Thread: Maddow links Tea Party to anti-abortion laws, says movement not libertarian

Maddow links Tea Party to anti-abortion laws, says movement not libertarian

Video opens with Rand Paul speech and she says Tea Partiers are isolationists.

Pro-choice people I've talked to haven't understood that pro-life can be a libertarian position if the baby is viewed as an individual with rights.

Other people (big government types) I've talked to haven't understood the difference between isolationist and non-interventionist.

Rachel Maddow: Nationwide attack on abortion shows ‘tea party’ just Republicans

Posted on 07.13.11
    By Eric W. Dolan
    Categories: Featured, Nation

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow claimed Wednesday night that the tea party movement was indistinguishable from the Republican Party, noting that states have enacted a record number of abortion restrictions since so-called “tea party candidates” were elected in 2010.

“Eighty different anti-abortion laws, not just proposed… but enacted,” she said, “thanks to that tea party election last year. You know, the one where they didn’t care about abortion any more.”

Far from being a purely libertarian movement, concerned with limited government and free market economic, Maddow claims that the tea party is very social conservative.

“There is nothing new under the sun,” she concluded.

Watch video, courtesy of MSNBC
    http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/20...t-republicans/
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have no idea why anyone would ever listen to that disguisting war monger.

My own assessment of the tea party movement as not being entirely libertarian in spirit any more kind of matches Maddow's. I think it's now split 50/50 between the RP camp of libertarian-minded voters and Palin/Bachmann socially conservative-minded voters. And it is still far easier to enact authoritarian legislation than libertarian legislation.

She equates libertarianism with abortion, which is exactly the opposite of where Dr. Paul is coming from. Abortion is antithetical to liberty.

This lady is full of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulitician View Post
    And it is still far easier to enact authoritarian legislation than libertarian legislation.
    In this case, pro life legislation is libertarian legislation. It's legislation that's designed to protect liberty for the unborn.

tea party was hijacked by the Neocons. I dont consider it libertarian, but certainly not because of abortion. There's nothing more libertarian then a peaceful person's right to exist.

Ignore, ignore, ignore. Please.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The first thing we have to do is get the federal government out of it. We don’t need a federal abortion police. That’s the last thing that we need. There has to be a criminal penalty for the person that’s committing that crime. And I think that is the abortionist. As for the punishment, I don’t think that should be up to the president to decide.”

- Ron Paul
    Please subscribe to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/marcscalera

this coming from maddow ,who supports bush/obama 2012 and 6 undeclared wars, maddow is nothing more then a bush lover in obama clothes!!

I suggest Ron and Rand Paul go onto maddow show and msnbc asap and set the record straight asap!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 07-21-2011 at 06:40 AM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I second that. Coming from a biologist perspective when I discuss this with students, I always ask them if would the scientific community go nuts about finding life on another planet if the only thing they found was independent DNA?...they absolutely would... So if that is life, why isn't an embryo considered life upon conception since it too has its own unique DNA independent of its parents?

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    I second that. Coming from a biologist perspective when I discuss this with students, I always ask them if would the scientific community go nuts about finding life on another planet if the only thing they found was independent DNA?...they absolutely would... So if that is life, why isn't an embryo considered life upon conception since it too has its own unique DNA independent of its parents?
    Nice idea, will use that for the future!

This isn't as bad as when Rachel Maddow claimed that Ron Paul was in favor of "no black signs" in front of private businesses.
    Last edited by Bryan; 07-23-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Disregard for forum guidelines

I've never met a Republican who watched Maddow.

Focus.

Why can't these folks understand the other side of the issue? I think the true expression of an intelligent person is the ability to see all sides of an argument and to understand their merit. I personally am not against abortion, but I 100% grasp the reason from those who oppose it. Maddow and other uber-liberals refuse to see the opposition's point. Then they attack these folks for having their beliefs. This is no clear cut issue, but they sure as heck treated as such.
    Washington doesn't change Rand Paul. Rand Paul changes Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    I suggest Ron and Rand Paul go onto maddow show and msnbc asap and set the record straight asap!!
    Rand has already owned Maddow on several occasions. Topics included slavery and healthcare. He actually announced his campaign for the Senate on her show which was interesting. Youtube that $#@! bro it's on there.