Thread: 2011 Values Voter Summit - Ron Paul speaking, C4L will have a booth

2011 Values Voter Summit - Ron Paul speaking, C4L will have a booth

I am making plans to attend the 2011 VVS which is being held at the Omni-Shoreham Hotel in Washington D.C. on October 7-9, 2011(This will be familiar ground to those of you were participated at CPAC). The VVS is a major event that rivals RLC and CPAC and it will get major media attention for whoever wins their straw poll. Ron has already confirmed his participation and the C4L will have a booth in the exhibition area.

Registration is $99 ($50 for students) and I believe this date is very close to the planned Revolution March part 2. WE CAN EASILY TAKE THIS EVENT AND WIN THIS POLL

So is anyone else planning on attending or would anyone else at least be interested in attending?

**** Registration is now open and ends on September 20th with refunds available until September 1st.

http://www.valuesvotersummit.org/schedule
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah I attended back in 2007..I was even interviewed by a reporter on my way out of this event...I never did find the article that the woman was suppose to write though. This event was 'serious' from what I remember, a lot of press were there. I remember standing near the elevator handing out slim-jims. Most people declined or simply took them out of politeness. I didn't get the best of vibes from people there when they saw I was supporting Paul...but that was four years ago and perhaps I am wrong.

If you do attend, best to wear a suit or dress really nice, everyone was dressed like they were going to church...if there was a straw poll I think Huckabee completely crushed it overwhelmingly.
    Last edited by BUSHLIED; 07-01-2011 at 06:15 AM.

nice

vote for ron in the straw poll and hit up the revolution march that same weekend

Win this poll!

bump
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

I'm thinking of going to vote for Ron. Is the Omni-Shoreham a decent place to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaNY View Post
    I'm thinking of going to vote for Ron. Is the Omni-Shoreham a decent place to stay?
    It is a lavish hotel with a confusing floor plan. It is also really expensive. So if you are on a budget I would suggest finding a cheaper hotel maybe on the outskirts of the city,

We had a bunch of much cheaper hotels located for CPAC. Is this on the red line too? As CPAC was? We might be able to use a lot of that information.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    We had a bunch of much cheaper hotels located for CPAC. Is this on the red line too? As CPAC was? We might be able to use a lot of that information.
    Omni Shoreham is right near the Marriott where CPAC was held. Walked from the Omni to CPAC all four days this past year.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

I expect we'll bring a crew of church friendlies from here - gonna be good
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

I would expect the atmosphere there to be like a church event. It is a good place to woo over other conservatives with our charm.

I mean, the point of going is surely to win over other groups of conservatives, the straw poll is merely part of the means to the end....
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-02-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

If we could win this poll and at the same time make inroads with the other conservatives in attendance, it will be a major accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    If we could win this poll and at the same time make inroads with the other conservatives in attendance, it will be a major accomplishment.
    That would be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I would expect the atmosphere there to be like a church event. It is a good place to woo over other conservatives with our charm.
    So I guess unlike CPAC, there won't be any Madam's Organ afterparties? LOL
    Last edited by Napoleon's Shadow; 07-02-2011 at 09:31 PM.

This would be a great event for the more religious of the bunch to come out in force. I am a believer myself but nowhere near capable of getting into a bible thumping competition with some that may be there. If we present ourselves well, talk up the good Dr. (especially hammering home his pro life positions) and take this poll than there is no way they can ignore us. I hope to see quite a few of you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Shadow View Post
    So I guess unlike CPAC, there won't be any Madam's Organ afterparties? LOL
    LOL! I was there.. It was an.... interesting place lol

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So it doesn't matter if I'm out of state? I see there is a $75 package, can I vote with that? How many people were there last time?
    Last edited by AlexAmore; 07-03-2011 at 01:52 AM.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    It is a lavish hotel with a confusing floor plan. It is also really expensive. So if you are on a budget I would suggest finding a cheaper hotel maybe on the outskirts of the city,
    I'm not on a budget, I just don't want to stay in a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    I'm not on a budget, I just don't want to stay in a dump!

But apparently this is going to be a huge religious/social conservative deal and quite frankly I don't fit in (although I was raised to be a good catholic girl!) I was going to come and vote for Ron but maybe I'll skip.

Why cant any of these summits happen in the west coast? Or better yet when I'm in the east coast. I call bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRobbStark View Post
    Why cant any of these summits happen in the west coast? Or better yet when I'm in the east coast. I call bull$#@!.
    Probably a conspiracy against forum people named KingRobbStark. I heard about it through a friend of a friend's sister's brother who went to different schools together with a guy name Carl.
    Last edited by AlexAmore; 07-03-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by KingRobbStark View Post
    Why cant any of these summits happen in the west coast?
    As a matter of fact they do!

http://www.westerncpac.com/
    http://westernrepublican.com/
    Last edited by Napoleon's Shadow; 07-03-2011 at 06:55 AM.

This sounds like a place we need to win... hope we are well represented! It can't be that bad to dress neatly and be polite.

I stayed at Springhill Suites Marriott in Fairfax VA. Ordering ahead of time I got it for only $70 a night and it was bigger and quieter than my apartment! Favorite hotel I ever stayed at. But the downside was a long trip into the city - it was at least an hour to CPAC from there.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.