Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul: Most Donations From the Military!

Ron Paul: Most Donations From the Military!

So I remember last election Dr. Paul had more military donations than all candidates combined (both R's and D's)

So I ran through the numbers on the FEC site http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2011/Q2/
    I based these numbers off the employer section. Anyone who described their employer as military.
    Army, Navy ,Air Force, National Guard ,Costa Guard, Marine Corps and Dept of Defense.

An this is what i have come up with so far.

*Now these numbers are not 100% accurate, i may have missed one here or there. *

Cain $6223
    Romney $5000
    Bachmann $2550
    Newt $1025
    Pawlenty $250
    Santorum $250
    Johnson $0

Total $15398.00 *updated*

The Good Doctor comes in more than double all the other Republican candidates combined.

Paul $ $36739.79 *updated*

** Update** After going over Obama's numbers again it seems i missed quite a bit. There were some questionable donations but I added them in anyway.

Obama - $28833.99
    Total Candidates (minus Paul) - $44231.99

Paul does not beat total donations of all other candidates combined however, he still comes in double the Republicans' combined and #1 out of all candidates.

Any help going through Romney's and Obama's donations would be much appreciated as there is a lot of information to be double checked.

* Candidate Breakdowns on page 9 of this thread*
    Last edited by Lafayette; 07-18-2011 at 05:43 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice! They know the score.
    Last edited by Carehn; 07-16-2011 at 12:37 AM.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Yea! We need to run that carefully, so we can broadcast it.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Yea! We need to run that carefully, so we can broadcast it.
    For sure, anyone who has the time to double check my work, please do so.

+rep thanks for doing this!
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Nice work, Lafayette.

Good to see our armed forces still support the good doctor.
    Welcome to the USSA.

America, the Doctor will free you now.

Great! Thanks for posting. This is great ammunition.

This CAN be used to much advantage when the bozos start with their phony respect for the troops routine. Bring them home to their families and let them spend their paycheque in their local economy.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great to see this news! Good work and thanks for spending the time to calculate all this!

We'll never know the exact figures because these numbers are just from people who donated $250 or more I believe (or maybe $200? --- whatever the lowest amount is to report). I would suspect the numbers may even be MORE in our favor if there was a way of knowing all the individual donations less than $200 and how they added up!
    Last edited by ord33; 07-16-2011 at 12:29 AM.
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles"

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    For sure, anyone who has the time to double check my work, please do so.
    I will..... but tomorrow....

Meanwhile I tweeted it as a 'rough calculation'....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    for 200 bucks or less we could get all the info together and run a professional press release and run it thru media release! It would pay for itself in the coverage across the internet and media!

Somebody listed "President Barack Obama" as employer with occupation "Military" for Ron Paul.

Don't forget the reserve. I spotted USAR/US Army Reserve Spouse. USAF for air force. Federal Gov't /Army officer. the government / us army. None / Retired US Army

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f_YFMfottY

Check the 1:30 mark. Last election I tracked Ron and he always beat their asses.

How do I embed this bad boy?

Last edited by Cleaner44; 07-16-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I'm glad to see that he is getting the most donations from the military and I'm proud to have been apart of it. For anyone that supports the troops or is a veteran/military there are many reasons for supporting Ron Paul in addition to ending the wars. I like to highlight some of these reasons when reaching out to other military members. Right now we have more wars and as a result the funding is going to come from military/veteran pay and benefits.

I wrote this for a military forum feel free to use some of these points.

The various Military Times have been describing major overhauls to Military retirement, educational benefits, and health care for the Military. The Secretary of Defense and Joint Chiefs of Staff have made a big push for major reductions in benefits. I find this alarming and a big blow to morale as do most of the people I know. Knowing that Ron Paul is the only Military Veteran running for president, as well as his dedication to the troops I figured Ron Paul would agree that Military pay and benefits should not be reduced. I was ecstatic to find out from his campaign coordinator that Ron Paul is committed to all the promises made to the troops.
    I have followed politics my whole life and I have never seen any one in office that comes close to Ron Paul or needed as badly. If we in the Military support the Constitution as we pledged we should have a President that does too.
    He is also the most likely candidate to win in the general election based upon many polls of the current candidates. Ron Paul is also committed to balancing the budget which would prevent any disruptions in pay. Both the Military and retirees are usually on fixed incomes which makes us the biggest victims of inflation. Ron Paul understands and has been the leader in fighting inflation caused by the private central banks.
    Please don't take my word for it, do your own research and you will also see Ron Paul is the best candidate.

sabu, for your great post, here's a video made for the troops by another Ron Paul supporter who just tweeted it a bit ago:

Military related, not precisely Ron Paul related...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by harikaried View Post
    Don't forget the reserve. I spotted USAR/US Army Reserve Spouse. USAF for air force. Federal Gov't /Army officer. the government / us army. None / Retired US Army
    Yeah i counted all variations.

