Thread: Why can't this happen in the US?

Why can't this happen in the US?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnPvbfogeSI

At what point will we rise up against are own government? Is it impossible (given the amount of firepower/force the government yields)? Our freedoms are disappearing and 50% of our wealth is being stolen via taxation and inflation. What point would it take for you to stand up and fight? What is the breaking point where we say enough is enough? Has the point already been reached and the government is just to powerful to actively fight them? Will our only solution be to get change through the political system? Or, is it just best to sit back and watch the whole system collapse under its own weight a la roma?

Mods, please don't think I am trying to stir up a revolt/violence. I am just trying to see where other people are on this issue and what level of government sins would push people to the breaking point of true resistance (not paying taxes and actively resisting and pushing back against authority).

I personally feel like this country is a frog being boiled slowly to death. No one will really institute meaningful change until the frog dies (the country collapses under its own weight). We don't realize how bad things have become, because the loss of freedoms and theft have come incrementally over time. What are your personal views on this?

jc
    Last edited by jclay2; 07-09-2011 at 01:01 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The problem is with the people of this country, they are the ones who put the government in power. They are not going to riot unless their food stamps get cut off and the TV is not on. And the ones who would be doing the rioting are the problem to begin with. We have to change enough attitudes to weaken the power of the parasites in this country. Unless you change enough attitudes the replacement government will just be more of the same.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The ending of 'V for Vendetta' is fiction. Those people would be systematically cut down by the authorities if that took place today.

Secondly, you have to understand the modern day mentality of the Western citizen today. He's chasing pipe dreams in this elaborate rat race and is basically obsessed with distractions, while being totally disarmed of his natural defense instincts since birth. I've never seen more useless, deluded people in my life, who mistakenly think that the ever-present rigors of human life are somehow not applicable to them in this modern society.

Banned

Blog Entries
    LoL, I honestly have no desire to watch this movie. But I think it is hilarious some script writer got to finally get on the big screen the IRA's fantasies. I was laughing when I saw parliament blowing up like that.

I don't think would ever happen anywhere. The masks would be outlawed and protesters would be either A) beaten to death or B) shot.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    The problem is with the people of this country, they are the ones who put the government in power. They are not going to riot unless their food stamps get cut off and the TV is not on. And the ones who would be doing the rioting are the problem to begin with. We have to change enough attitudes to weaken the power of the parasites in this country. Unless you change enough attitudes the replacement government will just be more of the same.
    Agreed.

The people who want to return to the constitution are by default mostly law (constitution) abiding people.

People who are by nature, liars, cheaters, leeches will be in the streets way before the constitution minded people.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    I don't think would ever happen anywhere. The masks would be outlawed and protesters would be either A) beaten to death or B) shot.
    If it happened in the United States, and we had sufficient numbers, It would be more like what happened in Egypt recently.

The reason it doesn't happen, is because despite what so many people want to believe, life really isn't all that bad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    I agree. I also think that my generation are cowards and too soft compared to the young people of the 60's.
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    I agree. I also think that my generation are cowards and too soft compared to the young people of the 60's.
    I don't think the young people of the sixties turned out so hot. Plus they were fighting more blatant forms of racism (Jim Crow) and war (draft).

Never say Never. Although the chances of this happening are very small. But I could see small pockets of resistance rioting but probably without much success. My sense is that people must be willing to give up their lives in a confrontation with police or military reserves and things aren't that bad for them to want to do that. They might try a sit-in or throw rocks, maybe lite something on fire...but if they are going to be successful then need to be heavily armed with automatic weapons and organized enough not to just get wiped out by snipers or swat...lastly they would need a goal and I wonder what that would be...

Banned

Blog Entries
    It's ridiculous to want to give up your life for Americans' freedoms. They don't want the freedoms. They are stupid, and deserve everything coming to them. I used to think about a glorious death for the freedom of America. Now I realize, they would just cheer Bill O"reilly on as he spit on your grave. The only people worth giving your life for are your friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    It's ridiculous to want to give up your life for Americans' freedoms. They don't want the freedoms. They are stupid, and deserve everything coming to them. I used to think about a glorious death for the freedom of America. Now I realize, they would just cheer Bill O"reilly on as he spit on your grave. The only people worth giving your life for are your friends and family.
    Interesting observation. It just saddens me that this is how pathetic our country has become. It is so bad that most of us agree its not worth fighting for. Depressing, but probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Agreed, I believe we need to define ourselves in such a way that the individual NOT government is what matters most. Thus, I would rather live with the imperfections of a free society than with those of one that is government planned. Sure, people are/will make poor choices but those are individual choices rather than a bureaucratic one mandated upon your lifestyle. However, when we make these choices it is your responsibility NOT government's to either gain or suffer from them.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 07-09-2011 at 11:29 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!