Thread: Social security and medicare independence

Social security and medicare independence

I have a question about the way that these programs are setup. On my paychecks I am taxed 3 times Fed, OSDAI, and Medicare. Now with the current debt talks the big argument is about cuts to these two seemingly independent programs. As a way to save them in the short term and end them I'm the long term would it be in our best interest to push for them to be fully independent of the general fund. What i mean by this is if OSDAI takes in more than it sends out it gets to keep it and if it would be unable to give out more than it takes in and it would be forced to adapt to survive (cut benefits, raise age, more taxes {NO}, means test or disappear altogether). Same with Medicare.

Then beyond that the argument about the general fund would lose most of its sob stories and perhaps real cuts can be made.

So like audit the fed with the intent of showing its problems and ultimately ending it, should we push for full independence of Social Security and Medicare with the intent of making them dissolve as well.

If i am wrong please tell me, I have always just argued for the opt out option but I have been wondering about this tonight as a different method.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With the Fed govt. There only but 1 fund. The general fund.

That's kinda how i understand it and why i was saying that maybe we should push for something like "The Social Security Independence Act"

Arkansas art 2
    Text of Section 24:
    Religious Liberty
    All men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own consciences; no man can, of right, be compelled to attend, erect, or support any place of worship; or to maintain any ministry against his consent. No human authority can, in any case or manner whatsoever, control or interfere with the right of conscience; and no preference shall ever be given, by law, to any religious establishment, denomination or mode of worship, above any other.[25]

Study up on English Gematria. and they won't even call your name out for court.

Ok, I did that.

Translated "Pasteurized Cheese Product"

http://www.gematrix.org/?word=pasteu...cheese+product

Best result on the page:

The Imminenet Zombie Apocalypse
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavu22 View Post
    I have a question about the way that these programs are setup. On my paychecks I am taxed 3 times Fed, OSDAI, and Medicare. Now with the current debt talks the big argument is about cuts to these two seemingly independent programs. As a way to save them in the short term and end them I'm the long term would it be in our best interest to push for them to be fully independent of the general fund. What i mean by this is if OSDAI takes in more than it sends out it gets to keep it and if it would be unable to give out more than it takes in and it would be forced to adapt to survive (cut benefits, raise age, more taxes {NO}, means test or disappear altogether). Same with Medicare.

Then beyond that the argument about the general fund would lose most of its sob stories and perhaps real cuts can be made.

So like audit the fed with the intent of showing its problems and ultimately ending it, should we push for full independence of Social Security and Medicare with the intent of making them dissolve as well.

If i am wrong please tell me, I have always just argued for the opt out option but I have been wondering about this tonight as a different method.
    You can't trust the governmenr to be fiscally responsible. RON always voted against transferring social security money to pay for other things, but he was downvoted on that in a landslide. That is supposedly how it was originally set up, to begin with, and is why it is such a raw deal now for Congress to be insisting on still paying interest to the Federal Reserve which just printed money out of thin air, while cutting these programs which seniors paid for and need as much because of Fed created inflation as anything.

Ron's plan is better; cut overseas excess military spending and use the money to patch over social security and medicare while implementing his economic recovery plan to raise revenues, as a stopgap while allowing they young to opt out and put their money where it will be there for them. Even if Ron were to keep some safety net remnant going forward, once this is a welfare program, not billed throughout a person's lifetime as an insurance annuity they paid for, people will rely on it less, going forward. This RESOLVES the issue in a generation. Your way, while ok on paper, requires Congress to stop stealing from pots of money that really will be needed for something else (social security/medicare) that is something Congress is unable to do imho. However, for those who DON'T opt out (say are over the age where they can make it up, particularly given the recession) that might help shore up the system for them.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-16-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden