Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taoism, lets talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by freshjiva View Post
    Fascinating. I can't comment much on Taoism, but I can regarding Hinduism. Classical Hinduism and Taoism share a lot of philosophical ground in their overarching worldview of the divine, nature, and man.

From the Ramayana epic poem, King Janak, who presided over the Golden Ages of ancient India, famously stated to the people:

"Svatantrata cha meva daanam;
    Svatantra te vidyatehinath.
    Svatantra kaaram lakshamistham;
    Bin svatantra sarva naasham."

"Freedom inspires charity;
    Freedom inspires knowledge.
    Freedom inspires prosperity,
    Without freedom, all is lost."

Although India was a kingdom under King Janaka, I think historians and anyone who reads the life and work of his reign agree he was a rare example of a "benevolent dictator". He restrained himself from usurping power and governed with the principle of protecting the liberty of his people. It's no wonder why trade, economic growth, arts, literature, and architecture all flourished under his administration.

Unfortunately, limited government benevolent monarchys are extremely rare in the history of the world.
    Good post. There were other similar leaders, such as Bharat, too.
    Last edited by Yieu; 08-24-2011 at 04:18 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate-ForLiberty View Post
    I disagree.
    That's okay, though, it saddens me that you do disagree.

I am convinced that if Lao Tzu was alive today, he would be a Christian. In fact, it is my faith that when Christ entered into hell and raised all the rigtheous souls from there all the way back to Adam and Eve, Lao Tzu was amongst them who instantly recognized that Christ was the Tao and the Way

Of course, you might disagree. I guess we'll have to call it draw and see what happens when our time has come. May the Lord have mercy on both of us on that day.
    Last edited by TER; 08-24-2011 at 06:22 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

Quote Originally Posted by TodaysEpistleReading View Post
    I guess we'll have to call it draw and see what happens when our time has come. .
    I agree.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    Domo arigato gozai machta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12