Thread: Anyone See CNN Refute Information In Ron Paul's New Video Ad?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone See CNN Refute Information In Ron Paul's New Video Ad?

All the talk in the media today is about the debt debate and I happened to notice around 12:30 est, a brief segment on CNN that seemed to be making the argument that raising taxes reduces the debt. I quickly shot up in my seat when they were showing the first 15 seconds of Ron Paul's new ad which ended on the part about the "Democrats promising spending cuts but delivering tax hikes...." then a there was a quick cut to an old video of President Clinton as he is writing a zero on an easel indicating that he brought down the debt because he raised taxes while a V.O. said something like "ron paul's ad left out this part."

Anyone see this?? I can't seem to find the video. I hate how they give the impression that Ron Paul was lying about the facts. Maybe they'll replay it later today.
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is what you're going to get when you provide quick hard hitting sound bites. They are not going to be 100% accurate and leave room for things like this. Not sure that can be avoided.

As a % of GDP, he did reduce the debt:
    Bill Clinton D 1993–1997 66.1% 65.4% -0.7%
    Bill Clinton D 1997–2001 65.4% 56.4% -9.0%
    In nominal terms, he increased it:
    1994–1997 Clinton Democratic $5,369 $5,647 13.2%
    1998–2001 Clinton Democratic $5,769 $5,638 -0.2%
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...idential_terms

But he also presided over an economic boom. Not to hard to reduce the Debt/GDP ratio in that situation.
    Last edited by BrendenR; 07-15-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Historically, no matter what the tax rates, the government can only collect 19% of GDP in revenue. Once that point is reached, raising taxes further becomes counterproductive.

http://reason.com/blog/2010/11/29/th...table-amount-o

The assumption that raising taxes will lead to greater revenue is not a given.

I like that they're contrasting RP to Clinton! That's a GOOD THING for the primary! Very few people the GOP hates more than Clinton (aside from Obama.)
    It's R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]UTION time!