Thread: Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell forge a friendship (includes 1 of the better pictures of Rand)

Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell forge a friendship (includes 1 of the better pictures of Rand)

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I hope Rand stabs Mitch in the back at some point in the near future. I'd love to see Rand back someone else for senate leadership.

is this true?
    When Tea Party protesters took to Capitol Hill earlier this year, McConnell took to the Senate floor and defended their right to be heard. When Paul released a plan earlier this year to cut the federal budget and reduce debt during the next five years, McConnell readily defended his junior colleague and was one of only a handful of lawmakers to vote for the measure.
    At the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington earlier this year, McConnell reportedly praised Paul, calling him "one of the great freshman conservatives" and said the newly elected senator was "already taking strong, principled stands in the Senate."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/07/10/1...#ixzz1RjqOn7RT
    can anyone track down video of that happening?

Heh. I am happy to hear it, but I have to assume that "forge" is probably the perfect word.

Is it just me or is Rand pretty short?
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Is it just me or is Rand pretty short?
    That's why he keeps Matt around.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    ^that*infinity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    LMAO!!! His little Hobbit follower.

Roll Call wrote a very similar article today about the relationship between the Paul and McConnell. Includes a lot of the same information, but additionally notes that McConnell has given prioritization to getting many of Rand's amendments voted on.
    http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_4/...-207139-1.html

They also wrote about the relationship between the two back in February:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...itch-McConnell
    Last edited by jct74; 07-11-2011 at 11:48 AM.