Thread: Zuckerberg Quits Google+ Over Privacy Concerns

Zuckerberg Quits Google+ Over Privacy Concerns

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/11/07...ivacy-Concerns

Mark Zuckerberg has decided to leave Google's new social network because he 'doesn't want to be tracked.' In other news, the Internet's irony meter has just exploded. Robert Scoble is now the most followed person on Google+ according to The Inquirer
    So much Irony. Now, how do you tell Mark *uckerberg that you dont want to be tracked by FarceBook either?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

So much Irony. Now, how do you tell Mark *uckerberg that you dont want to be tracked by FarceBook either?
    LoL "FarceBook"

He still has a profile and it still says how many folks are following him.

https://plus.google.com/104560124403688998123

"Mark has 5182 followers. Mark is following 16. Block Mark"

"Have Mark in circles (184842)"
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 07-14-2011 at 05:47 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I thought it was a conflict of interest for him to join google+ anyway, now it is clear why he did it. He's threatened. :P
    O.B.A.M.A. = One Big Ass Mistake, America

Don't tell him. delete your account.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Oopies, did I acksidentally type that Farce... uh, I mean Face, yeah, thats the ticket FaceBook missspellllingg?

And... I dont have an account. I do, however, have a Hosts file that redirects every request my computer makes to one of his servers to 127.0.0.1, and um, my firewall is set to block any outgoing requests to FarceBook, (aw jeez, I did it agaiin) or FBCDN (FacreBuuk Content Delivery Network). I suggest any avid non FaceBoogers do the same.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Oopies, did I acksidentally type that Farce... uh, I mean Face, yeah, thats the ticket FaceBook missspellllingg?

And... I dont have an account. I do, however, have a Hosts file that redirects every request my computer makes to one of his servers to 127.0.0.1, and um, my firewall is set to block any outgoing requests to FarceBook, (aw jeez, I did it agaiin) or FBCDN (FacreBuuk Content Delivery Network). I suggest any avid non FaceBoogers do the same.
    Good deal. In addition to the hosts file, you can block it in noscript too, just to be extra sure.

Hell, I basically declared my own personal WAR on FaceBook. They come up with some new way to try to track me, I get flags that pop up and do everything I can to make sure his computers cant even see mine.
    1776 > 1984

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hell, I basically declared my own personal WAR on FaceBook. They come up with some new way to try to track me, I get flags that pop up and do everything I can to make sure his computers cant even see mine.
    With their war against privacy, that is being wise about protecting yourself and your integrity in the digital age. Don't forget facebook.net and google-analytics.com!

LOL!

Given Facebook's invasion of privacy policies, that really says something about google +! A platform I am still resisting, personally.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

What specifically is Facebook doing? I don't have an account, but my wife does.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    What specifically is Facebook doing? I don't have an account, but my wife does.
    It's too late for her. Save yourself.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

He is already screwed. Probably use the same computer, and if he blocks it the way I block mine, she wont be able to get access to it either.

Not forgetting about google-analytics or facebook.net, the hosts file is over 8 megs. Try typing up a standard non formatted text document (.txt) and see how much you have to dump in there to get 8 megs of redirected traffic. Most of which comes from various sources around the net, but I add in every $#@! that tries to put a cookie on my box without my permission.

Now, what exactly is FarceBook doing? They are collecting information that people volunteer. That isnt necessarily what is bad. What is bad is when they decide to make a profit by sharing all of that information with everyone else. They have kind of pushed google out of the way in terms of being able to figure absolutely everything out about you. When they share that information with or without your permission, you lose control over it. When you lose control, you NEVER get it back. Information itself is neither good or bad, but when it comes down to it, it is how the information is used. In 20 years, todays version of the internet will be so out of date that people will laugh in comparison. However, in 20 years, when you apply for a job, your employer will already have access to FaceBook records of what you say right now, 20 years from now, and can hold that against you. Oh hell, just read my sig.
    1776 > 1984