily won over. Unfortunately most people want their news in 30 second clips with a MSM talking head "interpreting" what they just heard for them afterwards. Many people don't want to think on their own or actually read written words on a page.....so we just have to work that much harder to get his message out.
    I have hope, and therefore refuse to say he can't win (can't and won't are different), because I believe that liberty is what is right, just, and good for this country. What "everyone" else thinks (which is a fallacy in and of itself) doesn't matter. At the end of the day I have to be able to live with my choices, and with the knowledge that I did the right thing.....and Ron Paul is the right thing.

I believe that Ron Paul has a very good chance of winning. I predict this thing will grow exponentially, and at some point we are going to see "Paul-mania". But, as many have discussed here, if the bankers do not want Ron Paul as president, and the whole game is rigged from the get-go, how will he become president?
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

I think the most success I've found with encouraging others to check out Paul's position is by telling them about his books. I know a lot of people get their news from dumbed-down media outlets in thirty seconds or less. These people would be the hardest to reach. But there are others out there, too, who actually like reading, but are not completely sold on Ron Paul. I know my dad is one of those people. I think if we try as hard as we can to seek out those average Joes who don't mind picking up a book or two in their spare time, and I know those people exist somewhere... we can at least get more people exposed to his ideas. Why am I pushing the books so hard? I think they offer the most eloquent way of delivering Dr. Paul's message by starting out with the simple points and then expanding on those. I know I was hooked from the moment I read The Revolution: A Manifesto and End the Fed.

Sometimes pushing the 'beat Obama' meme works, too, although a lot of people that I've talked to simply don't believe that the other Republican candidates would lose to Obama. It's definitely a drastic case of sticking their heads in the sand.

I agree SO MUCH with this point here, Travlyr. I think the situation in which most people find themselves now is a classic example of ideological hegemony. Some people here may shy away from this term because it is commonly associated with Marxism, but it perfectly describes what is happening now. The Marxists have it right on this issue, at least.
    Last edited by Rothbardian Girl; 07-18-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    I think the most success I've found with encouraging others to check out Paul's position is by telling them about his books.
    I completely agree. For Liberty is a good one. That ideological hegemony article is interesting. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by amyre View Post
    Unfortunately the people making the rules are the ones who intentionally do NOT want liberty and true prosperity to thrive. They're the ones profiting and benefiting from the system as it is now.
    Specifically, I wonder ~ What is their weak link?

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    I believe that Ron Paul has a very good chance of winning. I predict this thing will grow exponentially, and at some point we are going to see "Paul-mania". But, as many have discussed here, if the bankers do not want Ron Paul as president, and the whole game is rigged from the get-go, how will he become president?
    Many people like to think the whole game is rigged, but that is not the case. Rand Paul and Glen Bradley are two examples of anti-establishment candidates winning elections despite the weight of the establishment being thrown against them.

One type of "The Game is Rigged" person is the one who uses it as an excuse to do nothing. To remain apathetic and blame things on others.

Another is the establishment scum who need to perpetuate that myth in order to control the type above.

What I have learned in my 50 years is that life is more complex than can be explained with a "game is rigged" meme. Yes, there are criminal types in positions of power, but they are not only fighting against decent people who stand up, they are also fighting with other criminal types who want their power. Even at the very top they fight among themselves...

When someone tells me "He can't win" I often look them directly in the eye simply ask them, "why do you say that?"

What are the potential answers to that?

"Because someone else told me that."

or

"Because I am a conspiracy theorist"

Neither of those are things (most) people like to admit about themselves...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

He might not win and if he doesn't it is important for ALL people to understand that if he does lose then we all lose. The masses still do not understand or respect just how critical things are right now. While I don't want to see the effects of an economic depression, I feel this is the only thing that will force people to get it. Human nature is such that personal suffering is the only thing that causes people to question their belief systems.

They said Rand couldn't win either.

Look what we can do.