Thread: Pepin County Board Supervisor becomes first state elected official to endorse Ron Paul

Pepin County Board Supervisor becomes first state elected official to endorse Ron Paul

http://www.wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=241418

Pepin County Board of Supervisor member Sean Scallon (District No. 8 - Arkansaw) has become the first elected official in the state of Wisconsin to endorse Ron Paul's campaign for President of the United States in 2012.

Scallon has been a member of the Board of Supervisors since 2008 and has lived in Pepin County since 2003. He supported the Paul campaign back in 2008 when the Texas member of the U.S. House of Representatives made his second bid for the Presidency.

"Ron Paul is continuing right where he left off four years ago," Scallon said. "The message is the same as it was then. Ron Paul wants a United States which is fiscally sound, that operates within its Constitutional mandate and is at peace and secure in the world. I believe in all these things and that's why I am supporting Ron Paul for President."

Scallon also noted Ron Paul has sponsored a bill removing Federal jurisdiction over the sale of raw milk and has supported efforts to remove Federal restrictions over hemp production.

"In county dependent on agriculture and made up mostly small and medium-sized farms, Ron Paul's support of efforts allow raw milk sales and hemp production will have a direct impact and benefit to our citizens."

Scallon said Rep. Paul has a good base of support in western Wisconsin from Eau Claire to La Crosse down to his best counties in the state in the 2008 GOP primary: Richland, Crawford and Monroe where he scored over 10 percent of the vote.

"I urge Ron Paul supporters in western Wisconsin to contact the Ron Paul campaign in Iowa by going through its website at www.iowaforronpaul.com because they need help both in donations for projects which reach voters throughout the state of Iowa and also to assist the campaign as well with said projects such as phone banks, lit drops, staffing Ron Paul booths at county fairs and so forth. In western Wisconsin, we are in a position to be able to provide such help."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well done Wisconsin. I think Ron Paul will have a pretty good showing in WI. I was already contacted by the Milwaukee meetup and they have been meeting for a while. Great endorsement!
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito