Thread: Texas lawmakers hail departing colleague Ron Paul as principled and visionary

Texas lawmakers hail departing colleague Ron Paul as principled and visionary

Sen. John Cornyn, R-San Antonio
    Ron has served Texans in Congress with distinction for nearly 24 years as a fierce advocate for a more limited government. His steadfast devotion to his core beliefs has earned him the respect and loyalty from Texans and Americans of all walks of life.

I congratulate Ron on his remarkable congressional career, and wish him and Carol the very best in their future endeavors.

Rep. Gene Green, D-Houston
    Ron has served honorably for different terms during the last 4 decades representing our area.

Rep. Pete Olson, R-Sugar Land
    When he retires from Congress, Ron Paul will leave a legacy of principled leadership. As we say in the Navy, I wish Ron “Fair winds and following seas.”

Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Houston
    Ron Paul is a true and honest intellectual in the House and a good friend. In many respects his policies turned out to be very visionary on the core role of the federal government and spending.

Rep. Larry Taylor, R-Friendswood
    Congressman Paul’s announcement today not to seek re-election has created a rare opportunity for public service at the national level.
    I have received encouragement from conservative leaders across Texas this afternoon. It is an opportunity that I will consider very seriously in the coming weeks

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011...and-visionary/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump, nice to see Texans saying nice things about the future president.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Will RP still do activist work when he retires from Congress? /curious
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I'd hope so, but my gut tells me he's going to start winding down things a bit...maybe just writing a few things here and there for Lew Rockwell or maybe even Mises.org.

lol @ Sen. John Cornyn. What a farce.

yeah, and almost every one of those with the kind words is breathing a huge sigh of relief that the gadfly is finally gone. Who is going to be the single vote in the 434-1 votes now, the one who thru his actions names them all cowards?
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Rep. Larry Taylor, R-Friendswood
    Congressman Paul’s announcement today not to seek re-election has created a rare opportunity for public service at the national level.
    I have received encouragement from conservative leaders across Texas this afternoon. It is an opportunity that I will consider very seriously in the coming weeks
    OK.. This one had nothing at all to do about praise... Instead, it's a guy simply saying how he'll run for Paul's seat.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

one of us need to run for rons seat to ensure that some phony scumbag doenst get it,

I sure wish Medina was in his district.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Depends, do you consider becoming president to be activist work?
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB