Thread: FDA Set to Kill Nutritional Supplement Industry; Pharmaceutical Industry Rejoices

FDA Set to Kill Nutritional Supplement Industry; Pharmaceutical Industry Rejoices

http://www.offthegridnews.com/2011/0...stry-rejoices/

Actually eschewing the concept of simple notification, this front organization for the drug companies is now going to require the sellers and manufacturers of supplements to submit NDI detailed reports on every single ingredient they have added to any of their products since 1994. These reports are supposed to include “proof” of the effectiveness of these ingredients in the form of peer-reviewed articles published in scientific journals and results from clinical test trials. After reviewing this evidence, the FDA will decide whether or not to approve these ingredients for sale to the public. Until that approval comes through, sellers and manufacturers of nutritional and dietary supplements will be required to cease and desist from offering their products for sale to the public.

For those who need even more decisive evidence, however, here it is – synthetic versions of natural ingredients, produced in the laboratories of pharmaceutical companies who want to steal supplement business by turning natural ingredients into drugs, will be completely exempt from these new testing and reporting regulations. So there it is – if the pharmaceutical companies want to sell fake, drug-like versions of the real thing to get in on a profitable game, they will not be required to prove that their synthetic creations are safe. If there were any doubts left about who is really pulling the strings in this latest FDA power play, this should erase them.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The FDA can go $#@! themselves, there is no way they are going to be able to enforce this.

I plan on actively disobeying these new rules and helping others to do so as well.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The FDA can go $#@! themselves, there is no way they are going to be able to enforce this.

I plan on actively disobeying these new rules and helping others to do so as well.
    How? I would love to get ephedra without a doctor's prescription, but how do I do it? These laws are just so utterly ridiculous...

Mike Adams also had a piece or two on this. According to him, this is stemming from S. 510, the "Food Safety" bill that passed last year: http://www.naturalnews.com/032912_FD...pplements.html

so now i cant buy my protein and creatin at walmart until then???

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

+me 2 Black market supplements will do good business if the FDA does this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This will KILL my business. My family owns 3 supplement stores right now..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    How? I would love to get ephedra without a doctor's prescription, but how do I do it? These laws are just so utterly ridiculous...
    I don't know how I am going to do it yet, and I don't know where to get ephedra.. but if this is true, then avenues will be created.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'm a chemist...I have options.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by fade View Post
    This will KILL my business. My family owns 3 supplement stores right now..
    If you need someone to run illegal supplements for you, let me know.

I wonder what the chain stores like GNC are doing to fight this.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Wait, does this include fish oil?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...=herbs&x=0&y=0
    learn about them now boys before they go the way of marijuana.

This has been in the works for years. WHO is behind it. Codex Alimentarius : http://www.natural-health-informatio...mentarius.html

In the 90s, Mel Gibson was an activist against it, here is his TV ad for it, kind of funny:

Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Codex Alimentarius is still developing under the radar with support for many of those involved from our representatives. Please read up on it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just get my herbs from the Mennonites, they grow , make about anything I do not .The ol' Doc is very good .

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Vitamin B is a privilege, not a right!
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

The article is from 2011?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    The article is from 2011?
    And some people think the "do nothing" congress is a bad thing.