Crap, I just used my civilian job, I didn't include anything about being in the Army Reserve.

Holy Schnikes!
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

We need to get this into the "NEWS" because I know damn well that this will create much more of a buzz than it did in 2008. For two presidential elections now, America's military members who have been dedicated enough to give money to a candidate have consistently chosen RON PAUL to lead them as commander in chief.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Especially to shove up the noses of the warhawks, media NEOCONS @ FOX NEWS CORP/FOX BIZ and Rag Right Yllow journalism.

This should be a huge emphasis for the RP campaign PRESS releases... all avenues of media
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 07-16-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

What is the best format to put this out into Facebook? Whether it's text or a picture or news item or combo...whatever. If someone has an idea let me know. Something that would fit with the limited space if it's text. Thanks

Edit: Just thought of a cool title: Who got the most military donations?

Anyway this is EPIC.
    Last edited by AlexAmore; 07-16-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Remember to shove this in the faces of anyone who says RP supporters are just a bunch of potheads who live in their parents basement!

Perhaps a stacked bar graph where one is Ron Paul and the other is everyone else's combined donations.

You could also probably do a graph of the relative donations too as in % overall donation from military = $military donations / $total donated. That would probably highlight Paul more than any other candidate.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I'm going to pass it on to some people.

Perhaps a stacked bar graph where one is Ron Paul and the other is everyone else's combined donations.

You could also probably do a graph of the relative donations too as in % overall donation from military = $military donations / $total donated. That would probably highlight Paul more than any other candidate.
    That's a great idea with percentage. So I'm thinking a pie graph would be good here. Maybe two with and without Obama.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Paul: 0.704% = 31,822.21 / 4,518,947.59
    Obama: 0.032% = 14,849.00 / 46,323,209.30

The military's contribution towards Ron Paul has 22 times the impact that of Obama's.
    Last edited by harikaried; 07-16-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: dropped two 0s for %s

Thanks for running all those numbers. Good stuff to see.

I'll tell you what non-Paul supporters will say though. If the minimum amount donated is 250 then you're talking around 100 people out of 2 million total military that donated to Ron Paul or about 0.005%

My assumption is most don't donate or just don't list their occupation.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Thanks for running all those numbers. Good stuff to see.

I'll tell you what non-Paul supporters will say though. If the minimum amount donated is 250 then you're talking around 100 people out of 2 million total military that donated to Ron Paul or about 0.005%

My assumption is most don't donate or just don't list their occupation.
    But that would apply equally to all candidate donors, so it is a fair baseline, and you are ASKED your employer. Since that also applies to every category of donor, this is as fair as pointing out how much money someone gets from bankers or whatever.

And sure, most people don't donate at all. But in the military, if you care enough to donate, you are more likely to be donating to Ron Paul than you are to any of the other candidates, viewed as a group. Including Obama.

Fantastic job, I owe you a rep when get some more ammo.

Shamelessly cross posting this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    So i remember last election Dr. Paul had more military donations then all candidates combined ( both R's and D's)

So ran through the numbers on FEC site http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2011/Q2/
    I based these numbers off the employer section. Anyone who described their employer as military.
    Army, Navy ,Air Force, National Guard ,Costa Guard, Marine Corps and Dept of Defense.

An this is what i have come up with so far.

*Now these numbers are not 100% accurate, i may have missed one here or there. *

Cain $6223
    Romney $4350
    Bachmann $2550
    Newt $1025
    Pawnlety $250
    Santorum $250
    Johnson $0

Total $14648.00

The Good Doctor comes in more than double all the other Republican candidates combined.

Paul $ 31822.21

Add in Obama's total of $14849.00 to the others ($29497.00) and Ron still beats em!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast