Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calif. lawmakers pass bill to teach gay history in schools

Calif. lawmakers pass bill to teach gay history in schools

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76509120110706

Kind of silly, but another reason why I am suspicious of the government's version of history being taught to impressionable kids.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I want to pass a bill that teaches the impact of left-handed people on history too.
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

Another pathetic and ill motivated attack on America's children. I think it should be taught in Hampstead synagogues instead. Betcha they won't be having none of it for their children. It will surely turn into a mess of so-and-so from history was really a closet case with no frigging proof by activist morons. Carpetmunching 101 and Lower Fundament Rotorooting 101 will be on middle school agendas next.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    Carpetmunching 101 and Lower Fundament Rotorooting 101 will be on middle school agendas next.
    Rev9
    What do those two subjects have to do with the topic in the OP?

I'm OK with it so long as it's mixed in with all other civil rights movements taught in civics, social studies or government classes. As a separate, independent class or scope outside of civil rights and liberties, it would seem completely unnecessary and pointless. I support gay rights but geez, no reason to make a separate class for it in school.
    Welcome to the USSA.

America, the Doctor will free you now.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    One step at a time is how The Enemy encroaches.

HTH
    Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

You don't wanna know. Trust me.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

It is just another tool used to divide us.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fudgepacking and pole smoking are an ancient practice and part of our rich cultural heritage. Take a look at this historical artifact from 510 BC:

These historic treasures prove that the ancients were adept at anal spelunking. Gay historians still have not determined at what point in history this behavior branched out into limp wrist gestures, exaggerated feminized modes of speech, and sex with random strangers in bathrooms, but they hope to "rectify" the situation with further research.

Compulsory state education...teaching that rights come from groups....socialization...statism....

Connect the dots.

And still we have people here who are "okay" with stuff like this. If you think that this is okay, I would just ask you to sincerely rediscover liberty.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 07-05-2011 at 10:40 PM.

More collectivism. There is no black history, gay history, womens history, etc. there is only history.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76509120110706

Kind of silly, but another reason why I am suspicious of the government's version of history being taught to impressionable kids.
    The last version would have made them do this as early as kindergarten. My 5 year old wasn't even interested in where babies came from at that point, and I think bringing sexuality into the kindergarten is way usurping the proper role of the parents.

The Governator vetoed that. Don't know what Brown will do.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-05-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    [GRAPHIC IMAGE]
    These historic treasures prove that the ancients were adept at anal spelunking.

BIRTH CONTROL.

c
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    You don't wanna know. Trust me.
    Neither of those two subjects are exclusive to homosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    The last version would have made them do this as early as kindergarten. My 5 year old wasn't even interested in where babies came from at that point, and I think bringing sexuality into the kindergarten is way usurping the proper role of the parents.

The Governator vetoed that. Don't know what Brown will do.
    I don't understand the point of teaching any form of sex education while kids still see the opposite sex as having cooties. You need to wait until about 5/6th grade before touching on that.

I also agree with the idea that they shouldn't teach compartmentalized history. History is history and it should be taught as such.
    Welcome to the USSA.

America, the Doctor will free you now.

Stupid. The purpose of this of course is to play up the gays that worked within the government's approved framework. Like the suffrage and civil rights movement's, or at least the way they're taught in history. It works like this:

X group fought for rights.
    The government gave X group rights.
    You are a member of X group.
    You owe the government for giving you those rights.

That's why I oppose this, despite being gay myself. Mention the people in history who were gay and actually did something. But as it stands, this is yet another propaganda tool.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RP Supporter View Post
    That's why I oppose this, despite being gay myself. Mention the people in history who were gay and actually did something. But as it stands, this is yet another propaganda tool.
    I find the image they put on the OP link sad:

This person already has the "freedom" to marry. They can go and get married a few churches, they can do it privately with family, they can create private contracts handling inheritance and everything. But no, they want to beg and plead for "permission" for the "freedom" to marry. They should be saying "screw you! I don't need government approval of my marriage."

I find the image they put on the OP link sad:

This person already has the "freedom" to marry. They can go and get married a few churches, they can do it privately with family, they can create private contracts handling inheritance and everything. But no, they want to beg and plead for "permission" for the "freedom" to marry. They should be saying "screw you! I don't need government approval of my marriage."
    Ya, you're totally right.. but they should also be allowed to get married as long as it's a state function.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Another pathetic and ill motivated attack on America's children. I think it should be taught in Hampstead synagogues instead. Betcha they won't be having none of it for their children. It will surely turn into a mess of so-and-so from history was really a closet case with no frigging proof by activist morons. Carpetmunching 101 and Lower Fundament Rotorooting 101 will be on middle school agendas next.

Rev9
    One step at a time is how The Enemy encroaches.

HTH
    Rev9

The Jews? or The Commies?

If schools were run by the local communities instead of the States or Federal governments then this would not be a problem. Granted most schools have local school boards elected by the local citizens, but it defeats the point when the state/federal government gets to mandate school policies. These are politicans that are creating policy for publicity. A local community school wouldn't be as inclined to even care.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Kind of embarrassing but I don't know anything about gay history.

Quote Originally Posted by messana View Post
    Kind of embarrassing but I don't know anything about gay history.
    You might start with Abraham Lincoln.

We saw this coming from a mile away, i heard folks saying this years ago about how schools would be next on the gay agenda.

The typical response by a Progressive would be 'Oh no, no. Stop with that nonsense, gays only want the right to marry, not push their lifestyle on your kids'.

And, so here it is.

Get your kids OUT of public schools is the answer Period. Not just for this reason, but a ton of other reasons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You hit the nail on the head there. Everyone thinks you must be either for or against gay marriage, I have yet to meet a person who has considered that there is a third option, getting government out of the business altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    You hit the nail on the head there. Everyone thinks you must be either for or against gay marriage, I have yet to meet a person who has considered that there is a third option, getting government out of the business altogether.
    Umm...hi my partner and I support that third option. Nice to meet ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky201 View Post
    Umm...hi my partner and I support that third option. Nice to meet ya!
    Lol I meant I haven't met a person outside of the internet that considered it. Nice to meet u just the same
    =p

Can I say thank goodness I don't live in California? Without somebody pouncing on me? They already over do the "black history" thing...

I have a spectacular idea. If we're supposed to not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, mental status, physical disability, age, or any number of other things... let's just leave that crap out of history books unless it's really REALLY relevant (it usually isn't).

How about people just teach History?

You'll never get that in public schools consistently, because it's easier to teach via soundbyte and cliche. Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492, but his name wasn't "Columbus" and he didn't discover America. Pocahontas was not a slender of-age gal with woodland creatures for pets. The first settlers were not a jolly mix of hardy frontiersmen and pious ladies in long dresses, and the first winter was not pleasant. The Revolutionary War was not won by a bunch of ragtag militia all on their own (I see this lie all over these forums still). Martin Luther King, Jr. was a great speaker, but there were so many others involved in fighting for what they saw as equality that no one even remembers. It's all wedged into Black History Month, rather than included as a chronology of our nation's history. You could go on and on and on with this stuff.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Oppression studies.The victims must be taught to be victims and the oppressors need to be politically designated to fit the prevailing narrative.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast